New Cooler Master / CM Storm mice coming soon?

Icarium

11 Feb 2014, 17:45

Findecanor wrote: BTW. I wish that I could get a good new mouse with a middle mouse button that is not activated by pressing the scroll wheel (and scrolling by mistake each time you want to click).
It actually depends on the mouse how hard that is. On some mice you can simply click without scrolling by accident because the tactility of the wheel is so good.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Feb 2014, 17:45

the arrows are for DPI change I guess

wetto

11 Feb 2014, 18:36

CM Bram wrote:Sorry to dissapoint you Wetto but as you can see from the picture below it is not a Trackball. Time to reveal the names (you might have seen these names pop up before at CES or some other places)

And here I thought it was something I hadn't tested already :?

The CM Storm Alcor is looking lovely, the tracking is awesome, all of its build is looking good (although some people who don't know the old MS 3.0 will get scared at the teflon feet) and it's looking really good.

Now, I can't say the same for the Mizar. The side-grips are awesome, but the LOD is way too high and the software is a bloody mess compared to the old CM Storm Recon... :cry:
Findecanor wrote:What are the up and down arrows for?

BTW. I wish that I could get a good new mouse with a middle mouse button that is not activated by pressing the scroll wheel (and scrolling by mistake each time you want to click).
DPI change buttons.

Actually, if you want a mouse where the middle button isn't actually "activated" by the scroll wheel (and that is because it's way too stiff to press), get a Logitech G9x. It has the worst middle button I've ever seen on a mouse.

Findecanor

11 Feb 2014, 18:59

wetto wrote:Actually, if you want a mouse where the middle button isn't actually "activated" by the scroll wheel (and that is because it's way too stiff to press), get a Logitech G9x.
You misunderstand me. I want the middle button. I could care less about the scroll wheel. I don't want to scroll by mistake when I am about to click, and I don't want the middle button to be stiffer than other mouse buttons.

The middle button has many great uses, but it is completely unusable on many mice. That is why I want it to be a separate button, not under the scroll wheel.
For instance, in many artistic programs holding the middle button and dragging pans the scene. In web browsers, it opens a page in a new tab or window. When I try to middle-click a link with a scrollwheel I often scroll the page first by mistake, so that the link moves up or down and I miss the click, and that is very aggravating.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

13 Feb 2014, 11:36

And an other design sketch as we are now getting real close to launch :) :)

Elrick

14 Feb 2014, 10:46

CM Bram wrote:And an other design sketch as we are now getting real close to launch :) :)

PLEASE make sure you use quality plastic for the housing and a decent scroll wheel that works perfectly.

A lot of your competitors have designed similar looking mice but failed on using any quality materials. Don't end up making another product that ends up in land fills throughout the world.

irnuclear

14 Feb 2014, 13:17

any hint as to how soon? :) anddddddddddd i gotta say i was a little sad to see alcor was going to have the 3090 instead of the 3310 :( any chance you can tell us if CM has any plans for a mouse with the 3310?

wetto

14 Feb 2014, 23:16

irnuclear wrote:any hint as to how soon? :) anddddddddddd i gotta say i was a little sad to see alcor was going to have the 3090 instead of the 3310 :( any chance you can tell us if CM has any plans for a mouse with the 3310?
CM already has a Spawn with AVAGO ADNS-3310, but they're still tweaking it.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

17 Feb 2014, 08:52

irnuclear wrote:any hint as to how soon? :) anddddddddddd i gotta say i was a little sad to see alcor was going to have the 3090 instead of the 3310 :( any chance you can tell us if CM has any plans for a mouse with the 3310?
I cannot comment on this as you understand but only thing I can say is that we are aware of this sensor ;) ;)
VERY soon is my hint :D! Haha

CM already has a Spawn with AVAGO ADNS-3310, but they're still tweaking it.
Yes if you check out our website (cmstorm.com) you will find new versions of the firmware released just weeks ago. There are 2 versions to download with 2 different versions of LOD and other thingies.. :)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

18 Feb 2014, 10:23

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Feb 2014, 10:32

do you have any plan on releasing a wireless mouse? (with a decent batter life)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

18 Feb 2014, 10:56

matt3o wrote:do you have any plan on releasing a wireless mouse? (with a decent batter life)
Not at this stage or something I can comment on :)

These both 2 mice are the newest editions to our mouse lineup!

Muirium
µ

18 Feb 2014, 11:31

Go straight to inductive charging when you do go Bluetooth. Lighter mouse, eternal battery life, and a nice wee home for the mouse to sit on overnight.

cookie

18 Feb 2014, 12:31

@Bram:

Are you interested in a serious mouse?
  • Use any kind of sensor (Laser/Optical/Alien Technology) but please do not build in any kind of acceleration, movement prediction or other "Improvements"
  • Omron Switches all the way!
  • Optical Mousewheel Encoder, please screw those TCM Crap Razer is using, even the Alps are bad! They weare off to fast and the feedback changes over time. The Mousewheel on my MX518 is performing like on the first day. The wheel on my DeathAdder 2013 fees different after 4 Month of use.
  • I can see Intelly Explorer 3 genes in there, THIS IS GUUUUUD! Keep that!
  • Use quality buttons for your thumb buttons! See logitecht g9 for a negative example... They used cheap and flimsy buttons for that. Not good! :(
  • Screw vertical scroll on the mousewheel... This is the worst invention of all time!!! Look all this Logitech CRAP! Their mousewheels feel flimsy and they naturally have a ton of wobble... this is not good. Please don't do that! Serious gamers and mouse users don't want that!

CeeSA

18 Feb 2014, 14:25

imo there is no actual Laser Sensor without built-in accerlation.
So it is not a to-do task for CM beside buying an optical sensor for there mice.

And every package of Sensor, Lense and Firmware have some kind of smoothing (anti Jitter) independent from the kind of Sensor.

cookie

18 Feb 2014, 14:32

Ahh okay, you are right. What I actually mean is that you should have the option to disable those "features"
I don't like to have any kind of correction when it comes down to gaming.

I am currently using the DeathAdder 2013 and I have the option to disable the mouse acceleration. This is something the mouse must have if the sensor comes with it.

CeeSA

18 Feb 2014, 14:45

just one note, what I mean with "built-in". Built-in means, that it is not possible to disable this via software.
It's an attribute of the Avago 9500/9800.

Important is the wish to have an accerlation free sensor. And is there any Laser sensor in the future without it, I would gladly test it.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Feb 2014, 14:53

cookie wrote: Screw vertical scroll on the mousewheel... This is the worst invention of all time!!! Look all this Logitech CRAP! Their mousewheels feel flimsy and they naturally have a ton of wobble... this is not good. Please don't do that! Serious gamers and mouse users don't want that!
if you do not vertical scroll with the mousewheel... what is it for?

Muirium
µ

18 Feb 2014, 14:55

He means the other one. Tilt scroll is horrible. Better off with a trackball for anything 2D like that.

cookie

18 Feb 2014, 15:17

matt3o wrote:
cookie wrote: Screw vertical scroll on the mousewheel... This is the worst invention of all time!!! Look all this Logitech CRAP! Their mousewheels feel flimsy and they naturally have a ton of wobble... this is not good. Please don't do that! Serious gamers and mouse users don't want that!
if you do not vertical scroll with the mousewheel... what is it for?
I mean horizontal scroll, sorry! I always screw this up, don't know why :(

@Mu yes you got me, it is terrible. Worst mouse I ever bought is the Logitech g9... Only thing I enjoy is the free scroll and I use it at work.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Feb 2014, 15:25

oh okay :)

yes I agree tilt scroll is totally useless. also I can only work with free scroll wheels.

cookie

18 Feb 2014, 15:30

This is why I aim for a Trackball at work :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Feb 2014, 15:32

cookie wrote:This is why I aim for a Trackball at work :)
I really can't find a decent wireless trackball...

CeeSA

18 Feb 2014, 15:34

for trackballs you had to leave the homerow. Trackpoints are the alternative.

cookie

18 Feb 2014, 17:03

@matt3o: I don't mind have a cable connected trackball. I like the Kensingtons :)
@CeeSA: Never liked Trackpoints, I think this is hard to get used to :(

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

19 Feb 2014, 14:03

cookie wrote:@Bram:

Are you interested in a serious mouse?
  • Use any kind of sensor (Laser/Optical/Alien Technology) but please do not build in any kind of acceleration, movement prediction or other "Improvements"
  • Omron Switches all the way!
  • Optical Mousewheel Encoder, please screw those TCM Crap Razer is using, even the Alps are bad! They weare off to fast and the feedback changes over time. The Mousewheel on my MX518 is performing like on the first day. The wheel on my DeathAdder 2013 fees different after 4 Month of use.
  • I can see Intelly Explorer 3 genes in there, THIS IS GUUUUUD! Keep that!
  • Use quality buttons for your thumb buttons! See logitecht g9 for a negative example... They used cheap and flimsy buttons for that. Not good! :(
  • Screw vertical scroll on the mousewheel... This is the worst invention of all time!!! Look all this Logitech CRAP! Their mousewheels feel flimsy and they naturally have a ton of wobble... this is not good. Please don't do that! Serious gamers and mouse users don't want that!

Hey cookie!
Thanks for the valuable feedback!
I totally agree on the acceleration part. This is not good for gaming as well.. And thanks for the Intelly feedback, that was what we are aiming for :)! To have a new (gaming) version with that old, recognizable and loved shape :)! Yeah omron! :mrgreen: But do you really think a ALPs wheel is that bad? (like we use on these Mizar and Alcor)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

20 Feb 2014, 10:06

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Feb 2014, 10:22

yeah more LEDs!

what's the purpose of the LED on a mouse? battery status? DPI indicator?

Muirium
µ

20 Feb 2014, 10:47

So you can find it in the dark? Bling!

Icarium

20 Feb 2014, 10:54

Presumably you can customize them and make them show things like DPI or which button configuration profile is loaded.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”