Best commercial alternative or other input device 2015

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

14 Dec 2015, 21:09

The nominees in the category Best commercial alternative or other input device 2015 are:

Apple Pencil • The Apple Pencil is a digital stylus pen that works as an input device for the iPad Pro tablet computer and was designed by Apple. It was announced alongside the iPad Pro and released in conjunction with it.

Matias Ergo Pro • The Matias Ergo Pro is an ergonomic keyboard with Matias' "Quiet Click" switches, staggered QWERTY layout, and two half-keyboards which can be individually adjusted.

NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 and its input stylus • The NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1 is a high-performance tablet for gamers. Together with the SHIELD controller and GeForce NOW™ game-streaming service, this Android tablet is transformed into a powerful gaming system.

Steam Controller + Steam Link • Bring your existing collection of PC games with you to the living room. Simply connect Steam Link to your TV and home network and access your full library of games and the complete Steam catalog.

And the Wingnut for Best commercial alternative or other input device 2015, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

The Matias Ergo Pro is an ergonomic keyboard with Matias' "Quiet Click" switches, staggered QWERTY layout, and two half-keyboards which can be individually adjusted.

Now on tour.

E3E

15 Dec 2015, 11:43

Allow me to provide a solitary congrats to Matias. :)

I voted for it!

Muirium
µ

15 Dec 2015, 16:17

They did well. It's a pretty decent board. If not too much of a surprise that the one keyboard in the final would win the award at a keyboard forum!

bhtooefr

15 Dec 2015, 17:30

I tried to nominate it last year, actually nominated it this year, and voted for it... despite not actually liking the switches it comes with.

I'm not sure what that says.

(That said, it wouldn't be too bad to convert it to Clicks, and then it'd be a quite good ergo option.)

Return to “Results”