Mini Taobao GB [closed]

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 02:14

maxmalkav wrote:Some one can explain me how this ad works?
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14788327955&
I've seen that Dirge ordered 1 unit and it seems they have several available.
If we are talking about DS, an ISO set is more than desirable for me, but I'd like to know the price of each thing (looks like alphas and windowed keys are not sold together)
Google Translate spits out:
Uniaxial five yuan a whole plate 80 yuan
Primary key area keycaps (ie in addition to the topmost row of lighted) 128 yuan
Top row keycaps single set of 130 yuan 10 yuan
All the entire board 288
There's 9 in stock. I might swap something off my list for one of these, in some configuration, now you've pointed it out!

EDIT: Nevermind. As Halvar noticed: wrong seller.
Last edited by Muirium on 29 May 2013, 02:40, edited 1 time in total.

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 May 2013, 02:26

Muirium wrote: Google Translate spits out:
Even checking Google Translator (my Chinese is not that good :P), I didn't understand the splitting of the board:

Uniaxial five yuan a whole plate 80 yuan -> not sure what it means, plate with switches?
Primary key area keycaps (ie in addition to the topmost row of lighted) 128 yuan -> alphas?
Top row keycaps single set of 130 yuan 10 yuan -> row of windowed kecaps?
All the entire board 288

Halvar

29 May 2013, 02:32

You (and Dirge) can't have that one anyway, because it's from another seller. I guess Dirge followed some link there.
tinlong117 wrote:
No.. sorry..
Last edited by Halvar on 29 May 2013, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 02:35

I call dibs on the jolly nice industrial Model M:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=201 ... id=&pm_id=

Might as well make the shipping worthwhile! I'm thinking of slimming down to just this and some switches in case Tinlong can't get us any SSKs. He is looking into those thanks to all our nagging, by the way!

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 May 2013, 03:41

Halvar wrote:You (and Dirge) can't have that one anyway, because it's from another seller. I guess Dirge followed some link there.
tinlong117 wrote:
No.. sorry..
You sir, are totally right, I thought tinlong was stating that about the WYSE boards. My bad.

mbodrov

29 May 2013, 08:21

maxmalkav wrote:Even checking Google Translator (my Chinese is not that good :P), I didn't understand the splitting of the board:

Uniaxial five yuan a whole plate 80 yuan -> not sure what it means, plate with switches?
Primary key area keycaps (ie in addition to the topmost row of lighted) 128 yuan -> alphas?
All the entire board 288
Switches, 5 yuan for one, or the whole board for 80 (quite a deal, but he won't have to desolder)
Keycaps, excluding the top row, 128 yuan for them all
Keycaps, top row (windowed), 10 yuan each, or 130 for them all
Everything together, 288 yuan

Paranoid

29 May 2013, 08:48

Hey guys, so I talked to tinlong and it is cheaper for KennyR and me to just ship those few items straight to Belgium so we can share the costs between two, since we didn't order full (heavy) keyboards. We would still share the costs from getting it from the seller to tinlong :) Is that alright for you Matt3o?

tinnie

29 May 2013, 08:54

mbodrov wrote:
maxmalkav wrote:Even checking Google Translator (my Chinese is not that good :P), I didn't understand the splitting of the board:

All the entire board 288
Switches, 5 yuan for one, or the whole board for 80 (quite a deal, but he won't have to desolder)
This item is not and will not be available.

mbodrov

29 May 2013, 09:10

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 May 2013, 09:41

mbodrov wrote: Switches, 5 yuan for one, or the whole board for 80 (quite a deal, but he won't have to desolder)
Thanks for the clarification!

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 13:59

Nope. Wrong seller!

This GB isn't for all of Taobao. Only the seller stevexiao133. Just look at the right side panel on Taobao: his name's always there in Latin characters.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 May 2013, 16:36

Do you need more time to get info from tinlong or the vendor?

Can we close this today or do you want to extend for another couple of days?

tinnie

29 May 2013, 16:43

matt3o wrote:Do you need more time to get info from tinlong or the vendor?

Can we close this today or do you want to extend for another couple of days?
i suggest you extend it for one more week as im super busy this week. Shit loads of homework, project and exam soon.. :oops:

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 16:48

Fair enough. So long as no one else on Taobao swoops in and grabs our stuff!

mbodrov

29 May 2013, 17:21

Muirium wrote:So long as no one else on Taobao swoops in and grabs our stuff!
I don't think it's a big risk. I remember most, or possibly all the items in this GB already being there on taobao a year or two ago: this seller's prices aren't exactly low, which is understandable with a specialized seller who knows his stuff (comparable to didjamatic on Ebay.)

t!ng
Awake Sheep

29 May 2013, 18:27

Very interesting... but why stick only to one vendor?

I think I would take then:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=201 ... 5164586185
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?scm=100 ... 3642278402

from that seller.

And this from another:

Model F 288 yuan:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z ... 2648491729&

if possible!
Last edited by t!ng on 29 May 2013, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 18:38

We need to hire a shipping crate and cram it full of SSKs…

t!ng wrote:And this from another:

Model F 288 yuan:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z ... 2648491729&

if possible!
Hypothetically speaking, +1 for me! In theory…
Last edited by Muirium on 29 May 2013, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Halvar

29 May 2013, 19:04

mbodrov wrote:I remember most, or possibly all the items in this GB already being there on taobao a year or two ago.
... and the stock numbers have probably never been updated ... :|

EDIT: Oh, and if I didn't know there were at most two SSK's available, and Muirium and maxmalkav and a bunch of other people already had dibs on them, I'd also be willing to take one. I mean theoretically speaking.

I guess this GB will end with someone getting an unbelievably expensive keycap puller and all the other stuff being sold out. :D But never give up hope... :geek:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

29 May 2013, 20:38

Okay under tinlong request I'm extending this to June 5.

Of course extending the GB to other vendors would make everything more expensive and a bit more complicated to handle... but if tinlong is available...

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 20:40

Halvar wrote:EDIT: Oh, and if I didn't know there were at most two SSK's available, and Muirium and maxmalkav and a bunch of other people already had dibs on them, I'd also be willing to take one. I mean theoretically speaking.

I guess this GB will end with someone getting an unbelievably expensive keycap puller and all the other stuff being sold out. :D But never give up hope... :geek:
If Taobao is to be believed, this seller has 5 SSKs! 4 here and 1 here. That is a fairly big if, as Tinlong's pointed out since the beginning, but I do indeed have first dibs. You know, just in case.
matt3o wrote:Okay under tinlong request I'm extending this to June 5.

Of course extending the GB to other vendors would make everything more expensive and a bit more complicated to handle... but if tinlong is available...
I'd completely understand if Tinlong does not agree to expanding the group buy to more than one vendor. One vendor = one transaction = one shipment for him. Imagine the chaos we could cause if he had to collect every Model F we can find in China!

He's doing us a great favour already, and has my thanks. Really looking forward to my buckling springs!

Halvar

29 May 2013, 21:30

^^ This.

lcg

29 May 2013, 21:47

Does any one know for sure if there's any SSKs available? Is it true there's at most two available? As I said earlier in the thread, I'd buy one of them if there's enough.

That's the only thing I'm interested in. I was considering a silver label Model M, but I've decided against it.

Muirium
µ

29 May 2013, 21:56

lcg wrote:Does any one know for sure if there's any SSKs available? Is it true there's at most two available? As I said earlier in the thread, I'd buy one of them if there's enough.

That's the only thing I'm interested in. I was considering a silver label Model M, but I've decided against it.
The SSKs are presently a mystery. Tinlong is / will look into it. I pestered him to follow up with the seller, because I really want one too; but he's got exams this week so don't expect a quick answer.

All I know for sure is that Taobao has 2 listings of SSKs by this seller: but one of those listings is for 4 SSKs! So there could be anywhere between zero and five of them. Most likely zero, but we do not know.
Last edited by Muirium on 29 May 2013, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

lcg

29 May 2013, 22:05

Muirium wrote:The SSKs are presently a mystery. Tinlong is / will look into it. I pestered him to follow up with the seller, because I really want one too; but he's got exams this week so don't expect a quick answer.

All I know for sure is that Taobao has 2 listings of SSKs by this seller: but one of those listings is for 4 SSKs! So there could be anywhere between zero and five of them. Most likely zero, but we do not know.
That's what I thought. Thanks! :)

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 May 2013, 23:41

Folks, I agree about keeping one single vendor, otherwise it would be madness and Tinlong is already making more than enough for us.

About the possible SSKs, I really doubt about getting one, but just in case ... ;)

brighenne

31 May 2013, 08:52

I'm interested in these caps: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 0140270580

Can anyone translate what the auction text means.. the bit about selling separately?

dirge

31 May 2013, 09:10

Two vendors :) I really want those caps lol. Don't mind covering a bit extra bud.

Paranoid

31 May 2013, 11:05

I'd say it's up to tinlong. If it causes a lot of extra headache I wouldn't do it ^^ and I believe he already said that that board will not be available. If he changes his mind I call second dibs :p

Muirium
µ

31 May 2013, 14:34

brighenne wrote:I'm interested in these caps: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 0140270580

Can anyone translate what the auction text means.. the bit about selling separately?
Right seller. So that's a start. He's got 20 sets of this:

cherry 樱桃 带灯个性键帽
可以单卖,无刻的20元一个,单出最下面一排右边3个80元
I think that means 358 Yuan = €45 for the whole set, or 20¥ = €2.50 for each single key except the "carved" which could be printed or I suppose stepped ones. 80¥ = €10 for just the trio of Num, Scroll and Caps lock together.

Caution: I do not actually speak Chinese. Sounds about right though. And this is our one seller, so you can do it.

brighenne

01 Jun 2013, 18:20

Ok, I'm in for a full set then.

Return to “Group buys”