Best keyboard company or brand 2015

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

14 Dec 2015, 21:39

The nominees in the category Best keyboard company or brand 2015 are:

Gateron • Gateron rocked the keyswitch and keycap markets by introducing high quality Cherry MX switch clones and PBT keycaps.

IBM • The popularity of keyboards and switches of the IBM of yesteryear is stronger than ever, due to the lasting quality and also thanks to various great projects.

MatiasMatias is one of the most innovative companies in the business, and continues to innovate in switches and keyboards, such as the Matias Ergo Pro.

TopreTopre are the makers of some of the finest keyboards today, and they continue to innovate and produce new stuff to keep us enthousiasts happy.

And the Wingnut for Best keyboard company or brand 2015, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

Gateron rocked the keyswitch and keycap markets by introducing high quality Cherry MX switch clones and PBT keycaps.

Beautiful Gateron keycaps on a Korean custom keyboard.

7bit

14 Dec 2015, 21:41

This is the end of [insert subject here] ...
:cry:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

14 Dec 2015, 21:43

Can't say that I'm happy :(

scottc

14 Dec 2015, 21:46

Whaaat, those dyesubs are Gateron? I need some.

Stabilized

14 Dec 2015, 21:53

Dye subbing done by IMSTO though right?

andrewjoy

14 Dec 2015, 21:56

Think so , they look almost identical to my IMSTO set

E3E

14 Dec 2015, 22:05

I voted for Gateron thanks to all their delivery this past year and how they've matched Cherry in quality and with their caps! That blows me away, especially after Kailh ended up disappointing so many.

I was torn between Matias and Gateron though!

gogusrl

14 Dec 2015, 22:36

enjoypbt makes the red cherry dyesubs as well (on gateron blanks I suppose).

http://world.taobao.com/item/4515713409 ... 9L5#detail

shreebles
Finally 60%

14 Dec 2015, 22:40

Damn, Gateron. Ignoring Cherry tolerance values since 2014.

Madhias
BS TORPE

14 Dec 2015, 22:44

Sometimes I will get PBT MX caps. And one of these fancy Gaterons. As I read they are amazing? Like better than the original? Whatever, the PBT caps are really nice.

rddm

14 Dec 2015, 22:44

Gateron are converting cherry fan boys, let's see the answer of cherry next year

Return to “Results”