New Cooler Master / CM Storm mice coming soon?

noobie94

20 Feb 2014, 11:01

So which one should I preorder? 8)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

20 Feb 2014, 11:48

matt3o wrote:yeah more LEDs!

what's the purpose of the LED on a mouse? battery status? DPI indicator?
DPI and profile indicater Matteo :)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

20 Feb 2014, 11:51

noobie94 wrote:So which one should I preorder? 8)
Which one you prefer? Optical or Laser? You need software for macro's or not?

noobie94

20 Feb 2014, 13:20

CM Bram wrote:

I dont need any software for macros..but I am not sure about laser or optical. I can´t really tell what are the differences.

CeeSA

20 Feb 2014, 14:52

Alcor with the optical Sensor (imo A3090 is much better than A9800) costs 10€ less.
Very easy choice.

cookie

20 Feb 2014, 15:05

CM Bram wrote: Hey cookie!
Thanks for the valuable feedback!
I totally agree on the acceleration part. This is not good for gaming as well.. And thanks for the Intelly feedback, that was what we are aiming for :)! To have a new (gaming) version with that old, recognizable and loved shape :)! Yeah omron! :mrgreen: But do you really think a ALPs wheel is that bad? (like we use on these Mizar and Alcor)
You are welcome!
Well, rotary wheel encoder like the Alps is not bad ingeneral. But they tend to wear out over time.
And this can cause strange scrolling behaviour. There are tons of negative Feedback on old Razer Deathadder, all caused by cheapo microswitches and encoder. Search for defective mouses on ebay, you will find significantly more Deathadders/Senseis etc. with broken mousewheels than logitechs.

CeeSA

20 Feb 2014, 15:19

cookie wrote:Search for defective mouses on ebay, you will find significantly more Deathadders/Senseis etc. with broken mousewheels than logitechs.
no, I did the search. But anyway this numbers are not valid.
You have to take into account much more factors.

cookie

20 Feb 2014, 18:00

As far as I can tell you, especially with DeathAdders, almost everyone I personaly know had problems in the past.
Doubleclick problems, Mousewheel jumping or total failure... I reserched a little bit and found out that Razer cut cost and used parts from TTC (not TCM, my fault). Sensor is verry nice tho, so I got myself a defective DA and repaired it.

They replaced the mousebuttons with those TTC stuff and the encoder.
After a lot of negative feedback on their products they replaced the TTC encode with an ALPS and the cheapo microswitches with Omrons but hey kept the cheap TTC microswitches for the thumb buttons.

I have soldered a brand new ALPS encoder in my DA and will track how long it will last.
What I can tell you is that rotary encoder like the alps is not bad per se, but if you plan to use the mouse longer than its next generation I'd highly recommend a mouse with solid build quality, omrons, good optical sensor and optical encoder.

CeeSA

20 Feb 2014, 22:27

cookie wrote:As far as I can tell you, especially with DeathAdders, almost everyone I personaly know had problems in the past.
this sounds very different from the 1st quote ;)

Mice are low quality products. And I think Omrons are low quality switches.
Most of people that I know having double clicks or non working switches are using Omrons.
But they are also just most prevalent.

To compare it with the keyboard world:
The mice that available know are at rubberdome level. Maybe one day we could buy some good mecha level. ;)

Parak

20 Feb 2014, 23:17

CeeSA wrote:
cookie wrote:As far as I can tell you, especially with DeathAdders, almost everyone I personaly know had problems in the past.
this sounds very different from the 1st quote ;)

Mice are low quality products. And I think Omrons are low quality switches.
Most of people that I know having double clicks or non working switches are using Omrons.
But they are also just most prevalent.

To compare it with the keyboard world:
The mice that available know are at rubberdome level. Maybe one day we could buy some good mecha level. ;)
So how about we make our own mice, with some of these? :D

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

21 Feb 2014, 16:54

noobie94 wrote:
CM Bram wrote:

I dont need any software for macros..but I am not sure about laser or optical. I can´t really tell what are the differences.
OK, OK.. You can check the full spec details on the cmstore.eu product pages where you can pre order them.
The Alcor uses the A3090 optical with a DPI to 4000 and the Mizar uses the A9800 with a DPI up to 8200 which you can manually set with the software.

Here are the links for you:
http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/mice-pad ... ing-mouse/
http://www.cmstore.eu/cm-storm/mice-pad ... ing-mouse/

noobie94

22 Feb 2014, 18:22

Does the Lift of distance has anything to do with optical or laser?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

27 Feb 2014, 09:29

noobie94 wrote:Does the Lift of distance has anything to do with optical or laser?
Yes it can, but it can be so different from one sensor to the other... One optical vs an other optical does not simply mean the LOD is the same...

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

05 Mar 2014, 08:59

Both mice are now officially on the market for a about a week.. Any thoughts to share on both models?

Mizar
Link to official product page: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/mizar/
Body Coating Material - Soft Touch Paint
Sensor - Avago 9800 laser Sensor
DPI - Up to 8200
Probrammable Buttons - 7
Onboard Memory - 128KB
Polling Rate - 1000 Hz/1ms
Maximum Tracking Speed - 150ips/30g
Dimensions (W x H x D) - 60.4 x 40.2 x 124.8 mm / 2.38 x 1.58 x 4.91 inches
Weight (with USB Cable) - 121 g / 0.27 lbs
Weight (without USB Cable) - 100g/0.22lbs

Alcor
Link to official product page: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/alcor/
Body Coating Material - Soft Touch Paint
Sensor - Avago 3090
DPI - 4000
Onboard Memory - 128KB
Polling Rate - 1000Hz/1ms
Maximum Tracking Speed - 60ips/20g
Button Available - 7 Keys
Dimensions (W x H x D) - 60.4 x 40.2 x 124.8 mm / 2.38 x 1.58 x 4.91 inches
Weight (with USB Cable) - 120g/0.27lbs
Weight (without USB Cable) - 86g/0.19lbs

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

10 Mar 2014, 16:58

And also a nice video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQ5KIgNlTQ

davkol

10 Mar 2014, 17:13

What's the supposed pricing on Alcor? The official store sells it for €35 IIRC, but most prices (with only one exception) are around €55 here in the Czech Republic, including Alza, which is listed at CM Storm's website.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

12 Mar 2014, 09:02

davkol wrote:What's the supposed pricing on Alcor? The official store sells it for €35 IIRC, but most prices (with only one exception) are around €55 here in the Czech Republic, including Alza, which is listed at CM Storm's website.
MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) is 35 euro but price in market can vary a little above and below this. I think that 55 will come down in a bit when more stock is available...

Our own CM Store does also ship EU wide...

cookie

12 Mar 2014, 11:15

Findecanor wrote:What are the up and down arrows for?

BTW. I wish that I could get a good new mouse with a middle mouse button that is not activated by pressing the scroll wheel (and scrolling by mistake each time you want to click).
I had the same Idea, I used the middle mousebutton a ton in Dota2, a dedicated mousebutton with a fixed wheel is a verry smart idea. But I think you have to modify it yourself :(

the1onewolf

27 May 2014, 01:29

When's the "refreshed" or plus version coming out?
You guys at CM are such teases.

fyx

27 May 2014, 13:52

To what degree are the mouse programmable? Is it just macro, or I can create custom scripts for it. If so, is there any syntax description available?

Also see http://deskthority.net/mice-other-input ... t7588.html

Return to “Mice & other input devices”