GMK white on dark grey US/GB full set {Cancelled}

IvanIvanovich

20 Sep 2013, 22:02

White legends on dark grey Cherry doubleshots. New target MOQ is 250!
ORDER DEADLINE - 1 April 2014
Groupbuy failed to reach MOQ and has been cancelled.

BASE with US/GB Price: €88 / $120

Add-on pack Price: €37 / $51

Real life example of how it would look:

Buyer will be responsible for payment of goods, shipping costs, for all paypal fees, and an additional $3 groupbuy fee. USD pricing is based on the current exchange rate as of 8 January 2014, may be subject to change upon billing dependent on EUR/USD exchange rates. You will be billed and all orders collected via paypal in USD. All orders will be sent via USPS. Shipping fees will vary based on what is ordered and it's destination. I will not be liable for uninsured/nontrackable orders damaged or lost during shipping. International orders with insurance/tracking sent via EMS advised for any large orders.
By placing an order you agree to these terms.

Order count:
BASE with US/GB - 190
Gamer add-on - 81
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 02 Apr 2014, 20:45, edited 35 times in total.

7bit

20 Sep 2013, 22:17

In the MODIFIER pack there is row 2 '+' missing.
Also, a row 3 '&' would be great

The language kit should also contain:

Code: Select all

~
:   (row 1)

<       >
(  and  )  (row 1)

`
; (row 3)

Then, is there a 1.5 units Backspace key for row 2?

Function keys:

row 1: Cut, Paste
row 2: Mark, Undo
row 3: Select, Compose
row 4: Meta, Alt, Super, Hyper, Prior, Next, Delete, Shift Lock

1.5 units modifiers:
Super and Hyper

row 1 function keys:
Write Buffer
Revert
Stop

to be continued ...

IvanIvanovich

20 Sep 2013, 22:56

Yes, there is much that is not present. I am sure there is already going to be some disappointment with the high cost without adding even more keys that most people may not have much use for.
I do plan to see about much less common things when we run black/beige including key packs suitable for terminal/unix, matrix, ergo and more. I am trying to take 'baby steps'.

rindorbrot

20 Sep 2013, 22:59

Order sent, hopefully MOQ will be reached for all kits...

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Sep 2013, 23:02

Yeah, and where is the round corners and razor sharp row 4 profile?

Great to see this is finally in gb state, I just hope we will reach MOQ this time within the first deadline.

Placed order, thanks Ivan!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Sep 2013, 23:29

Btw, which language uses this key?
which language use this key.JPG
which language use this key.JPG (10.69 KiB) Viewed 15115 times
I remember it was wrongly used in R4 in the danish add-on kit, I don't know if it was just an error in the mock-up and correct in the actual set, but if it's meant as part of the danish keys here, I can say it's incorrect.

Findecanor

20 Sep 2013, 23:43

I would have been interested in a Swedish language kit, if it had been white text on black or Dolch medium grey. I suppose that only the modifiers are black and that the alphanumeric keys are dark grey, but that is kind of hard to see.
Is the dark grey the same hue as Skidata keys and Dolch modifiers? In that case, I would like to buy three of the keys from the bottom row, second-hand market later.
Broadmonkey wrote:Btw, which language uses this key?
which language use this key.JPG
It looks like kind of a Swedish dead-key for diacritic marks. Without any modifiers it would produce " with space but an umlaut with alphabetic keys. Keys the old Cherry font on real Swedish-layout Cherry keyboards have two round dots instead of a quote mark. Same position as ] in English layout or + in German.
EDIT: I see that the correct Swedish key is in the language pack, sorry.
EDIT 2: No, the two dots are higher up than the tilde symbol on my key.

Acanthophis

21 Sep 2013, 00:07

7bit

21 Sep 2013, 00:11

Traitor!
:mad:

First he must add all the keys I need and then you can give him your money!
:roll:

IvanIvanovich

21 Sep 2013, 00:29

I guess the ^"~ key goes to Danish layout? It appears on the Danish layout file on wikipedia. If it's wrong, what's it supposed to be?
Some of the mock ups (these were given to me from GMK) are not 100% due to using some other font but they will be as seen on the relevant language layout used by Cherry.

Yes the alphas are same color like Skidata/Scitex/Dolch mods and black modifiers/nav kits.
It will be exactly like this looking color wise, with legends differing in some cases

7bit

21 Sep 2013, 00:33

Would look better if all keys where in grey.

This grey and the usual black look like you got the alnum keys from another keyboard and put them on one with black keys.
:o

IvanIvanovich

21 Sep 2013, 00:38

Right, photo courtesy of inlikeflynn who took the alpha keys from his Scitex to make us a presentation photo.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

21 Sep 2013, 00:50

IvanIvanovich wrote:I guess the ^"~ key goes to Danish layout? It appears on the Danish layout file on wikipedia. If it's wrong, what's it supposed to be?
Yeah... Wikipedia is dead wrong on that one, I don't know who created that file, but he must think that the only thing danish is pastry. The key should be the same as on SE and NO (although I don't know if Findecanor thinks it's different on SE)

This is how a danish key set should look like (missing € sign on 5)
Danish key set.jpg
Danish key set.jpg (347.57 KiB) Viewed 15001 times

IvanIvanovich

21 Sep 2013, 01:09

OK. Thanks for letting me know, looks like we can -1 a key. It's hard to find picture of Cherry doubleshot in some of those language, so I had to rely on other source, which is apparently not correct.

Jmneuv

21 Sep 2013, 01:40

Nicely presented, thank you.

J0hn

21 Sep 2013, 06:13

I agree with 7bit. I think the contrast is too low.

Maybe I will still buy an alpha set

BimboBB

21 Sep 2013, 13:42

damn...thats getting expensive. :D

the good thing over the black mods is, you can use them not only for combination with these grey alphas, but also for all the G80/G81-black on white vintage sets.

@ivan

pls check the third legend on this key. the curly bracket should point the other direction, if i am not mistaken.

7bit

21 Sep 2013, 13:50

All-grey plus my few extras and I will get 3 sets.
:ugeek:

Otherwise, I will boycott this group buy!
:mad:

guilleguillaume

21 Sep 2013, 13:57

¿400 for each set? It seems impossible...

Ostrich

21 Sep 2013, 13:57

It will cost me 163€ to have a full German set? I really want PBT doubleshots, but paying more money for keycaps than I have payed for my keyboard seems insane...

tlt

21 Sep 2013, 13:59

Higher contrast between the sets would make them look better together but I like them individually and will definitely order stuff.

IvanIvanovich

21 Sep 2013, 14:23

Ooops, good catch BimboBB. I imagine that would look quite wrong having 2 } characters on the Spanish layout. Will make sure that gets fixed before production.

400 may be hard, especially at the current prices. But many people said 300 of white on purple was impossible but it happened.

CeeSA

21 Sep 2013, 16:31

The sets does not fit for me. Alpha base set with numpad keys? R1 with numbers only?
No simple ANSI pack? If I would like to get it for a tenkeyless, I have to order 4 packs? Thats way to expensive (out of worth) for me.
Why does the Nav pack contains the F-Row F1-F12? It's in the base pack...

7bit

21 Sep 2013, 16:43

It is always the same problem.

Offer TKL, people want NoPoo supported.

Offer NoPoo people want tenkey added.

Offer tenkey, people want 122 key terminal keyboards supported

Add support for 122 key terminal keyboards, people want POS keyboards supported ...

It is always the same, not mentioning color and font style etc ...
:roll:

CeeSA

21 Sep 2013, 16:48

That's not what I am talking about.

Beside that, I always would like to order for keyboards not for packs. People know their keyboard brand and model number, not which pack to choose. But this is a different story.

IvanIvanovich

21 Sep 2013, 18:09

I grouped things to make it modular for mix and match, and tried to reduce to buy more things you don't need while making combined together some things won't ever reach the MOQ.
It's a big problem to please everyone. I really tried, but always there is nothing but complaining.
People want 2tone split function row not all one color (or vice versa), so there is both.
People want to accommodate all sorts of keyboard models with various modifier sizes and so on so it was done.
People want all sorts of different languages accommodated, so I tried include the most demanded ones.
Now all the sets are big and people don't like how much it costs.

How can I win?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Sep 2013, 18:23

since this is from GMK, would it be possible to set up a proxy in EU for EU orders?

BimboBB

21 Sep 2013, 18:34

Its better when everything goes to Ivan/US because he doesnt have to pay VAT. ;)

Dubsgalore

21 Sep 2013, 18:34

If i get in on this, it will be an alpha set i think

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Sep 2013, 18:37

BimboBB wrote:Its better when everything goes to Ivan/US because he doesnt have to pay VAT. ;)
you'll pay VAT when it comes to you from US (so little changes here). Anyway the payment comes from US, so there wouldn't be VAT anyway. The EU proxy would simply be an additional shipping address of already paid (from US) goods.

Return to “Group buys”