Chinese IBM keyboard proxy Round 2 - Placed order.

7bit

27 Feb 2013, 22:00

:lol:

All my stuff plus these 10 take quite alot of space.

fossala
Elite +1

27 Feb 2013, 22:05

Your stuff is in one place. I plan to use one of the 2 boxes that the IBM boards come in to post yours. Just hope it all fits.

7bit

27 Feb 2013, 22:12

Please don't squeeze too much ...
:o

fossala
Elite +1

27 Feb 2013, 22:17

7bit wrote:Please don't squeeze too much ...
You don't need any of that silly bubble wrap do you ;)

7bit

27 Feb 2013, 22:25

fossala wrote:
7bit wrote:Please don't squeeze too much ...
You don't need any of that silly bubble wrap do you ;)
No, thanks!

No need to ship any bubble wrap along with the keyboards.

I've got enough of that stuff already and the bubble wrap might squeeze the keyboards too much.
:-)

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 10:08

Fucking cunt didn't repack it. I have sent him an email saying this.
They weren't repacked! I'm more than unhappy, I'm going to have to open a dispute with paypal if you can't resolve it.
Dave.
What do you guys want to happen? I'll post pictures in a bit. They have just taped 5 boxes together and put labels on them!
Fucking arseholes.

On the plus side, there is a range of models so everyone should get what they wanted with any luck.

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 10:19

Here is a pic.
Excuse the floor, I was tidying for my cycling coach to turn up when it arrived.

Icarium

01 Mar 2013, 10:57

Since I intend to actually use the board and I have enough boxes, I don't really mind. ;)

Sure, rage at me for not being a real collector if you want. ;)

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 11:10

Icarium wrote:Since I intend to actually use the board and I have enough boxes, I don't really mind. ;)

Sure, rage at me for not being a real collector if you want. ;)
I'm not too bothered. I have 2 boards already so I will just take the worst box (looks like you will get the second worst) as I already have ones for my "collection".

Icarium

01 Mar 2013, 11:21

If possible it would be cool if I could get one chinese and one japanese. :)

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 11:33

Icarium wrote:If possible it would be cool if I could get one chinese and one japanese. :)
I will try my best. I'm going to be busy all day (as any day off work) but will allocate them tonight. That is if people are happy with them in the state they are.

7bit

01 Mar 2013, 11:51

If this went via ebay, give him 100% negative feedback and tell him you want a huge refund because the items where damaged!
:mad:

Soarer

01 Mar 2013, 14:25

Shame on him, he's packed well before, and does state that international shipments will be double-packed* into a second box :(

I'm cross for that reason, but I'm not too bothered to get middling condition boxes - give the best to someone who hasn't got one already.

* No idea if that's the right term, but I'd think of 'repacking' as meaning taking the keyboards out and stuffing them together into another single box, throwing away the original boxes :shock:

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 14:28

OK update.
He replied with.
Good morning Dave,

Please send me an e-mail that details what went wrong with the last
shipment.

Was it the cost or the packing or both and also you solution to the
problem.

I will forward it to the warehouse that shipped the keyboards.

I am sort of in the middle of this as I have an good relationship with you
and also the shipping warehouse.

Regards,
R****** N****
I replied.
It was the packaging, there was non of it. http://i.imgur.com/wDk8Pxp.jpg
As you know these are going to collectors. I'm not bothered about boxes being ruined by tape, shipping labels and damage due to transport because I already have another 2 from previous orders. Others won't feel the same though. I was under the impression that CONUS shipping was in original box and all other shipping was repackaged. You can't think that sending the keyboards like they where sent is acceptable even if we didn't want to keep the boxes.

I'll ask people what they want to do with the keyboards and I hope we can come to an amicable conclusion.

Thank you,
Dave.
What do you guys want done? Should I link him to this thread or not?

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 15:17

Dave

I reviewed my shipping instructions to the warehouse and this is what I
requested.

"Special Shipping instructions: Ship in two outer boxes as before"

Let me know how to proceed.

Ron
What shall I say?

Icarium

01 Mar 2013, 15:42

Tell him that they didn't and then haggle about how much that is worth? :)

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 17:09

I have emailed him saying that it's not acceptable as shipping was $280 and we need a partial refund.

As for models I have.

3x 5954339
6x 6113442
1x 6112884

There just seems to be so many different numbers it's getting confusing.

7bit

01 Mar 2013, 17:41

Please open 3 of them. I don't mind my boxes being opened (esp. as they are damaged anyway).

So it seems the seller himself is not the gulty party, but the extra in the warehouse who had to do the work for the 3 regulars who where on vacation, being sick and the 3rd died in a Chinese restaurant caused by a rat bone in his throat ...
:shock:

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 17:50

7bit wrote:Please open 3 of them. I don't mind my boxes being opened (esp. as they are damaged anyway).

So it seems the seller himself is not the gulty party, but the extra in the warehouse who had to do the work for the 3 regulars who where on vacation, being sick and the 3rd died in a Chinese restaurant caused by a rat bone in his throat ...
I will do in a bit, doesn't look like enough damage to get through the packaging.

fossala
Elite +1

01 Mar 2013, 17:58

Yep, the internals are fine, checked 2. To tell the truth, the boxes aren't in that bad of shape except 3 of them.

7bit

02 Mar 2013, 19:30

And? Did you find one in Klingon layout?

fossala
Elite +1

02 Mar 2013, 20:08

7bit wrote:And? Did you find one in Klingon layout?
Sadly no. :(

fossala
Elite +1

06 Mar 2013, 07:32

He isn't giving any sort of refund... It went to paypal and for some reason I lost... cunts.

7bit

06 Mar 2013, 07:58

As I understand, the warehouse people are the guilty party.

Please make sure the dirty boxes do not touch the other stuff you are shipping me.

Or maybe pack into 2 packages, because you might be able to carry the package yourself, but I might not ...

mintberryminuscrunch

06 Mar 2013, 12:13

fossala wrote:He isn't giving any sort of refund... It went to paypal and for some reason I lost... cunts.
The box isn't considered part of the item. As long as the item stays intact the Box can be shredded afaik

Icarium

06 Mar 2013, 12:39

Paypal...always a pleasure. :)

fossala
Elite +1

08 Mar 2013, 11:47

Anyway, now that mess has finished I will be looking at packing these up when I'm off work (wed) and then I will get quotes to everyone for shipping. I'm off for 10 days from wednesday so I should be able to get them shipped the day after everyone pays.

Cheers for being patient guys.

EDIT, I will sort out model numbers tonight.

7bit

15 Mar 2013, 21:46

Fossala! Should some of us come over to you and press the reset button?

It seems you went into an infinite loop while sorting out the model numbers.

fossala
Elite +1

15 Mar 2013, 21:49

Sorry was busy with work then family. I'll get all numbers and as much packaging tomorrow afternoon that I can. The rest will have to wait until Monday. I will get yours packed with all the rest of the stuff, I need to get it out of the house anyway ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2013, 23:17

fossala wrote:Sorry was busy with work then family.
Get your priorities fixed, mister! :roll:

Return to “Group buys”