Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

grilkip

31 May 2013, 01:07

I have received my NOIR set and installed it. They look and feel good. :D

One thing I did notice when installing them is that the (Filco) stabilizer stems don't fit very snugly and tend to slide out. I might glue them into place or something.

No regrets, would buy again.

webwit
Wild Duck

31 May 2013, 01:19

JSchool wrote:7bit, in honor of your name, you should ship orders in which the sum of the numbers in the order number is 7. Like 2 + 3 + 2 = 7.
Just be very afraid if you're the 257th order or more. Buffer overflow.

Halvar

31 May 2013, 01:36

Buffer overflow is at 128 for 7bit, so 232 is out of luck. :evilgeek:

webwit
Wild Duck

31 May 2013, 01:59

Halvar wrote:Buffer overflow is at 128 for 7bit
Oops, I stand corrected. *spanks himself*

emptythecache

31 May 2013, 02:10

grilkip wrote:I have received my NOIR set and installed it. They look and feel good. :D

One thing I did notice when installing them is that the (Filco) stabilizer stems don't fit very snugly and tend to slide out. I might glue them into place or something.

don't glue. use a small piece of scotch tape. much less permanent.

fydo

31 May 2013, 02:47

emptythecache wrote: don't glue. use a small piece of scotch tape. much less permanent.
Yeah, it's a well-known problem with Signature Plastics keycaps. Personally, I find a small piece of stiff paper works quite well. Definitely don't glue! :O

mashby

31 May 2013, 03:03

Plumber's tape is also a good choice.

Acanthophis

31 May 2013, 04:07

I use toilet paper.

jabar

31 May 2013, 04:30

btw how are these being shipped? is there tracking info?

namutable

31 May 2013, 05:58

Where is #0236? Image

pederlol

31 May 2013, 09:22

7bit

31 May 2013, 10:32

grilkip wrote:I have received my NOIR set and installed it. They look and feel good. :D

The Filco stabilisers are wrong and you should use some little piece of a plastic bag to make them fit better.

7bit

31 May 2013, 10:41

Halvar wrote:Buffer overflow is at 128 for 7bit, so 232 is out of luck. :evilgeek:
I don't use 7bit int but 7bit char!
:mad:

So, as long nobody has an invoice number like 0x04ä9, there is no problem!
:-)
Acanthophis wrote:I use toilet paper.
We are talking about key cap stabilisers.

However, I understand that scotch tape or plumber's tape would be an efficient alternative method to clean the ...
:oops:

grilkip

31 May 2013, 16:21

Thanks for the tips!

cavilio

31 May 2013, 21:14

Hi !

I just received my 3 NOIR/BEPO kits, thank you for your work. They look great, but I have a BIG problem : NONE of them is complete ! They all lack the "W" keycap ! Instead of it I have 5 "E" keycaps. :shock:

What do I do now, with these 3 incomplete kits ? Could you please solve this major issue, 7bit, please ? :(

Thank you in advance

ChuckFinlay

31 May 2013, 22:13

Uh-oh.

7bit

31 May 2013, 22:24

cavilio wrote:Hi !

I just received my 3 NOIR/BEPO kits, thank you for your work. They look great, but I have a BIG problem : NONE of them is complete ! They all lack the "W" keycap ! Instead of it I have 5 "E" keycaps. :shock:

What do I do now, with these 3 incomplete kits ? Could you please solve this major issue, 7bit, please ? :(

Thank you in advance
If you only have 5x E then there is one missing, as there should be 3 with and 3 without nub.
W abd S where not part of the BEPO kit because these are add-on kits like (FR etc.) to the STANDARD or TEBKLESS, or TKL kits.

However, at an earlier stage of the group buy it was possible to order things like
NOIR/ALPHABEPO

Actually, there was one order for NOIR/ALPHANEO so you could have gotten what you wanted originally. Nevertheless, I will ship 2xS and 2xW so your fingers don't get hurt by the bare switch when you type these letters.

nebo

31 May 2013, 22:28

Hey 7bit, what method did you use to ship these to the US? I forgot to update my address so if it's not regular post (which should get forwarded), I'd have to run to my old place to check there.

cavilio

31 May 2013, 22:29

7bit wrote: If you only have 5x E then there is one missing, as there should be 3 with and 3 without nub.
W abd S where not part of the BEPO kit because these are add-on kits like (FR etc.) to the STANDARD or TEBKLESS, or TKL kits.

However, at an earlier stage of the group buy it was possible to order things like
NOIR/ALPHABEPO

Actually, there was one order for NOIR/ALPHANEO so you could have gotten what you wanted originally. Nevertheless, I will ship 2xS and 2xW so your fingers don't get hurt by the bare switch when you type these letters.

Ok, thank you for taking care of my fingers ! They are looking forward to receive these 4 caps. My spare keyboard will have to wait until I find a solution for the 2 others. :)

I will check later how many E I received.

edit : number of "E" is ok. Just have one strange "Ç" keycap, non-BEPO, with a "}" sign below it. But I can live with it. ;)

7bit

31 May 2013, 23:24

nebo wrote:Hey 7bit, what method did you use to ship these to the US? I forgot to update my address so if it's not regular post (which should get forwarded), I'd have to run to my old place to check there.
It is the regular post.

Here is the address I used:

Mr. Nebo
12345 Dummy lane
Signature Plastics City, WA 98765
USA

7bit

31 May 2013, 23:26

cavilio wrote: Ok, thank you for taking care of my fingers ! They are looking forward to receive these 4 caps. My spare keyboard will have to wait until I find a solution for the 2 others. :)

I will check later how many E I received.

edit : number of "E" is ok. Just have one strange "Ç" keycap, non-BEPO, with a "}" sign below it. But I can live with it. ;)
hint:
W is not needed for FR-kit users.

So, you only need to find S.

Maybe some NEO user has an S too many ...

ps: I don'e remember who wanted that Ç } cap, but it is part of the kit.

Thion

31 May 2013, 23:52

You seem to have skipped my order #0264, is that intentional or do i need to do something?

7bit

01 Jun 2013, 00:08

I wait for replecement keys.

BTW, the Ç { key belongs to the ES kit.

I've got to take a look into that.....

nebo

01 Jun 2013, 00:36

7bit wrote:
nebo wrote:Hey 7bit, what method did you use to ship these to the US? I forgot to update my address so if it's not regular post (which should get forwarded), I'd have to run to my old place to check there.
It is the regular post.

Here is the address I used:

Mr. Nebo
12345 Dummy lane
Signature Plastics City, WA 98765
USA
:(

I was busy. :oops:

cavilio

01 Jun 2013, 00:43

7bit wrote: hint:
W is not needed for FR-kit users.

So, you only need to find S.
Yes but I do not have a FR-kit...
Ok, I understand : you mean that I should contact a FR-kit + TKL-kit buyer and ask him if he would accept to give/sell me one of his W keycap, am I wrong ?
7bit wrote: Maybe some NEO user has an S too many ...
That would be great. But from what I see on the wiki the S is not included in the NEO kit, is it ?

Is there a way to find out who ordered NOIR/NEO and NOIR/FR + NOIR/TKL ?
7bit wrote: BTW, the Ç { key belongs to the ES kit.
I've got to take a look into that.....
Ok. I can send it back if you find my missing Ç somewhere ;)

By the way, for my information, why was the BEPO kit (and the other langage kits) finally not complete ? Was it done to cut the prices down ?

7bit

01 Jun 2013, 16:49

You put your hand into a plasticbag and then you clean your ...
:oops:

GMC

01 Jun 2013, 21:28

Order 722 updated with shipping address. Please send with next batch :smile:

GH1391401

03 Jun 2013, 06:02

How do I pay the dollar I owe?

tjcaustin

03 Jun 2013, 07:04

I take it 737 is one of the ones missing things?

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Jun 2013, 07:30

GH1391401 wrote:How do I pay the dollar I owe?
Donate to DT :D

Return to “Group buys”