Best deskthority contributor 2015

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

14 Dec 2015, 22:00

The nominees in the category Best deskthority contributor 2015 are:

7bit for sorting and shipping Round 5 • 7bit's most monumental keycap project, it took several years to get here, and boy was our patience rewarded! Where were you when Signature Plastics shipped? The sorting must have been the work of bots, nuns or leprechauns (or all combined).

Chyros for his regular video reviews of quite a range of classic keyboards, and growing • Chyros' video reviews are well loved for their excellent detail and for his exquisite voice. Warning: once you start watching, you can't stop!

Seebart for his wiki and forum contributions • Seebart contributed a lot of keyboard and keyboard switches information and photos this year, and also posted about a lot of interesting vintage keyboards.

Snuci for his great contributions such as posting his collection • Snuci burst onto the deskthority scene with many posts and photos about his great vintage collection, such as this Alps keyboard, this Otrona Attache keyboard or this Kaypro 2000, to name just a few examples.

And the Wingnut for Best deskthority contributor 2015, as voted for by the members of deskthority, goes to...
Spoiler:

Chyros' video reviews are well loved for their excellent detail and for his exquisite voice. Warning: once you start watching, you can't stop!
IBM Model F 122-key terminal vintage mechanical keyboard review.

7bit

14 Dec 2015, 22:01

Congratulations!
:-)

One day, I must update my system to be able to turn those white rectangles into motion pictures ...
:shock:

E3E

14 Dec 2015, 22:02

Congrats, Chyros!

How could you not win with that smooth sonorous voice. :P

Seriously though, your reviews are always entertaining AND informative! It's hard to cram both into one video, but you do it with ease!

snuci
Vintage computer guy

14 Dec 2015, 22:35

Congrats Chryos! Absolutely well deserved.

klikkyklik

14 Dec 2015, 22:36

Congratulations!

HzFaq

14 Dec 2015, 22:40

Congrats dude, keep up the good work, look forward to see what you've got in the pipeline.

rddm

14 Dec 2015, 22:41

Congrats Chyros, I only saw a few reviews but they are amazing!

bhtooefr

14 Dec 2015, 22:57

I'll admit that I hadn't seen much of Chyros's reviews before the DTAs... but after seeing them, I knew I had to vote for him.

Congrats!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Dec 2015, 23:03

Congrats Chryos, keep those video reviews coming. ;)

Laser
emacs -nw

14 Dec 2015, 23:17

Congratulations!

7bit wrote: Congratulations!
:-)

One day, I must update my system to be able to turn those white rectangles into motion pictures ...
:shock:
The Metro 7bit Studios! RRRRooaaaRRRR

Halvar

15 Dec 2015, 00:11

Laser wrote: RRRRooaaaRRRR
That's what she said when she heard Chyros talk.

Chyros

15 Dec 2015, 01:46

Thanks guys, I'm really happy to see you like the videos so much :) . They take me a lot of time to make, but it's so worth it when you see people like your stuff! I'm very honoured, and of course, there's more to come! ;)

vsev

15 Dec 2015, 10:28

Congrats Chyros, good to know that there will be more !

andrewjoy

15 Dec 2015, 10:31

Congrats man, they are cool videos !

I wish i knew where you got your stuff so i could beat you to it :P

Return to “Results”