Secret Santa 2013 Photo Thread

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Dec 2013, 15:37

Didn't get mine before xmas. :cry: Either stuck in customs or shipped way past the deadline.
Maybe when I return from my Secret Holiday.

Aleksander

28 Dec 2013, 17:13

I think I got a slow santa, still have not seen anything in my mailbox.. :/

HzFaq

28 Dec 2013, 18:14

Same, nothing here yet :(.

Kurk

30 Dec 2013, 17:33

My Secret Santa was well on time so here is a - long overdue - picture. A beautiful set of dye-subbed Cherry MX-compatible caps from a Gabriele typewriter. Nice :geek:
On top of that there were three special caps thrown in, one of them skillfully hand-crafted!

Thank you, Santa!
Attachments
SecretSantaGabrieleCapsDE.jpg
SecretSantaGabrieleCapsDE.jpg (270.23 KiB) Viewed 4271 times

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2013, 17:52

That hand crafted cap is a classic!

If I were you, I'd be figuring out a smart layout for a custom MX board to take those Cherry dyseubs. They don't make fish bone legends like that any more…

Findecanor

30 Dec 2013, 22:03

Kurk wrote:My Secret Santa was well on time so here is a - long overdue - picture.
Whoa. :shock: Nice dze-sübs!

scottc

30 Dec 2013, 23:00

Kurk wrote:My Secret Santa was well on time so here is a - long overdue - picture. A beautiful set of dye-subbed Cherry MX-compatible caps from a Gabriele typewriter. Nice :geek:
On top of that there were three special caps thrown in, one of them skillfully hand-crafted!

Thank you, Santa!
That ® cap is very nice!

7bit

30 Dec 2013, 23:03

Please post a close-up of the hand-crafted cap!
:-)

scottc

31 Dec 2013, 00:13

Please do, it's difficult to see what it is!

Dubsgalore

31 Dec 2013, 02:51

Thanks Santa! Love these caps!

From a Triumph Adler Gabriele 7007 L, with Dutch Layout.

8-) :D
Attachments
dtta2.jpg
dtta2.jpg (865.46 KiB) Viewed 4188 times

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jan 2014, 20:54

Secret Santa had delivered this during my absence over the holidays!

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2014, 21:22

ErgoDucks.

7bit

01 Jan 2014, 21:36

This is for people who have 2 left hands!
:o

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jan 2014, 21:51

That's just a misprint. I turned it around, and it's for people with 2 right hands.

7bit

01 Jan 2014, 21:56

If you can't use it, just put it on a wall!
:?

Kurk

03 Jan 2014, 15:06

7bit wrote:Please post a close-up of the hand-crafted cap!
Here we go:
Attachments
This is a relegendable DSA keycap. All craftsmanship is of the highest qualitiy. The base is shot in brown ABS, the top is molded from transparent polycarbonate. Embedded in between is a masterfully decorated piece of paper by Secret Santa.<br />On the item is an image of a Christmas tree in brown and green. The tree is decorated with red and orange balls. It is menacing with a yellow, star-formed spike. The item is inscribed with the words &quot;prettig kerstfeest&quot; in brown ink.<br />The artwork relates to the celebrating of Christmas in the Netherlands in late December of 2013.
This is a relegendable DSA keycap. All craftsmanship is of the highest qualitiy. The base is shot in brown ABS, the top is molded from transparent polycarbonate. Embedded in between is a masterfully decorated piece of paper by Secret Santa.
On the item is an image of a Christmas tree in brown and green. The tree is decorated with red and orange balls. It is menacing with a yellow, star-formed spike. The item is inscribed with the words "prettig kerstfeest" in brown ink.
The artwork relates to the celebrating of Christmas in the Netherlands in late December of 2013.
secretsantadetail_kl.jpg (209.09 KiB) Viewed 4099 times

kint

03 Jan 2014, 18:39

wohoo thanks Santa. :D
santa13.jpg
santa13.jpg (409.21 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
Likely arrived just in time, only received it yesterday because I was away for the holiday. How on earth did you know I was keen to know how metal keycaps feel but always to cheap to buy some? perfect gift, thanks a lot... :)

Now this Santa however is sad his gift hasn't arrived presumably yet though... :cry:

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jan 2014, 01:21

Very pleased with my gifts :D
Thanks Santa! The PS/2 converter is really cute.

7bit

04 Jan 2014, 14:19

Kurk wrote:
7bit wrote:Please post a close-up of the hand-crafted cap!
Here we go:
The candles are missing!
:o

No candles, no Christmas tree!
:mad:

Muirium
µ

04 Jan 2014, 14:25

That's a fine (and superbly clean!) little haul you've got there, 002. The converter is a little more elegant than mine:
And multi coloured Cyrillic legends are right up there with Greek on my "don't really have a need for but really want anyway" list.

Kint's been damned with metal caps, though. I'd twitch until I had a whole set!

mtl

05 Jan 2014, 02:24

Santa came through with a very nice set of Cherry double-shots, a cherry.co.uk shopping bag, and two blend-a-dents! :lol: The latter I don't have much use for (yet?), but the key caps will go great on my ANSI Phantom with 1.5x modifiers. 8-) Thanks, Santa!
secret-santa-2013.jpeg
secret-santa-2013.jpeg (102.88 KiB) Viewed 3923 times

wheybags

05 Jan 2014, 11:40

I thought they'd sent you two condoms for a second there :P

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Jan 2014, 15:49

Use the blend-a-dent to clean the caps. It makes them minty fresh.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=6856.0

Compgeke

06 Jan 2014, 18:32

Purple modifier keys, as well as a proper ISO enter and some AltGR keys (of which I'm sure few people here would know what it does).

I'll take a better picture later, I have to go do some other stuffs right now and I don't have time to wait for my flash batteries to charge.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

06 Jan 2014, 20:49

Compgeke wrote:Purple modifier keys, as well as a proper ISO enter and some AltGR keys (of which I'm sure few people here would know what it does).
That would have been true on GH, but I doubt it here on DT.

Compgeke

06 Jan 2014, 21:06

Oh, I meant in real life people, not on the site. I'm around people who don't know a Model M from an Apple A1048 all the time.

nathanscribe

06 Jan 2014, 21:11

Lovely purple, and I approve of the old IBM binder/slipcase in the background :)

kint

06 Jan 2014, 21:33

true, very nice colour. :)
Muirium wrote:...Kint's been damned with metal caps, though. I'd twitch until I had a whole set!
If regular thin PBT's clacking sound is chop sticks on a rice bowl these Aluminum caps feel like a baseball bat. Not in a bad way, I just wouldn't want a whole set. Also there is some slight sideways motion possible since the cross in the caps stem is milled out of the circular surrounding. Maybe modable with a plier though. I can imagine metal caps are great for spacebars though.
Tesoro, the company that made those, and of which I had never heard before however just recently released a RGB illuminated Mechanical keyboard:
http://www.tesorotec.com/lobera-and-lob ... -led..html

7bit

11 Jan 2014, 14:56

No secret santa package for me ...
:cry:

scottc

11 Jan 2014, 15:39

7bit wrote:No secret santa package for me ...
:cry:
Maybe you will get a secret Chinese New Year present instead... :roll:

Return to “Gallery”