Best artisan keycap

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2016, 00:57

DanielT wrote: are we getting soft? :roll:
Yes! :twisted:
Although I don't think you've been following the US election thread, which is a good thing. The Hitler is strong in there.

But it's not all bad news. Basically, we settled into a demography and groove were we all get along quite nicely, even if we don't agree. Which, considering this is a free speech forum, is quite an accomplishment, congratulations to ourselves! :D Just look at this topic. You can rant, someone else says, uhm take it easy or elsewhere, you say bah, ok, and it's over. It's egalitarian. Not some guy moderating your opinion and giving you penalty points like a toddler. I never get along with moderated forums. I tend to get banned at some point for opinion.

chuckdee

24 Nov 2016, 02:16

DanielT wrote: for me it wasn't ... a great design with lot of potential but lacked the finishing touch. Sorry but I had to say that, pissed on a lot of roses when I said that... me and my big mouth...
It's your opinion, which is fine. I know others that would disagree that have them. To each his own.

cookie

24 Nov 2016, 10:31

webwit wrote: ... Just look at this topic. You can rant, someone else says, uhm take it easy or elsewhere, you say bah, ok, and it's over. It's egalitarian. Not some guy moderating your opinion and giving you penalty points like a toddler...
Ohh boy do I hate this places... to me it sounds like the perfect description of reddit mods who constantly ban-hammering all end everyone who isn't particularly super-duper nice to everyone.

And geekhack, it totally sounds like geekhack...

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

24 Nov 2016, 10:35

webwit wrote:
DanielT wrote: are we getting soft? :roll:
Yes! :twisted:
Although I don't think you've been following the US election thread, which is a good thing. The Hitler is strong in there.

But it's not all bad news. Basically, we settled into a demography and groove were we all get along quite nicely, even if we don't agree. Which, considering this is a free speech forum, is quite an accomplishment, congratulations to ourselves! :D Just look at this topic. You can rant, someone else says, uhm take it easy or elsewhere, you say bah, ok, and it's over. It's egalitarian. Not some guy moderating your opinion and giving you penalty points like a toddler. I never get along with moderated forums. I tend to get banned at some point for opinion.
I like to keep away from politics :lol: so I didn't follow that.
I have the bad habit of saying what I think out loud, even at work I do that ....sometimes.... :roll:
DT is the only forum where I didn't saw the lynch mob effect after talking shit, I have a very short fuse when it comes to that, I try to self-moderate but it doesn't work all the time.
I should have been wyser, artisan caps are a touchy subject, mainly because of the aftermarket prices, nobody wants to hear that a piece of art they paid $$$ is considered trash by someone, each time I did that I saw a lynch mob taking shape. I believe in freedom of speech, especialy when it comes to voting for something, I think I am allowed maybe even entitled to say that I don't like something that I owned and saw in real life, it's my point of view and I don't like to be judged for that. I say what I have to say and we carry on, whent I see someone even trying to pick up a stone it becomes personal. People in the "free" world have no clue how it feels to live under a dictator so PLEASE DON'T BE ONE!
End of rant :D

I wish good luck to the makers, may the best one win! No hard feelings, criticism is the best drive for creativity!

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2016, 10:56

cookie wrote: to me it sounds like the perfect description of reddit mods who constantly ban-hammering all end everyone who isn't particularly super-duper nice to everyone.
Not only that but now, as it turns out, censoring and editing posts that trigger them.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2016, 11:06

Haha, a CEO personally rage-editing such a large site...
Oh well, it could have been worse. At least he fessed up and was corrected by his team.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Nov 2016, 11:14

Now imagine Seebart had admin rights here and EVERY post had an "Edit" button ...

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2016, 11:16

DanielT wrote: People in the "free" world have no clue how it feels to live under a dictator

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2016, 11:18

Wodan wrote: Now imagine Seebart had admin rights here and EVERY post had an "Edit" button ...
I would actually trust seebart with mod powers :)
I don't think it would corrupt him, and he keeps a cool head more than many others.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Nov 2016, 11:22

Very generous, of course Mu used to joke about this quite a bit like I could bring chaos upon DT. I think matt3o gave me some limited admin rights a while ago...I forget what for. Never even used it as far as I know... :evilgeek:
Last edited by seebart on 24 Nov 2016, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Topre Enthusiast

24 Nov 2016, 11:23

Seebart you edited my quote bro...how dare you!?
Edit: Too fking funny :lol: It was perfect

seebart

24 Nov 2016, 11:25

Awe come on that was harmless...keep it simple, that's the idea. :mrgreen:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Nov 2016, 11:31

I totally agree, seebart should get full admin rights.

Last edited by seebart on 24 Nov 2016, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

24 Nov 2016, 11:39

Wodan wrote: I totally agree, seebart should get full admin rights.
No thanks, no admin for me. Then I'd probably have to do some work...
Wodan wrote: Last edited by seebart on 24 Nov 2016, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Don't fake that Wodan... :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2016, 12:04

Could be scarier!

#webwitsucks

Last edited by u/spez on 24 Nov 2016, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Nov 2016, 12:06

Top tag 2017 *cough*

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

24 Nov 2016, 14:05

I'd like to nominate Webwit gift at the Paris meetup, made by one of my friend:

:mrgreen:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Nov 2016, 14:17

ramnes wrote: I'd like to nominate Webwit gift at the Paris meetup, made by one of my friend:

:mrgreen:
Now this one at least is funny. Does it float? :lol:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

24 Nov 2016, 14:48

It does!

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Nov 2016, 14:52

Well, yes, but...
duckfloat1.jpg
duckfloat1.jpg (331.49 KiB) Viewed 10605 times
duckfloat2.jpg
duckfloat2.jpg (306.23 KiB) Viewed 10605 times

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Nov 2016, 15:15

The funny thing is that seebart's edits wouldn't show up if he was a mod! We'd need to have special settings just for him. :lol:

Return to “Call for nominees”