The *Ping*

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 19:05

I would put:

ohaimark | For sneakily nominating XMIT and allowing 92u to stay on the nomination list

But... I can't be a nominee.

Wait... That means it's impossible for me to win The *Ping* so long as I manage the DTAs. It's time for me to start trolling very, very hard.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

21 Nov 2016, 19:17

ohaimark wrote: Wait... That means it's impossible for me to win The *Ping* so long as I manage the DTAs. It's time for me to start trolling very, very hard.
Is it?

scottc

21 Nov 2016, 19:58

That's it, I'm jumping on this bandwagon:

scottc | just because everyone else is self-nominating and a wingnut would be kind of cool I guess

Semi-serious suggestion:

deskthority | for descending into chaos with self-nominations for the ping award (so meta)

PollandAkuma

21 Nov 2016, 20:01

I want to nominate the ANSI layout >:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Nov 2016, 20:04

Possibly this category should be renamed to..."The *Irony Ping*" or "The Troll Ping*.

But the ultimate BS would have to be...

DTA hack:"how to self-nominate yourself to a gold Wingnut and still get maximum respect for it!"

lot_lizard

21 Nov 2016, 20:16

Agreed... I was in Vegas once for work while the AVN awards were in town. It's a distinguished trophy. Maybe we actually give away something... the AVN or duplicate like this? http://lastangryfan.com/2011/06/anyone- ... isturbing/

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 20:18

The winner (loser who wins?) doesn't get a wingnut anyways. :lol:

7bit

21 Nov 2016, 20:20

I nominate 7bit, mashby and SL89 for obvious reasons.
:roll:

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 20:21

Deskthority can't win its awards either, unfortunately.

jbondeson

21 Nov 2016, 20:22

PollandAkuma wrote: I want to nominate the ANSI layout >:)
I would like to nominate: "ISO Users in every IC and GB thread ever: endless arguing about kits that never make MOQ" :evilgeek:

If Wodan manages to get his minimal ISO Kit off the ground he deserves to get a wingnut next year, just because I won't have to scroll through 10 pages of people trying to get their "Northern Siberian Aleut" kit in. :roll: :ugeek:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Nov 2016, 20:23

7bit wrote: I nominate 7bit, mashby and SL89 for obvious reasons.
:roll:
You are too late. :evilgeek: All the auto-nominations are done. You should have instructed 7bot with your random permutations. :evilgeek:

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 20:54

jbondeson wrote:
I would like to nominate: "ISO Users in every IC and GB thread ever: endless arguing about kits that never make MOQ" :evilgeek:

If Wodan manages to get his minimal ISO Kit off the ground he deserves to get a wingnut next year, just because I won't have to scroll through 10 pages of people trying to get their "Northern Siberian Aleut" kit in. :roll: :ugeek:
Are both of those nominations unironic? I can't even tell anymore. :mrgreen:

jbondeson

21 Nov 2016, 21:18

ohaimark wrote:
jbondeson wrote:

Are both of those nominations unironic? I can't even tell anymore. :mrgreen:
Wait a minute, now we have to take these awards seriously?!? :o

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 21:20

Just seriously enough so that I can tell whether I should put the suggestion in the OP or not.

Compgeke

21 Nov 2016, 21:33

I know someone nominated for best keyswitch, but I'll nominate Alps Plate Spring for ping. Like foam and foil they seem like they'd be nice. The keycaps are usually nice dyesub caps, they have a very satisfying click and they're basically a miniature beamspring! What's not to love?

They have a major flaw though. While they're nice to use when typing slow at any sort of speed they just turn into a spongy mush. A second not as major issue is they love to pop apart when removing caps (on both my P70s anyway). You don't lose a spring or anything but it is a fairly annoying trait.

jbondeson

21 Nov 2016, 21:51

ohaimark wrote: Just seriously enough so that I can tell whether I should put the suggestion in the OP or not.
Help, help, I'm being repressed! :cry:

ohaimark
Kingpin

21 Nov 2016, 22:18

I told you. We're an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take
it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

I happen to be that XO.

Ray

22 Nov 2016, 00:18

CherryMX | for never reading my pm ;(

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Nov 2016, 01:32

An update on ad hominomations (a.k.a. nominations that target an individual user):

Unless the user's actions affect multiple community members, they won't be considered as a candidate. That means that CherryMX's poor PM management skills aren't quite enough to qualify him/her.

Hking0036

22 Nov 2016, 02:05

ohaimark wrote: An update on ad hominomations
Are you proud of that pun? Because you should be.

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Nov 2016, 04:08

I'm very proud of it... Thanks. ;)

cookie

22 Nov 2016, 10:22

I'd like to nominate:

Realforce | For creating a glowing monstrosity nobody actually wanted.

E3E

23 Nov 2016, 07:36

Compgeke wrote: I know someone nominated for best keyswitch, but I'll nominate Alps Plate Spring for ping. Like foam and foil they seem like they'd be nice. The keycaps are usually nice dyesub caps, they have a very satisfying click and they're basically a miniature beamspring! What's not to love?

They have a major flaw though. While they're nice to use when typing slow at any sort of speed they just turn into a spongy mush. A second not as major issue is they love to pop apart when removing caps (on both my P70s anyway). You don't lose a spring or anything but it is a fairly annoying trait.
I've never had this happen on a P70! I have had it on one of my 5576 keyboards that had a switch with a broken tab though, which caused the top to pop off. :C

I don't find them to feel spongy, but I think I can understand why you might consider them to feel that way. :D

92u

23 Nov 2016, 23:10

Helo deskthority i reli feel good becas i get nominatered

Thank Thank

))

ohaimark
Kingpin

23 Nov 2016, 23:56

Congratulations.

Return to “Call for nominees”