Secret Santa 2013 Photo Thread

tinnie

10 Dec 2013, 12:01

This thread is for people to post pics of the secret santa gifts they receive.
Dont take pictures of the gifts before you send them either xD

7bit

10 Dec 2013, 14:12

Nice secret santa gift you got!
:evilgeek:

Who sent it?
:lol:

multiplash

10 Dec 2013, 18:48

Should I post if I already got my package or should I wait a bit? :shock:

Kurk

10 Dec 2013, 21:41

I got my gift today but I wait until Christmas before opening it. Thrilling!

multiplash

10 Dec 2013, 22:03

Exactly, that's why I'm asking. I got it today, too, ~2000 km in 4 days is pretty fast (even with a weekend inbetween)!

kint

10 Dec 2013, 22:57

The Secret santa 2012 Thread had ~7k hits with only 27 people participating. These kind of threads are usually pic heavy for people who haven't been able to participate out of various reasons - eye candy if you like. And for participants to drool over other peoples gifts, talk, puzzle secret santas, and raise the thrill for the own gift.
I hope noone will log into Deskthority to post pics of what some dt santa send him on christmas eve. :shock:
So please: take it as some kind of advent calendar where ideally each day a user shows off what some other user send.
18 participants ~ 14 days to christmas should ressolve nicely. :) But of course it's your decision.

multiplash

10 Dec 2013, 23:37

I agree with you and I like the idea of making an advent calendar, but I don't know if it's possible to "open a door" each day. There may be days where no one can post because some packages would be still on their way, but we could try it?
Either way, I will open my package tomorrow and post the contents :o

Daniel Beardsmore

11 Dec 2013, 01:45

7bit wrote:Nice secret santa gift you got!

Who sent it?
It's a decoy while someone more suitably nerdy is delivered where needed (like, England). At least those nails have more leverage for pulling open Alps switches — I ended up with blood under both thumbnails from a day of opening Alps switches on Sunday and my thumbs are still sore. I should stick to using my letter opener, re-carved with a knife after I snapped it trying to get a switch open … (Alps switches are really easy to open in your hand, or that was my perception, but my thumbnails disagree with me on that count.)

multiplash

11 Dec 2013, 14:26

Alright, here's door number one:
as I wrote already, my present arrived yesterday, but I managed to not open it until now.
What I got is: a Skidata (orange on charcoal) set, one Portal set, and a small bar of "Melkesjokolade".
I am very happy with this gift, so thank you very, very much, mister "Ø." 8-)
But because I recently sold my Ducky, and my Qpad is currently not in use, collecting dust on my shelf, I don't have a matching keyboard for this set right now.
But as soon as I finish my GH60, I will be able to use it. I like the Skidata set very much, although it's heavily used. It's still pretty. And it's even German Layout! (I have to say that I don't even use normal German Layout, but I won't get matching keycaps for my Layout (Neo) either, so this set is still useful when someone else has to type with my keyboard)

And I will find a place for the Portal set, too, and if it doesn't fit on my GH60 or my Qpad, I will have to organize another keyboard :evilgeek: But I wanted to do that anyway, soon.
And I have not much to say about the chocolate, except that it was delicious, but now it has suddenly disappeared :shock:

Thanks again, Santa!

And finally, the pictures:

tinnie

11 Dec 2013, 14:37

Santa rocks!

tinnie

11 Dec 2013, 14:38

7bit wrote:Nice secret santa gift you got!

Who sent it?
It must be bearDsmore!

Daniel Beardsmore

11 Dec 2013, 19:44

tinnie wrote:It must be bearDsmore!
I would have to hate you an awful lot to send you someone with make-up and soulless eyes. It's like the Mitsumi and Key Tronic Model M clones that turn out to be a rubber domes/sleeves inside, and once you are properly attuned you can even see by looking at them that they're pretend.

Actually it's more like when people who say "is [depicted $5 late '90s rubber dome keyboard] mechanical?" — no matter how nice it might look to ordinary folk (including the person who designed it), it's still a façade, and you just don't get what you think you're getting.

Pretence and deception.

Muirium
µ

11 Dec 2013, 19:47

Merry Christmas, to one and all, Merry Christmas!

(Never look into Santa's eyes. All you'll ever see is despair, and gin. Well, unless he and the missus…)

Daniel Beardsmore

11 Dec 2013, 19:55

humbug ;-)

7bit

11 Dec 2013, 20:17

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:It's a decoy while someone more suitably nerdy is delivered where needed (like, England). At least those nails have more leverage for pulling open Alps switches — I ended up with blood under both thumbnails from a day of opening Alps switches on Sunday and my thumbs are still sore. I should stick to using my letter opener, re-carved with a knife after I snapped it trying to get a switch open … (Alps switches are really easy to open in your hand, or that was my perception, but my thumbnails disagree with me on that count.)
You should have asked Ripster how to open these. Too sad his wiki had been r00twormed and himself went crazy so he is no longer with us ...
:cry:

Aleksander

11 Dec 2013, 20:44

Stop going down the slippery slope and post more pictures! :)

7bit

11 Dec 2013, 20:54

Yeah right! What kind of switches does she have?
:oops:

Aleksander

11 Dec 2013, 21:17

You would not be able to find the G-key anyway :P

7bit

11 Dec 2013, 23:25

It does not exist in modern women, but until the early 1970s they used to make them with G-point sensor switches!
:ugeek:

Aleksander

14 Dec 2013, 12:09

No more gifts?

Daniel Beardsmore

14 Dec 2013, 17:17

Why, is it Christmas already? Thank goodness we got that out of the way. Onwards to the spring!

tinnie

16 Dec 2013, 11:41

Thanks Santa! :D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Dec 2013, 18:13

I wish photographing were as easy as typing…

Anyway, I'm quite sure I didn't order this, so it can only have come from my Secret Santa:
Secret Santa 2013.jpg
Secret Santa 2013.jpg (381.16 KiB) Viewed 5942 times
I had to do some research to identify it as a Unicomp industrial Model M case :lol:
Obviously manufactured 1995 - and brand new.

Thanks, Secret Santa! :D

wheybags

23 Dec 2013, 17:08

Teensy + breakout board + mx red keychain.
<3

wheybags

23 Dec 2013, 17:10

wheybags wrote:Image
Teensy + breakout board + mx red keychain (at least, I think it's a keychain? :P).
<3

hoggy

25 Dec 2013, 11:36

Thanks Secret Santa!

JBert

26 Dec 2013, 12:55

wheybags wrote:Teensy + breakout board + mx red keychain.
<3
Who made the breakout board? Did Komar post it on GeekHack or did someone else make it?

wheybags

26 Dec 2013, 13:20

JBert wrote:
wheybags wrote:Teensy + breakout board + mx red keychain.
<3
Who made the breakout board? Did Komar post it on GeekHack or did someone else make it?
No idea, sorry

Ascaii
The Beard

28 Dec 2013, 15:20

Xmas is over, post pics!

7bit

28 Dec 2013, 15:25

kbdfr wrote:I wish photographing were as easy as typing…

Anyway, I'm quite sure I didn't order this, so it can only have come from my Secret Santa:
Secret Santa 2013.jpg
I had to do some research to identify it as a Unicomp industrial Model M case :lol:
Obviously manufactured 1995 - and brand new.

Thanks, Secret Santa! :D
LOL!

Now, I can give you back one of the Model M keyboards you gave me some time ago, so you can build an industrial Model M from it.
:mrgreen:
Ascaii wrote:Xmas is over, post pics!
What do you mean "post pics"?
Christmas 2013 is over,* so everybody, who didn't get anything yet, will have to wait until Christmas 2014.
:o

--------------------------
*) If you are Orthodox Christian, there is still hope.
;-)

Return to “Gallery”