Poor little beamspring...

Parak

01 May 2014, 21:04

We can rebuild it. We have the technology. Stay tuned.

REVENGE

01 May 2014, 21:07

Split space bar?

Parak

01 May 2014, 21:19

REVENGE wrote:Split space bar?
:D

Muirium
µ

01 May 2014, 21:28

The bottom row on Beamsprings ain't like the others.

How rusty is this guy? Looking forward to seeing his revival!

wheybags

01 May 2014, 22:10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COMPUTE ... 7675.l2557 ?
Was gonna try get just that one if the seller hadn't found a buyer :P

Findecanor

01 May 2014, 22:21

Congrats on the score! That is some unusual layout ...

mr_a500

01 May 2014, 22:30

Hey, I saw that (in a Google search) and I was 1 hour too late to bid. I said, "Some lucky bastard got that lot for only $17!" On closer inspection though, I don't think I would have tried to get it. Those Wangs are pretty rusty. (...never thought I'd say a line like that...)

That brown keyboard looks interesting. What is it?

wheybags

01 May 2014, 22:42

I was interested in the blue one. I would have bid, but it was $150 shipping to me ;_;

nourathar

01 May 2014, 22:49

That is a great haul, wow ! Such amazing boards, that Olivetti looks great..
Apart from the beamspring that brown keyboard looks the most interesting; that stem of the missing key looks like it could be hall effect ?

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

01 May 2014, 23:56

Wow, a lot of work but such promise. Great layout on that IBM!

I wonder what those caps are on the white Wang 2222E? They almost like they could be illuminated.

dorkvader

02 May 2014, 00:31

Findecanor wrote:Congrats on the score! That is some unusual layout ...
Data Entry!

The split spacebar is uncommon though. Dedalus has a similar data entry beamspring (in much better shape) but without the split spacebar.
nourathar wrote:That is a great haul, wow ! Such amazing boards, that Olivetti looks great..
Apart from the beamspring that brown keyboard looks the most interesting; that stem of the missing key looks like it could be hall effect ?
Yeah, almost certainly a normal microswitch hall effect. The (seemingly) more common non dual magnet type.
facetsesame wrote:Wow, a lot of work but such promise. Great layout on that IBM!

I wonder what those caps are on the white Wang 2222E? They almost like they could be illuminated.
I have one or two (in great shape) sitting next to me. They are just relegendable. There is a limp next to "tab" though. Makes it harder to take apart.

I never expected the vintage keytronic switches to be that decent though.

They also can have a "bent" spacebar like some of the newer microswitch hall effect keyboards.

Parak

02 May 2014, 00:44

Other boards will be a mystery for a bit still - you'll have to wait some for those :(

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

02 May 2014, 11:45

Ooh, this is very interesting! Nice find :D

This is a 3277 (not 3278) Data Entry keyboard. I believe I have seen the extra "0" button described as an option, but I can't remember where... Will dig up later.

webwit
Wild Duck

03 May 2014, 00:12

Great find & price. Remember though, "For parts only or precious metal recovery".

Return to “Gallery”