Unicomp mini group buy

7bit

01 Jul 2011, 21:39

I will order some stuff from Unicomp.
:D
If somone needs something from them, just post your requests or pm me.
:oops:
Shipping will be to Berlin, Germany.
:?
Edit: Shipping now worldwide.
:P
I will order on Friday, 15th July, 2011, at 22:00:00.00 GMT (this is midnight is central Europe).
:o
Because I will not order stuff which is not been paid for, you are required to pay in advance (except for the shipping costs)!
:shock:
OK, no more orders (except if it is nothing too fancy)!
:sad:
Attachments
unicomp_prices.pdf
(18.31 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
badges_and_LED_covers_001.jpg
badges_and_LED_covers_001.jpg (162.22 KiB) Viewed 11569 times
Last edited by 7bit on 21 Jul 2011, 20:00, edited 5 times in total.

Brink

01 Jul 2011, 23:03

Hi,

I recently made an account on Geekhack, and was recommended deskthority as I live in Norway.

This group buy seems interesting, I really do want a quality buckling spring.

Do you have an estimation of what the shipping would be from Germany to Norway?

7bit

01 Jul 2011, 23:09

Brink wrote:Hi,

I recently made an account on Geekhack, and was recommended deskthority as I live in Norway.

This group buy seems interesting, I really do want a quality buckling spring.

Do you have an estimation of what the shipping would be from Germany to Norway?
prices up to 5 kg:
DE: 6.9 EUR
EU: 17 EUR
NO: 30 EUR

I think shipping directly will be cheaper, because there might be 2x customs fees and import tax, instead of only once!

Swede

02 Jul 2011, 00:11

I would like to order a new shell for my M, and maybe some new keycaps in swe layout as well. Do you know if they carry the screws for the shells as well?

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 00:22

Swede wrote:I would like to order a new shell for my M, and maybe some new keycaps in swe layout as well. Do you know if they carry the screws for the shells as well?
I will ask them.

laggy-gaga

02 Jul 2011, 04:02

can I order some brand new keycaps and industrial shell?

artee

02 Jul 2011, 09:13

I tried to order Unicomp Spacesaver and the shipping to Czech Republic was 95 $ for a 79 $ keyboard... What is the shipping to DE from them?

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 09:32

laggy-gaga wrote:can I order some brand new keycaps and industrial shell?
Just tell me what you want. For prices, we must wait.
artee wrote:I tried to order Unicomp Spacesaver and the shipping to Czech Republic was 95 $ for a 79 $ keyboard... What is the shipping to DE from them?
Don't know, but I'm sure it will be lower per order than $95 including shipping within EU (17 EUR) .
Do you know how they wanted to ship? USPS, UPS, or FedEX?
USPS wrote: Individual dimensions may not exceed 46 inches in length by 35 inches in width by 46 inches in height.
4lb: $94.85
10lb: $151.55
Package size would be 1.11m x 1.11m x 0.88m.

paat

02 Jul 2011, 11:40

Does this mo include to buy keyboards aswells or just keycaps? I think about to get a customizer or spacesaver for quite some time.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jul 2011, 12:02

They use UPS.

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 12:16

paat wrote:Does this mo include to buy keyboards aswells or just keycaps? I think about to get a customizer or spacesaver for quite some time.
It involves also keyboards.
webwit wrote:They use UPS.
Thanks! Do you know more about shipping costs?
I've tried to find out the shipping costs @ UPS' website but did not find the information quickly enough.

nathanscribe

02 Jul 2011, 13:09

An Industrial regular-sized (101-key) M case with appropriate label and LED mask would be good, but I'd need to be sure the shipping wouldn't be too much extra (UK).

These Industrial cases are NOS, right? I noticed the two IBM M keyboards I have are several mm shorter across the keygroups than the Unicomp Spacesaver. I don't know if this is a general Unicomp thing, or a Spacesaver thing, or what.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jul 2011, 13:21

It's NOS. It's a Spacesaver thing, Unicomp Model Ms have the same case as older Model Ms because they use the original equipment.

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 13:52

nathanscribe wrote:An Industrial regular-sized (101-key) M case with appropriate label and LED mask would be good, but I'd need to be sure the shipping wouldn't be too much extra (UK).
Depends on how much the shipping costs are. I'm quite sure that the costs per weight will be lower the heavier the package is! I will forward shipping costs according to price. If you get only a shell it will be $20 and the whole package would cost say $500, your part is 4%. Let the shipping costs be $150, you would have to pay (including VAT etc.):
(20+150*20/500)*1.2/1.4+17 == 39.29 EUR insured, or
(20+150*20/500)*1.2/1.4+8.9 == 31.18 EUR uninsured

artee

02 Jul 2011, 13:56

this is very tempting... I already have 2 mech keyboards, but would like to try the buckling springs...

nathanscribe

02 Jul 2011, 14:39

webwit wrote:It's NOS. It's a Spacesaver thing
Thanks - I've not seen an IBM Spacesaver so wasn't sure.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jul 2011, 15:26

Ah. I was referring to the Unicomp space saver.

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 16:56

artee wrote:this is very tempting... I already have 2 mech keyboards, but would like to try the buckling springs...
If you want to try get a standard (101 to 105 key) Model M used much cheaper! I would never buy a standard Model M at Unicomp, because the real ones are cheaper. I got one myself in a nearly unused condition.

Whats more of a problem is to get a 122 key Model M which works with a PC here in Europe. Same for the industrial gray shells.
Last edited by 7bit on 03 Jul 2011, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

02 Jul 2011, 17:05

webwit wrote:It's NOS. It's a Spacesaver thing, Unicomp Model Ms have the same case as older Model Ms because they use the original equipment.
Sort of...

The Customizer et al are based off the 42H1292 which had a different case to the older style Model Ms. All the Industrial keyboards are based on the older style.

The keyboard assembly would fit into an older style case, but the LED lights wouldnt line up, and the cabling would be weird.

7bit

02 Jul 2011, 17:08

daedalus wrote:
webwit wrote:It's NOS. It's a Spacesaver thing, Unicomp Model Ms have the same case as older Model Ms because they use the original equipment.
Sort of...

The Customizer et al are based off the 42H1292 which had a different case to the older style Model Ms. All the Industrial keyboards are based on the older style.

The keyboard assembly would fit into an older style case, but the LED lights wouldnt line up, and the cabling would be weird.
Until which date the industrial cases would fit perfectly?

nathanscribe

02 Jul 2011, 18:12

webwit wrote:Ah. I was referring to the Unicomp space saver.
Hmm, I've got something wrong here. First, I shouldn't have said "IBM Spacesaver", but "whatever IBM the Unicomp Spacesaver is based on" instead - my mistake. Second, I must be going mad - I could have sworn the spacing across the groups of keys was slightly different when my keyboards were next to each other on the desk, but I've measured them and they are now the same. Gremlins, optical illusion, alcohol... take your pick.

The Unicomp LEDs are placed differently though.
daedalus wrote:The Customizer et al are based off the 42H1292 which had a different case to the older style Model Ms. All the Industrial keyboards are based on the older style.
... so the industrial cases are as for the 1391401 etc.?

kaiserreich

03 Jul 2011, 17:31

From Jim Owens,

We have some of the 101 cases, which sell for $20, however, these may
not work with models made by Unicomp after 1996.

Ascaii
The Beard

03 Jul 2011, 18:29

I would be interested in one industrial case with stickers.

TacticalCoder

03 Jul 2011, 18:57

I'm interested in two full-sized Industrial cases (with stickers if stickers are possible).

How much is the group buy currently at? (approximately)

javifast

03 Jul 2011, 20:24

I'm interested in one industrial case with stickers too.

Jim66

03 Jul 2011, 20:42

I foresee more industrial model Ms appearing on ebay before long...

7bit

03 Jul 2011, 20:47

Jim66 wrote:I foresee more industrial model Ms appearing on ebay before long...
But ... No ... what do you think of us! :twisted:

PS: Just got one of 2 US-layout Ms.

TacticalCoder

03 Jul 2011, 21:42

For my part I've got 7 Model Ms and I don't plan on selling anyone of them: but I think they look better with the industrial case (I've got one real industrial, I'm already waiting for another industrial case that already made it to europe in the french group buy and now two more here) :D

7bit

03 Jul 2011, 21:51

TacticalCoder wrote:
For my part I've got 7 Model Ms and I don't plan on selling anyone of them: but I think they look better with the industrial case (I've got one real industrial, I'm already waiting for another industrial case that already made it to europe in the french group buy and now two more here) :D
Do you put the perl white key shells into water overnight and glue the labels on the industrial shells, once they dried?

Half-Saint

03 Jul 2011, 23:02

Is that even possible?

Return to “Group buys”