Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Candyflip

13 Apr 2014, 20:10

But... but... oh welll :(

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 20:11

The eBay approach! ;)

Hypersphere

13 Apr 2014, 20:18

Muirium wrote:I've seen a couple of XTs in good condition go for well over £50 in Britain, with no box or Teensy. There's a lot of variation.
Yes, I second that observation. In the US, recent eBay prices for XTs have been ranging from about 50 to 180 USD, many of them "as is" "for parts". Beware of "owner refurbished" -- this seems most often to consist only of some cleaning.

Candyflip

13 Apr 2014, 20:18

Quick! Lets offer everyone 1 euro more for the tkl board on your thread :evilgeek: :lol:

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 20:20

Candyflip wrote:Quick! Lets offer everyone 1 euro more for the tkl board on your thread :evilgeek: :lol:
Noooooooooooo! My plan is ruined! :P

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 20:23

rjrich wrote:
Muirium wrote:I've seen a couple of XTs in good condition go for well over £50 in Britain, with no box or Teensy. There's a lot of variation.
Yes, I second that observation. In the US, recent eBay prices for XTs have been ranging from about 50 to 180 USD, many of them "as is" "for parts". Beware of "owner refurbished" -- this seems most often to consist only of some cleaning.
"Seller Refurbished" is still enough to be able to send it back to them if it's completely broken, at least. I find that when dealing with IBM stuff on eBay, it's sometimes hard to find a midpoint between the cheap "I have no idea how to test this so give me $20" and expensive "IBM Clicky Vintage Wow So Rare $200" sellers.

davkol

13 Apr 2014, 21:38

davkol wrote:I have a Cherry G81-3000HAU made in mid '93. Shiny black-on-white winkeyless US ANSI doubleshots. Old stabilizers, hence stabilized keycaps are compatible with Cherry MX. White plate-mounted Cherry MY switches modded to 25 cN (i.e. removed springs). A chipped piece of the top half of the case.

I guess I could get something for the keycap set, although not much because of the shine, but is the rest of this keyboard worth anything?
Candyflip wrote:Sell me the shiny set :twisted:
scottc wrote:I offer 1 euro more than Candyflip for the shiny set. :evilgeek:
I'm more interested in price check on the whole board for now, but yeah, I take that into account.

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 21:40

Unfortunately, I don't think that many people here are interested in MY switches, so it's hard to tell. The keycaps will be worth something, at least.

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2014, 22:00

scottc wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think that many people here are interested in MY switches, so it's hard to tell. The keycaps will be worth something, at least.
They are modified MY switches at least, so the board itself might be just about usable.

I would say roughly €20-25, since the keycaps are shiny. Maybe a little less if they're reaally shiny.

If anyone is interested in the keycaps alone, then I will take the keyboard off your hands :D
Last edited by photekq on 13 Apr 2014, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

davkol

13 Apr 2014, 22:02

B-but they're modded!T_T I'm fully aware of that though. What are those caps worth anyway? Number row and F keys are in mint condition, the rest is shiny. Cleaned.

edit: oops! Thanks photek.

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 22:05

I didn't know that Cherry MY modding was a thing, so maybe they're half passable once modded! I've seen people describe G81 boards as "keycap carriers, there to only show off the nice caps". :P

I got a set of moderately shiny white-on-black Cherry caps for 8 euro recently. So I think that photekq is probably roughly right here.

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2014, 22:08

scottc wrote:I didn't know that Cherry MY modding was a thing, so maybe they're half passable once modded! I've seen people describe G81 boards as "keycap carriers, there to only show off the nice caps". :P

I got a set of moderately shiny white-on-black Cherry caps for 8 euro recently. So I think that photekq is probably roughly right here.
You can remove the springs from MY, making them much lighter. I have not tried it myself though..

BoW is generally more desired than WoB.

Also, pics of the keycaps would help davkol!

davkol

13 Apr 2014, 23:12

Pictures! However, take them with a grain of salt—I have truly ghetto lights. Home/PgUp/arrows definitely are shiny, the most common alphas too, F keys aren't (despite what F12 looks like in the last picture).
Spoiler:
For the record, the numpad isn't there, because I wanted to turn the keyboard into TKL, but I never got to that. I keep those switches unmodded separately for comparison. Numpad keycaps are in a sack too, they're shiny as well.

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 23:16

They don't look so bad. Moderately shiny but not terribly so. But your numpad is also missing!

davkol

13 Apr 2014, 23:24

It's in a sack stored separately and the condition is on par with the rest of the keyboard.

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2014, 23:26

It's a tough one.. I'd say the keyboard itself is practically worthless. That being said, I would like to get it myself, since I want the cable and LED sticker from it. I guess €5 would not be unreasonable for the keyboard itself.

The keycaps.. I would say €15 max for them going by those pictures.

Candyflip

13 Apr 2014, 23:31

Ok you have €16 from me then :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

13 Apr 2014, 23:31

And you have a €5 offer from me for the cable & LED sticker if you're willing to separate them :x

Candyflip

13 Apr 2014, 23:33

And if not I willo gladly ship it to you :)

scottc

13 Apr 2014, 23:35

I'd probably pay 15 or 20 euro max for the caps (or 17 - looking at you, Candyflip!) if I weren't short on funds right now.

davkol

14 Apr 2014, 00:04

I've started a new thread, so that we don't hijack this one anymore.

@photekq OK.

@Candyflip @scottc Just PM me your offer, if you're fine with a blind auction.I'm not a fan of one-penny shootouts.

foreign

21 Apr 2014, 17:40

Last edited by foreign on 27 Jun 2019, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

photekq
Cherry Picker

21 Apr 2014, 18:21

foreign, I would love to buy that Peacock keyboard from you if you decide to sell it. I don't know what it's worth though..

The two G80-3000s are not worth much. Lasered keycaps and bad condition.

Commodore keyboard.. Less than this due to condition, but it still may be worth a decent amount.

The rest.. I'm not sure.

foreign

21 Apr 2014, 18:29

Last edited by foreign on 27 Jun 2019, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

21 Apr 2014, 22:14

Those are really difficult to estimate.
A lot of them is in a really... ehh... used condition. The 3000s with lasered keycaps is maybe only something that can be sold for the switches, so 10-15 each.

The peacock I would estimate to around 20 just because it's a G80-1109, and would have to be sold more for the sake of the case than caps/switches and PCB. But I would really sell it to Photekq for 15 and see it be proper clean and dressed up.

The Kanrich I have no idea, nor the mitsumi or Apple.

The Commodore is a very nice board, but the condition is very questionable. Since the keyboard can't be used with a regular PC (without a converter), it would properly be sold more as a collectors item or parts, so the bad condition really pulls it down. €30-50 would be my initial guess, as it has vintage blacks and screwed in stabilizers, but it depends on how dirty the board really is.

Candyflip

21 Apr 2014, 23:35

That is exactly what I offered for the g80 and gave Photekq advantage on the Peacock. Anyway are the 3000s with vintage blacks? And if so do they have center stems on the modifiers?

tinnie

22 Apr 2014, 03:47

Winkey G80 - €15-20
PeaCock G80 - ~€30
Commodore - €35

shreebles
Finally 60%

22 Apr 2014, 14:09

What do you guys think my Zowie Celeritas is worth these days? QWERTZ Layout, it's less than a year old. I got it from Amazon Warehouse as a B-Stock, though it wasn't damaged. The WASD keys were slightly discolored and I think I would need to treat them with rubbing alcohol again before selling it...

aiannone

22 Apr 2014, 22:56

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I posted this over at Geekhack, but figured it wouldn't hurt to try here too. I have a brand new in the box SSK (Model M Space Saving Keyboard). Can I get some suggestions as to what its fair market value is? I purchased it brand new in 2002 and for a variety of reasons never ended up using it (my daily driver is a M13). I have opened the box to verify contents - the keyboard is spotless and even smells brand new, and the SDL cable is brand new in the bag. The numbers on the box end match the keyboard, of course. I've attached a bunch of pictures here - please let me know your thoughts. Also, is EBAY the best place to sell? I have a few other keyboards that I will be posting about later on as well.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
SSK SDL Cable.jpg
SSK SDL Cable.jpg (637.3 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Label.jpg
SSK Label.jpg (182.09 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Bottom.jpg
SSK Bottom.jpg (786.43 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Top 2.jpg
SSK Top 2.jpg (940.31 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Top 1.jpg
SSK Top 1.jpg (693.72 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Foam Packaging.jpg
SSK Foam Packaging.jpg (664.24 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Box 3.jpg
SSK Box 3.jpg (688.25 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Box 2.jpg
SSK Box 2.jpg (403.53 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
SSK Box 1.jpg
SSK Box 1.jpg (782.88 KiB) Viewed 4565 times

scottc

22 Apr 2014, 23:01

I don't know about the worth, but eBay is definitely the wrong place to sell it. Selling it on Deskthority (or GH if you're into that) would be much better for both you and buyers. People on here are pretty reasonable and will honestly tell you what they think it's worth.

Return to “Marketplace Help”