Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

07 Jun 2013, 22:13

In the worst case scenario, I've got to order some more replacements ...

kvad

08 Jun 2013, 00:35

Wohoo, I got mine today! Didn't even know it was shipped : )

... and with perfectly aligned ISO SHIF T!

The sound is very different from the standard Filco ones, was CLACK-CLACK, now is more THOCK-THOCK. This with a standard Filco case - did anyone try them with an alu-case? It does scream for a non-black case, so possibly, here we go again : )

Coming back to that beautiful and perfectly aligned ISO SHIFT, did anyone else have any trouble with it getting stuck once you put the top-cover of the case on? Might have to open it up again and see if I can shift the whole board a bit to the side.

Thank you 7bit for all the hard work for such a great set!

grik

08 Jun 2013, 02:07

Very nice !!! wow lovely board

hsu

08 Jun 2013, 02:33

What's the board and layout? Looks like it could almost work for Portuguese!

kvad

08 Jun 2013, 03:10

Nothing exotic I'm afraid, just a regular Filco without the top cover : )
and Norwegian layout (apart from the <, key substituting for the <> key).

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 13:17

kvad wrote:Nothing exotic I'm afraid, just a regular Filco without the top cover : )
and Norwegian layout (apart from the <, key substituting for the <> key).
Looks much better without the front cover!

<> is on the way to me and soon on the way to you.

Typing on sphericals now:
Attachments
Round4_SPH_Tipro_201.jpg
Round4_SPH_Tipro_201.jpg (329.51 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Round4_SPH_Tipro_202.jpg
Round4_SPH_Tipro_202.jpg (291.78 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Round4_SPH_Tipro_203.jpg
Round4_SPH_Tipro_203.jpg (327.45 KiB) Viewed 6465 times

kvad

08 Jun 2013, 14:18

As if it was made for the Indy : )

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 14:24

Yeah, I really wondered myself about that.
:-)

t!ng
Awake Sheep

08 Jun 2013, 14:31

I ask here again about your Tipro: How did you manage to make SYMBOL and TOP out of capslock? The TOP key doesnt work on my tipro.

mashby

08 Jun 2013, 14:57

7bit, I am thrilled to report that my order arrived safe and sound.

Round 4 Order #0759 by Michael Ashby, on Flickr

Not a single key was missing, or duplicated, nor were any damaged even after I drooled all over them. :lol:

My Order Is Complete by Michael Ashby, on Flickr

Thank you for making this group buy possible and for all your hard work in seeing it through to the end. I've only been involved with it for about 6 months, so I can't begin to imagine all the time and energy put into it. Please know that I am grateful and very appreciative to have been able to participate. Thank you.

pix3l_fodder

08 Jun 2013, 15:14

Order #647 been shipped? :P

lal

08 Jun 2013, 15:33

7bit, did you rent a studio for those pictures? I can't believe this noble steampunk setup is your true work place. Somehow I always imagined it being one of the messiest desks of the world... Nice :) Do you really work on the Indy? Must require a lot of patience browsing the web, no?

lal

08 Jun 2013, 15:35

Oh, and the keyboard construction looks absolutely beautiful with the sphericals. Respect!

Minskleip

08 Jun 2013, 16:03

t!ng wrote:I ask here again about your Tipro: How did you manage to make SYMBOL and TOP out of capslock? The TOP key doesnt work on my tipro.
TOP and LINE (the same key but on the right side) doesn't work on the two keyboards I've tried :( One is USB and the other PS2.

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 16:44

t!ng wrote:I ask here again about your Tipro: How did you manage to make SYMBOL and TOP out of capslock? The TOP key doesnt work on my tipro.
It does not work on mine, too. Same for LINE. On the other hand, there is not yet any top printing on the key caps.

:-)

emptythecache

08 Jun 2013, 16:49

blighty wrote:
R3blkorgfuncmedia.jpg
What board is that? I thought I knew all the boards that size, and I don't recognize the modifier row from any of them.

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 16:56

lal wrote:7bit, did you rent a studio for those pictures? I can't believe this noble steampunk setup is your true work place. Somehow I always imagined it being one of the messiest desks of the world... Nice :) Do you really work on the Indy? Must require a lot of patience browsing the web, no?
The picture is awful. I've got to improve the lighting or take everything into the kitchen. In fact, I cleaned up, but it isn't usually much messier than it is in the picture. My office desk is a different story.
:o

BTW: I don't think I want to change back to DCS keys anymore.
:shock:

blighty

08 Jun 2013, 17:14

zulios wrote: @blighty : did you notice a difference between SA/SPH caps and DCS/OEM in force / use comfort ? I'm interested in getting other MX black users' feedback to see if they get the same first impression as I do.
The only differences I really notice is the SA spacebar isn't quite as snappy as other keycap profiles in returning (at least on a MX black with cherry plate-mounted stabs) and keys press easier. The spacebar (and the rest of the set) is a heavy beautiful beast. FUCK YEAH.
emptythecache wrote:
blighty wrote:
R3blkorgfuncmedia.jpg
What board is that? I thought I knew all the boards that size, and I don't recognize the modifier row from any of them.
It's a Keycool 84. It is a sturdy wee thing. It's somewhat easy to find replacement caps for it (caps from 1.25 mod board and caps from an 1800 to get the 1.75 right shift and the 3 1u keys). The legs even have rubber tips (like filco), unlike ducky, cherry, or leopold.

Random note: Filco keyboard legs (with the rubber bit) swap perfectly with non rubberized Ducky legs.

7bit

08 Jun 2013, 17:20

Don't have any issues with the space bar (4 units). It is way wider than I need it, but comes up as quickly as the other keys.

However, a 6.25 or 7 units space bar is heavier and the stabiliser wire ads to that weight. So maybe a grey spring would be a better choice.
lal wrote:... Do you really work on the Indy? Must require a lot of patience browsing the web, no?
LOL! Netscape 3.5 is so much quicker without all that JavaCrap and Mumpiz and what not.
:evilgeek:

Jmneuv

08 Jun 2013, 17:27

nice key array you got there 7bit;

Retro are waiting on replacements keys?
Looking forward to see some pics of those.

blighty

08 Jun 2013, 17:33

7bit wrote:Don't have any issues with the space bar (4 units). It is way wider than I need it, but comes up as quickly as the other keys.

However, a 6.25 or 7 units space bar is heavier and the stabilizer wire ads to that weight. So maybe a grey spring would be a better choice.
I figured as much. I have a couple of donor boards I could grab a grey off of, but it doesn't really affect my typing/gaming much (I'm gonna be a lazy bitch on modding until my phantom parts magically appear, then do it all in one fell swoop).

And yeah, SA is now my preferable cap profile. I feel for those people who have yet to experience the joys of typing on them. :D

zzspectrez

09 Jun 2013, 07:06

Is there a shipping list? I had invoice 0137. How do we know when it will be shipped?

Zehkul

09 Jun 2013, 07:19

7bit wrote:BEPO layout is so messy, nobody will ever recognise that.
Oh dear. What about Neo? :lol:

Also: This thread needs appropriate music.
If there ever was a time for this song, it is now.
Last edited by Zehkul on 09 Jun 2013, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

09 Jun 2013, 07:24

RETRO/STDRGBYSYM
NOIR/STANDARD
^^^ I wait for replacements

edit: What is in that black rectangle?
:?

nntnam

09 Jun 2013, 08:32

@7bit: do you have any SPH 7x spacebar left? Just realized that I didn't order any 7x spacebar for SPH sets :((. How stupid I was!

pederlol

09 Jun 2013, 10:17

For us that hasn't read every post lately; does "replacements" mean a whole new round of production from SP? Any ETA on that?

7bit

09 Jun 2013, 10:19

The package is on it's way to me.

I only have to take the items, throw them into the already packed packages with the rest of the orders and ship.

pederlol

09 Jun 2013, 10:25

Thanks for the quick reply- that sounds great!

pix3l_fodder

09 Jun 2013, 12:44

being a ROUND3 only order I would have assumed my order had been shipped, im guessing he stopped all shipping waiting for replacement keys for the other styles?

7bit

09 Jun 2013, 12:46

pix3l_fodder wrote:being a ROUND3 only order I would have assumed my order had been shipped, im guessing he stopped all shipping waiting for replacement keys for the other styles?
I also did not send those orders with DUMMY kits. I start shipping them next week.

I really needed a break.

Return to “Group buys”