[IC] ISO GON NS Aluminum Housings for the GH60

hellocodes

16 Aug 2013, 20:58

GON is kind enough to offer a run of custom new style ISO housings for the GH60. Please leave a reply or send me a PM if you are interested.

I'll also do my best to answer any questions or relay them to gon. I own this housing for the 38gt and kitty pad and they are high quality, the middle layer is polycarb.

Please click on the spoiler for more pictures:
Spoiler:

You can find more info about the housings here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47120.0

This run would be for the housing only. Please refer to GON's original thread for colors, shipping costs, and extra parts like screws or stabilizers.

Minimum Order Quantity & Price
This run will require a MOQ of 5 and will be $155 for each housing.

Layout
I really want the ISO HHKB layout, but of course I'm willing to comprise with everyone so were all happy.
I wouldn't mind a split backspace either. Let me know what you like.

Interested
1. me (hellocodes/codyeatworld)
2. gropingmantis
3. BimboBB
4. naokira - maybe?
5. Glod
6. phetto

Also, hello deskthority, this is my first post! :)
You can find me and this thread on geekhack here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47126.0
Last edited by hellocodes on 22 Aug 2013, 22:00, edited 2 times in total.

Jmneuv

16 Aug 2013, 23:11

It's a very nice case but it's also a very simple case. Also it's only a 60% case. And it's thin. I think some negotiations are in order.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Aug 2013, 07:14

hellocodes wrote:[…] $155 for each housing. […]
[…] and extra parts like screws […]
:lol:

tinnie

17 Aug 2013, 08:49

kbdfr wrote:
nice price, huh?

hellocodes

17 Aug 2013, 13:05

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the prices. This is what GON charges. I would agree that you pay a premium with him, but he's extremely helpful and kind.

photekq
Cherry Picker

17 Aug 2013, 14:11

The prices are reasonable, so I don't know why any of you are complaining. His cases are CNC machined not laser cut. CNC machining is not cheap at all, and neither is polishing/finishing and anodising.

Just because they LOOK simple doesn't mean that they are simple.

It would be very, very hard to get these made for under $155 unless you were to get a large quantity made

Please don't start having a go at someones pricing when you clearly have no idea about the costs of manufacturing yourself.
Last edited by photekq on 17 Aug 2013, 15:39, edited 2 times in total.

hellocodes

17 Aug 2013, 15:33

Thanks photekq.

Considering this is a special run, and we could all choose a different colors if we want. I think its a great deal and its gonna cost a lot more these 5 than any of his other designs, plus he's giving us the same price. He originally asked for an MOQ of 20 to keep this price.

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

17 Aug 2013, 16:48

Yeah its really nice to have a special (smaller) run of ISOs just because someone asked him.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Aug 2013, 17:37

kbdfr wrote:
My point was not about the price itself, of course I don't deny the case is worth a lot.
What amused me is just the fact that with a $155 item you still have to pay extra for screws.

hellocodes

17 Aug 2013, 17:56

The housing comes with screws of course, I'm sure he would give you extra ones for free too, but if you want them to be anodized with your case to match, it cost extra because the process is different for screws.

gropingmantis

18 Aug 2013, 10:25

I'm interested. Especially in the HHKB ISO design you showed above (non split backspace). That is the layout I will be using and I wanted one of these GON/2TU cases for it. As others have said, I looked at getting this type of case CNCed and for a single run the price is prohibitively expensive. Red for me please!

BimboBB

18 Aug 2013, 13:15

i'm interested as well. ISO HHKB layout (non split backspace).

hellocodes

18 Aug 2013, 17:30

gropingmantis wrote:I'm interested. Especially in the HHKB ISO design you showed above (non split backspace). That is the layout I will be using and I wanted one of these GON/2TU cases for it. As others have said, I looked at getting this type of case CNCed and for a single run the price is prohibitively expensive. Red for me please!
I put you down!
BimboBB wrote:i'm interested as well. ISO HHKB layout (non split backspace).
Just 2 more now! :D

hellocodes

22 Aug 2013, 22:01

Me have met the MOQ. I have updated the list

When is everyone okay with paying?

I think the best thing to do is for me to collect your emails for GON and have him invoice you.
Or you can give him your email, as long as he gets them all.

hellocodes

25 Sep 2013, 12:27

I followed up with everyone on GH to move this forward, currently 7 users interested.
I'd say this is open for couple more weeks.

hellcatzs

06 Nov 2014, 14:07

I am also intrested!!!!! even tho it cost about the same as my keyboard QQ (poker 2)

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

06 Nov 2014, 14:15

hellcatzs

06 Nov 2014, 21:37

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

07 Nov 2014, 06:22

That is true, but the GB was one year ago.... Now GON has new designs. An we are talking about premium custom made Korean boards...

hellcatzs

07 Nov 2014, 20:37

lol I didnt even realize

Jersern

08 Nov 2014, 02:22

^^ lol

Return to “Group buys”