Random keyboards, lovingly photographed

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2014, 00:35

Monkay wrote:I am just getting started here on Deskthority, so I wanted to share some nice photos I took of my Ducky.

Not bad. The lighting's good, and the colours. By which I mean monochrome!

mr_a500

15 Jan 2014, 00:52

Nice. That top one might make a good Deskthority header.

The keycaps almost look aluminium.

Monkay

15 Jan 2014, 13:12

Muirium wrote: Not bad. The lighting's good, and the colours. By which I mean monochrome!
I am not sure what you mean with "monochrome".

@mr_a500: Yeah I like the upper photo, too. You can really see how the textured PBT keycaps feel like.

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2014, 13:14

I mean I like the shades of grey. It's a film noir kind of look, with the keyboard and the background sharing the same monochromatic style.

Monkay

15 Jan 2014, 13:28

Oh okay, I see what you mean. You are right. And then there is the second picture with extreme contrast.

dustinhxc

26 Jan 2014, 11:18

8-)

:mrgreen:

KennyR

26 Jan 2014, 11:27

dustinhxc: amazing, I'm jealous.

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2014, 11:36

Все спокойные дети думают, что они Толстой. Что посеешь то и пожнешь.

dustinhxc

26 Jan 2014, 11:41

Muirium wrote:Все спокойные дети думают, что они Толстой. Что посеешь то и пожнешь.
Sorry, I don't know the language, I just admire it!
KennyR wrote:dustinhxc: amazing, I'm jealous.
Thank You!

Muirium
µ

26 Jan 2014, 11:45

dustinhxc wrote:
Muirium wrote:Все спокойные дети думают, что они Толстой. Что посеешь то и пожнешь.
Sorry, I don't know the language, I just admire it!
Neither do I. But I have a laconic friend who does. Great looking caps, by the way. Secondary alphabets are always awesome.

dustinhxc

26 Jan 2014, 20:05

Oh very cool! :) thank you!

mr_a500

27 Jan 2014, 14:35

Adding my "lovingly photographed" Kaypro II:

Acanthophis

27 Jan 2014, 18:08

I don't know if it's lovely photographed, but it's photographed nonetheless :D

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2014, 18:19

Better lighting than the Kaypro!

I'm still learning Cherry stabs. Are those plate mount?

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Jan 2014, 18:23

Muirium wrote:Better lighting than the Kaypro!

They are Costar (plate mount) stabilisers :D

Again, not a keyboard, and I know not many people here on DT like novelty caps, but I took some photos of my new Brobot V2. https://www.flickr.com/photos/115722906@N08/

mr_a500

27 Jan 2014, 18:30

What's wrong with the Kaypro lighting?

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2014, 18:33

See how the middle of the (white?) top shell is much brighter than the edges. That's a sure sign your light source is too close to the keyboard. And so is your camera. Note the keyboard's distorted shape. Barrel distortion happens when you're too close and using a lens that's too wide.
photekq wrote:

They are Costar (plate mount) stabilisers :D
Then I'm definitely still learning. Thanks!

The slots around the space bar's switch threw me off. I have plate mount Costar stabs on my custom 60% but without slots for the wires, thought that was a Cherry thing.

mr_a500

27 Jan 2014, 18:37

Muirium wrote:See how the middle of the (white?) top shell is much brighter than the edges. That's a sure sign your light source is too close to the keyboard. And so is your camera. Note the keyboard's distorted shape. Barrel distortion happens when you're too close and using a lens that's too wide.
I know I was too close (I already mentioned in other thread), but I did the lighting like that deliberately to get a nice gradient. Probably the light was too close, but that's as long as the light cord was. I really do need to get a tripod, some lenses and a half-decent lighting setup.

Muirium
µ

27 Jan 2014, 18:47

With good lighting, everything else gets so much easier. The tripod is the first thing to go for, though, because bang per buck it's easily your strongest piece of equipment. Longer exposures are your sneaky little friend.

Your lens isn't to blame for the barrel distortion, by the way. That's just geometry. Getting close and wide spells getting all out of whack. Good for Blair Witch but not too much else.

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Jan 2014, 18:56

Muirium wrote:The slots around the space bar's switch threw me off.
Ah, understandable. That plate actually supports both Cherry plate mount and Costar, hence the slots for the wires. So you were partly right about it having Cherry stabilisers :lol:

snoopy

31 Jan 2014, 15:25

Hmmmm... German Iso Dolch :)

Muirium
µ

31 Jan 2014, 15:41

Mmm. Seeing as I type easily enough on blanks already, maybe someday I will get a keyboard where every legend is a µ…

snoopy

01 Feb 2014, 15:28

Not lovingly photographed, but item itself is lovingly. lol :lol:

G81-3430HKNDE
Attachments
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG (636.52 KiB) Viewed 7867 times

mr_a500

01 Feb 2014, 17:12

I must admit, I've never seen a keyboard with a unicorn on it before. I've never even considered that a unicorn would be a good thing to add to a keyboard. It just never occurred to me.

(...imagining 1960's IBM engineers designing a keyboard when one of them looks concerned and says, "You know, we should actually add a unicorn to the top right of the keyboard. It would be much more efficient.")

kint

01 Feb 2014, 17:17

snoopy wrote:Not lovingly photographed, but item itself is lovingly. lol :lol: ...
Is this your board?
The term unicorn vomit becomes a whole new meaning. :lol:

snoopy

01 Feb 2014, 18:04

kint wrote:
snoopy wrote:Not lovingly photographed, but item itself is lovingly. lol :lol: ...
Is this your board?
Yes, but I bought it only for the keycaps. :lol:

mr_a500

01 Feb 2014, 18:10

Oh come on, admit it. You bought it for the unicorn.

Daniel

01 Feb 2014, 18:27

snoopy wrote:
kint wrote:
Is this your board?
Yes, but I bought it only for the keycaps. :lol:
I watched that auction! Please take a picture for the G81 wiki :D

snoopy

01 Feb 2014, 20:11

mr_a500 wrote:Oh come on, admit it. You bought it for the unicorn.
ok, you got me... :roll: It perfectly matches my unicorn-carpet and my unicorn-bedding.

Daniel wrote: I watched that auction! Please take a picture for the G81 wiki :D
Will try, but my photoskills are not the best. :mrgreen:

Dubsgalore

10 Feb 2014, 04:42

Just a PCB, not very lovely photographed, but I really like this 'soft keys' shot on my Nixdorf PCB. Might submit it as a DT banner :)

Return to “Gallery”