Toast.

05 Mar 2013, 20:30

No matter what happened: doxing is really uncool :-o

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Mar 2013, 07:05

koralatov wrote:
7bit wrote:Der magische Fleischball.
“Fleischball”. German is a terrifyingly literal language. No room for gentle, euphemistic wording!
Now I regret not having posted my own translation at once in response to 7bit's:
Zauberfleischklops :mrgreen:

Charlie_Brown_MX

06 Mar 2013, 09:19

ne0phyte wrote:No matter what happened: doxing is really uncool :-o
I wouldn’t call it “doxing” per se; more just attempting to build a certain association between two terms for Google to index in the hopes that it may save others the pain of dealing with this particular individual in future.
kbdfr wrote:
koralatov wrote:
7bit wrote:Der magische Fleischball.
“Fleischball”. German is a terrifyingly literal language. No room for gentle, euphemistic wording!
Now I regret not having posted my own translation at once in response to 7bit's:
Zauberfleischklops :mrgreen:
I like that even better!

TheQsanity

06 Mar 2013, 10:41

Little late but just read the whole thread.

Some thoughts:
MMB is a bad liar or Lin is a really good one.
Either way whether MMB seems to have a hard time expressing himself without going on the offensive.
Why whould all the caps be pulled off for any reason especially if they are planed to be shipped back when only a couple keys have been pulled off.

Lying or telling the truth, MMB seems to need more practice in whichever one he has been aiming for.

Lin seems to have a better way with people. It would be hard to think she was lying. Lying is an art and involves truth telling. The more truths you tell the more lies you can get away with.

Most important of all! If Lin is the person she claims to be and is the beautiful young woman I see on her profile picture, please come around more often and maybe I could get to know you a little, you could get to know me a little... I know we live far away from each other but it could work.:cool:

thegunner100

06 Mar 2013, 13:42

TheQsanity wrote:Little late but just read the whole thread.

Some thoughts:
MMB is a bad liar or Lin is a really good one.
Either way whether MMB seems to have a hard time expressing himself without going on the offensive.
Why whould all the caps be pulled off for any reason especially if they are planed to be shipped back when only a couple keys have been pulled off.

Lying or telling the truth, MMB seems to need more practice in whichever one he has been aiming for.

Lin seems to have a better way with people. It would be hard to think she was lying. Lying is an art and involves truth telling. The more truths you tell the more lies you can get away with.

Most important of all! If Lin is the person she claims to be and is the beautiful young woman I see on her profile picture, please come around more often and maybe I could get to know you a little, you could get to know me a little... I know we live far away from each other but it could work.:cool:
It's too late, MMB scared her off already :(

dirge

07 Mar 2013, 13:10

Regardless of what he's done or your opinion of the lad, posting personal info on the web isn't acceptable.

Charlie_Brown_MX

07 Mar 2013, 13:22

All that was posted was his name, which I don’t really see as that bad. Had it been his address, phone number, place of work, &c., then I would see it as a pretty egregious violation of privacy.

ne0phyte
Toast.

07 Mar 2013, 13:52

koralatov wrote:All that was posted was his name, which I don’t really see as that bad. Had it been his address, phone number, place of work, &c., then I would see it as a pretty egregious violation of privacy.
There have threads on /b/ where people managed to find FB profiles/email addresses or even full addresses with very little information.
Sometimes a gps tag in the exif data of a picture led to it, sometimes an email of someone related to that person or even just a name, hobby and country.
You can find an awful lot about many people with just their name and an approximate location.

Nobody has the right to publish personal info of someone else (-> doxing).
Last edited by ne0phyte on 07 Mar 2013, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Mar 2013, 13:54

ne0phyte wrote:[…] Nobody has the right to publish personal info of someone else […]
That's as simple as that.

tinnie

07 Mar 2013, 14:10

TheQsanity wrote:Little late but just read the whole thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

asdf

07 Mar 2013, 18:50

His rash behavior caused my dropbox to be closed. Who files fake DMCA without emailing/PMing the person first? More importantly, those files weren't even hosted by me. He should have gone after Lin for posting those files ("personal" images still on her imageshack/photobucket account). I would post his entire background if I had access...

mintberryminuscrunch

09 Mar 2013, 10:49

Someone tell me that is just a elaborate troll
http://www.techkeys.us/bro-bots.php

RC-1140

09 Mar 2013, 10:57

according to geekcap it isn't.

dirge

09 Mar 2013, 11:14

Infringing copywrite those caps?

I mean if you took the original toy and hacked it up that would be fine. But reproducing them for profit is a little naughty.

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2013, 11:34

Much more expensive than clickclacks. Even wingnut cap is cheaper.

guilleguillaume

09 Mar 2013, 11:39

If that is the case would be funny to see the company pursuing legal litigation against him personally for infringing copyright after all the things he said.

By the way I'm with Webwit, too expensive. Also I don't see the point in using keycaps with sharp edges like those ones.

Acanthophis

09 Mar 2013, 12:19

The only point of those keycaps are profit for MMB and TechKeys.
I don't see these keycaps fulfilling any other purpose.

Batmann

09 Mar 2013, 18:04

24 keys 850$
that's a lot of profit for simple plastic molding

ne0phyte
Toast.

09 Mar 2013, 18:07

Batmann wrote:24 keys 850$
that's a lot of profit for simple plastic molding
Well, some have two colors and and they had to take pictures of every key and put them on the site.
That's a lot of effort for scam.

guilleguillaume

09 Mar 2013, 21:29

I don't understand why those users from GH are feeding that monster he is.

dirge

09 Mar 2013, 21:58

Because any bad press is deleted. So if you check up, all you find is worship. Have to say his over confident attack seems to work.

I can't even put a clack on my keyboards never mind a hoebot.

dirge

09 Mar 2013, 22:00

So the site I visit next the top of the new topics....
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41053.0;topicseen
post your brobots. Well people like them, I guess some happiness is spread.

mintberryminuscrunch

09 Mar 2013, 22:06

dirge wrote:... I guess some happiness is spread.
healthy way of looking at things, I like it :)

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2013, 22:11

dirge

09 Mar 2013, 22:16

DMCA on using Jim Henson material! ooooo I've opened the pit of lawyers! Fly my pretties!

webwit
Wild Duck

09 Mar 2013, 23:08

You're taking youtube down?

mintberryminuscrunch

10 Mar 2013, 11:03

you have collected all brocaps/clickclacks

Halverson

10 Mar 2013, 11:39

dirge wrote:So the site I visit next the top of the new topics....
Hush hush! Don't need to soil my rep around these parts! :p

Never hurts to own something you don't care for, but other people do ;)

guilleguillaume

11 Mar 2013, 21:01

:lol:

fossala
Elite +1

11 Mar 2013, 21:10

Halverson wrote:
dirge wrote:So the site I visit next the top of the new topics....
Hush hush! Don't need to soil my rep around these parts! :p

Never hurts to own something you don't care for, but other people do ;)
Yes it does, you are depriving them of owning it when it's rare.

Return to “Off-topic”