Best modern keyboard or company

lot_lizard

24 Nov 2016, 18:30

ohaimark wrote: I talked the DTA team into an honorable mentions section in the DTA news page. If you have any nominations that involve DTA team members, please post them in the News announcement topic and I'll add them.
Appreciate that... and makes sense to your point especially if we are bringing other communities in the fold. It will just be nice to go back and see a complete picture of the year. That's a nice compromise...

derzemel

24 Nov 2016, 18:37

Wodan wrote:
derzemel wrote: can I nominate a keyboard if the company has already been nominated?

I would like to nominate the Novatouch, for bringing Topre to the masses.
Is it okay if I just add this to the existing Coolermaster nomination?
Are sure you don't want to nominate them for taking away Topre from the masses again? ;)
ok, add it to the CM nomination.

We do not really know what was the collaboration between Topre and CM and what are the reasons for stopping the Novatouch production (maybe they used CM to test the market, maybe it was a business decision by CM)
So yes, nominate them for taking away the Topre from the masses again (we deserved a higher quality Novatouch and a 60% one)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Nov 2016, 18:39

ohaimark wrote: […]
I talked the DTA team into an honorable mentions section in the DTA news page. If you have any nominations that involve DTA team members, please post them in the News announcement topic and I'll add them.
dta-news-f98/welcome-to-the-deskthority ... ml#p340906

92u

24 Nov 2016, 23:04

@lot_lizard

Tenks 4 de rood pm ))

bhtooefr

26 Nov 2016, 18:50

Lenovo ThinkPad Mechanical Keyboard with TrackPoint - a major manufacturer releases a mechanical 60%, with a pointing stick.

The earliest evidence I can find of its existence is December 11, 2015.

Now, the trick is... it's really just a TEX Yoda (which won a predecessor to this category in 2014), with a ThinkPad label slapped on, and a higher price tag. (I don't think it should win, tbqh, but I'm nominating it anyway.) But, still...

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

26 Nov 2016, 20:13

chuckdee wrote:
ZealPC. From Zealios to Zealencios to PCBs, he has been aggressively innovating in the Keyboard space, instead of just using what has gone before.
I'd say he has improved on what has come before him (Zealios are better clears, Zealencios are QMX Clips for plate mounted board, Zeal60 PCB looks better quality than a lot of alternatives, but isn't breaking heaps of new ground).

chuckdee

27 Nov 2016, 00:20

livingspeedbump wrote:
chuckdee wrote:
ZealPC. From Zealios to Zealencios to PCBs, he has been aggressively innovating in the Keyboard space, instead of just using what has gone before.
I'd say he has improved on what has come before him (Zealios are better clears, Zealencios are QMX Clips for plate mounted board, Zeal60 PCB looks better quality than a lot of alternatives, but isn't breaking heaps of new ground).
That's what I meant about innovating in the space. Many just use what's gone before, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the ability to build on and improve what has gone before... there's a reason that there's a phrase about the shoulders of giants. You don't have to create something utterly new in order to innovate.

gogusrl

28 Nov 2016, 06:43

Damn, was to late to add Originative to the list for their TADA68 keyboard. 75$ for fully programmable, backlit, gaterons, thick pbt dyesubs is an amazing value.

Phenix
-p

04 Dec 2016, 11:25

I want to nominate the clueboard keyboard (the pcb allows really really many options, and the latest GB featured an nice metal case.
Also is Skully really helpful if errors occur/tries his best to correct them)

scottc

04 Dec 2016, 13:15

Phenix, we're already in the final round of voting, it's too late to nominate anyone else...

Return to “Call for nominees”