NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 and its input stylus
5%
Steam Controller + Steam Link
32%

Total votes: 78

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Dec 2015, 01:59

Please vote for your winner of the Best commercial alternative or other input device 2015.

By voting in this category you can win an assembled Infinity 60% keyboard with Matias Quiet Click switches from Input Club!

This is the final round. See the first round and second round for reference.

The final round ends on Monday 14 December, 20:00hrs UTC. You can change your vote until the end of the round. The winner and full results will be released soon after the vote closes. EDIT: The winner has been announced here.

The official nominees are:

Apple Pencil
The Apple Pencil is a digital stylus pen that works as an input device for the iPad Pro tablet computer and was designed by Apple. It was announced alongside the iPad Pro and released in conjunction with it.

The Apple Pencil features pressure sensitivity and angle detection

Matias Ergo Pro
The Matias Ergo Pro is an ergonomic keyboard with Matias' "Quiet Click" switches, staggered QWERTY layout, and two half-keyboards which can be individually adjusted.

Now on tour.

NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 and its input stylus
The NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 is a high-performance tablet for gamers. Together with the SHIELD controller and GeForce NOW™ game-streaming service, this Android tablet is transformed into a powerful gaming system.

The SHIELD tablet K1 has a full HD 1080p, 8-inch display and dual front-facing speakers.

Bring your existing collection of PC games with you to the living room. Simply connect Steam Link to your TV and home network and access your full library of games and the complete Steam catalog.

The Steam Link, which detect PCs that are running Steam on the home network, pairs with the Steam Controller.

Plasmodium

09 Dec 2015, 10:13

Completely missed this topic in the first round of voting, but I'm typing this on the first gen Shield Tablet. Build quality was crap (this is my third), but absolutely legendary performance. And the stylus is fun, too.

Also wish I could vote for the link/controller combo as well. It's a neat idea I'd love to try out.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

09 Dec 2015, 16:14

Don't forget that the Shield Tablet has an input stylus that is quite a lot like the Apple Ink! Somehow this fact is lost in the noise but it's the very reason I'm voting for it.

Plasmodium

09 Dec 2015, 16:52

Ah, but the one in the vote here is the Shield Tablet *K1* - ie, the new Shield Tablet that doesn't come with the stylus by default (optional extra, I think). I'm not sure why... I guess the old one came out in 2014 now that I think of it.

Dan

10 Dec 2015, 17:54

I have a steam controller and i'm amazed by it. It's a technical marvel, imo, and the price is really fair for what it does. Once configured properly and with some practice, it can be almost as precise as a mouse, it's incredible how precise its sensors are. No other company had the balls to rethink the classic gamepad in such a way, so my vote was easy to give. :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Dec 2015, 18:09

Plasmodium wrote: Ah, but the one in the vote here is the Shield Tablet *K1* - ie, the new Shield Tablet that doesn't come with the stylus by default (optional extra, I think). I'm not sure why... I guess the old one came out in 2014 now that I think of it.
They're the same tablet! The new one is "cost reduced" by not including a stylus, or even a power brick for that matter. :o

E3E

10 Dec 2015, 19:06

Dan wrote: I have a steam controller and i'm amazed by it. It's a technical marvel, imo, and the price is really fair for what it does. Once configured properly and with some practice, it can be almost as precise as a mouse, it's incredible how precise its sensors are. No other company had the balls to rethink the classic gamepad in such a way, so my vote was easy to give. :)
Man, I really need to stop being poor so I can afford all these awesome things, haha. That sounds SO cool. If I had any experience with the Steam controller, I'd likely be swayed to vote for it.

I have to get things together before my gaming rig becomes obsolete. I just upgraded it last January, but I need to get things going!

Plasmodium

10 Dec 2015, 19:54

XMIT wrote:
Plasmodium wrote: Ah, but the one in the vote here is the Shield Tablet *K1* - ie, the new Shield Tablet that doesn't come with the stylus by default (optional extra, I think). I'm not sure why... I guess the old one came out in 2014 now that I think of it.
They're the same tablet! The new one is "cost reduced" by not including a stylus, or even a power brick for that matter. :o
Precisely! Which is why I'm wondering why it's in here when it doesn't come with the stylus (though it will work with it). Because as an innovation, the stylus came from the original in 2014. Still, I'm not complaining. I'm glad to see the SHIELD Tablet get some love.

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Dec 2015, 21:24

The vote closes on Monday 14 December at 20:00 UTC. Vote now!

The two nominees with currently the most votes are (in alphabetical order):
Spoiler:
Matias Ergo Pro

Return to “Final vote”