Best keyswitch

WASD_Greg

20 Nov 2016, 16:39

I nominate Gateron brown switches. They are light, tactile and quiet, so smooth, cheap and readily available. The best all-rounder switch available to keyboard enthusiasts right now.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

20 Nov 2016, 17:04

Ratfink wrote: Beamsprings. The father of a renowned line of clicky keyswitches, no other switch can match their elegant swing and sharp tactility.
Yea, I second this.

Nuum

20 Nov 2016, 17:11

Brown SKCM Alps, they almost feel like Topre switches but they are mechanical, super awesome tactility, albeit a little bit stiff for my taste.

OutragedPudding

20 Nov 2016, 18:30

My favourite switch is still Beam Spring! I fell in love with it at the Paris Meetup this year, the tactile feedback is great!

davkol

20 Nov 2016, 19:55

I'd like to nominate Cherry MX Silent too. Cherry Corp. has *finally* caught up with the times and offered an MX switch, that's damped out of the box.

tentator

21 Nov 2016, 00:15

Bucklesprings in model Fs for being soo sexy :)
Cherry MX clears for being silently tactile and not bottomouters(tm)!!

drevyek

21 Nov 2016, 00:17

Alps Creamsicles: Cream sliders and Orange springs/tactile leaves. Silent and smooth.

ThoughI also vote for Oki Tactile Gourds.

CoffeeHamster

21 Nov 2016, 02:54

I'd like to nominate Blue Alps, for having the crispest tactility I've ever seen.

PollandAkuma

21 Nov 2016, 03:39

I'd like to nominate Topre, because all year long I've been hearing the phrase "oneness with the cup rubber"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chyros

21 Nov 2016, 04:30

Fortunately SKCM blue, Okis and Alps plate springs have already been nominated, so I'll just keep it at Fujitsu magnetic reed and leaf spring for being amazingly well-engineered, super-smooth switches :) .

E3E

21 Nov 2016, 06:08

Alps SKCM Blue. The lovely click, the smooth actuation. What's not to love? Many compare, but none quite match the qualities of Alps SKCM Blue.

I didn't see the second page!

All of my favorite Alps switches were nominated pretty much! The others like SKCL Brown and Striped Amber are probably a bit too obscure for people to really vote on.

kawasaki161

21 Nov 2016, 13:46

Zealistotles/Gatistotles (or basically all vartiants of Aristotle stems in different housings). They are the clickiest Cherry style switch-combo out there, and they sound amaaazing <3

Hydra04

21 Nov 2016, 22:27

PollandAkuma wrote: Cherry MX Clears: My lover. The snappy feeling and the cushioned bottoming out allows me to not bottom out. And it is my first love, accompanying me to get my wpm above the 30wpm... It's like the basic sword every hero starts with and grows fond of.
this, this and again this. I arrived too late to the party but "clear is love".

lolpes

26 Nov 2016, 23:21

Last minute nomination : tai hao aruz blue switch alps clone, honestly one of the best switches i've tried so far, with the only big disadvantage being that it's not alps or cherry pin compatible :/but regardless, for me the best clicky switch I've tried this year!

ishtob

27 Nov 2016, 23:03

Ergo clears - nice and pronounced bump, 62g spring force light enough to not cause fatigue, but heavy enough to not easily bottom out for touch typing.

ohaimark
Kingpin

27 Nov 2016, 23:05

You missed the deadline. We're into the round 2 vote now.

Return to “Call for nominees”