GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]

IvanIvanovich

22 May 2014, 20:36

Groupbuy for GMK Dolch doubleshots. Each option has a minimum order amount of 250 units. USD pricing subject to change based on current EUR exchange rate at invoice time. All orders will be invoice in USD and payable in USD. Buyer will be responsible for payment of goods, shipping costs, for all paypal fees, and an additional $4 groupbuy fee. All orders will be sent via USPS. Shipping fees will vary based on what is ordered and it's destination. I will not be liable for uninsured/nontrackable orders damaged or lost during shipping. International orders with insurance/tracking sent via EMS advised for any large orders.
By placing an order you agree to these terms.

ORDERS CLOSE 1 JULY.
Current status: CLOSED. Expected ETA early October.

ORDER FORM

Dolch BASE set: €80/$110
Dolch F'n'A pack: €35/$48
alternate row F and row A keys
Dolch COLOR pack: €17/$24
ODD mod+nav: €40/$55
additional non standard keys for FC660, Minila, Pure Pro, Tex, Choc mini, Keycool 84, Race, 1800, 5000 and more.

Ergo DOX blank mod pack: €20/$28
[mockup unavailable] - contains 26 piece modifiers kit [keys shown in grey here]
BLANK alpha 50 pack: €30/$41
[mockup unavailable] - contains 50 piece alpha kit
row E=12
row D=12
row C=12
row B=14

ORDER FORM

ORDER COUNT [1 Jul]:
BASE - 329
F'n'A - 49
COLOR - 388
ODD - 79
DOX MOD - 16
BLANK ALPHA - 8
SPACE - 329

MOQ shortfall pledges: $603
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 29 Mar 2015, 22:55, edited 19 times in total.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2014, 20:42

The colour pack looks dazzling! So many Dolch replicas forget all about the green.

Candyflip

22 May 2014, 20:49

What color code is that green?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

22 May 2014, 20:51

I really think this set is spot on, Ivan! Contains what it should. I have to agree with Mu, that Color pack is really fine looking!

Halvar

22 May 2014, 21:01

Halleluja! Thanks for doing this, Ivan, and best of luck to all of us for this to go through. With these prices, it must!

Also: thanks for the great ISO support.

ray4jc

22 May 2014, 21:26

Very nice.

7bit

22 May 2014, 21:27

Please make a rolling deadline, so I can order a kit when I've got enough money again.
:evilgeek:

Harrowed

22 May 2014, 21:49

Great, going to drown myself in dolch :D Just bought round 4 dolch set, TaiHao dolch incoming and now this! And I only started with mechs couple months ago.

rindorbrot

22 May 2014, 21:50

It looks like the COLOR Pack legends should be the same as the "code" key that was included with the Esc pack from your last buy Ivan?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

22 May 2014, 21:59

Whoaaaa

IvanIvanovich

22 May 2014, 22:02

Yes it is same as the Code key with cyan color.

padath

22 May 2014, 22:07

This looks really great Ivan. Thanks for the great ISO support and for including the (printed) extra UK legends.

Good luck with the buy, I am definitely in :)

Muirium
µ

22 May 2014, 22:33

Where are these shipping from: Germany or the US? I haven't been as tempted by a GMK set before…

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

22 May 2014, 22:59

From Germany to the US and then to each participant.

TacticalStache

22 May 2014, 23:04

I'm tempted but I'm also confused

Why are there ISO legends on the mods of an ANSI set?

DeskNDL82

22 May 2014, 23:08

i think he's trying to support ISO member. But it's quite good :)
TacticalStache wrote:I'm tempted but I'm also confused

Why are there ISO legends on the mods of an ANSI set?

ClaudiaJ

22 May 2014, 23:21

Is that a 3x spacebar in the odd mod for the Minila, or just a 3x concave that happens to fit the Minila?

duq

22 May 2014, 23:57

Another great Set Ivan, filling the form out soon!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

23 May 2014, 00:40

From Germany -> US -> Germany/Europe? :D Wouldn't a German proxy be smarter?

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 00:43

Same story for American buyers in 7bit's group buys: America -> Germany -> US. That's the nature of these GBs. Perhaps 7bit and Ivan could do a deal to trade suppliers!

IvanIvanovich

23 May 2014, 01:28

There are GB legends pad print on some keys to support at least one ISO variation properly while saving some considerable cost on the set. Modifiers have 'universal' legend for similar reason, for consistency and to save cost over include both.
Shipping will be from USA to worldwide. If they were shipped directly from EU I would be required to collect VAT. For the most part due to the way I declare them import fees should be minimal if any... it's cheaper for you. I could send all the sets to one person for reshipment... but it's certainly guaranteed to get hit by import fees on dozens of sets instead of an individual order.

Yes there is spacebar for Minila, but it will be same like a shift key not a spacebar profile. It's the best we can do with the molds that exist with GMK. If the edge proves too sharp you can always put it on upside down. But I have a similar on my JIS keyboard and I don't find it any trouble regular.

Findecanor

23 May 2014, 12:48

The Code key is only available for row A...

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 13:10

The base set is very, very good. The only thing I'm missing (as I'm into the colour kit too, of course) is a row 1 cap to split backspace for my HHKB style custom layouts. Escape frees up ~ to do half the job, but I still need \.

Row 1 and row 4 aren't symmetric are they? If I could spin row 4 caps 180º and match row 1, I've kinda sorta got \ covered! But an authentic row 1 single unit \| key would be best of all.

7bit

23 May 2014, 13:14

No, these are no spherical keys! Each row is separate.

Halvar

23 May 2014, 14:31

For ISO keyboards, we would need a light gray (alpha color) R4 blank 1u extra to put it next to the left shift key. The two that are included are both dark grey (mod color) -- could we make one of them light gray?

Findecanor

23 May 2014, 14:41

There is the light grey Row B \ | key, which is next to the Shift key in UK layout. But the Row C key next to the Return key is also a | \ key.
Why not go all in for UK ISO!?

And why are you using SP numbering for GMK!?

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 14:57

Halvar wrote:The two that are included are both dark grey (mod color) -- could we make one of them light gray?
Not a bug: a feature! ISO's asymmetry is ugly, so this is a rather artful hack to balance it back up!

How locked in are the current sets? Clearly the DT brain trust has some input to make…

Ryan_Alan

23 May 2014, 17:11

New to group buy keycaps.... How does one find out what size each key is pictured? Is it possible to get all the keys below in some fashion?

Row2: Backspace 1.5u, tab 1.5u
Row3 CapsL 1.75u, return 2.25u
Row4: shift 2.25u & 1.75u
Spacebar 6.25

Thanks for any advice and help!

IvanIvanovich

23 May 2014, 17:51

Yes Ryan all of those keys are available. All of those come in the base pack except the 1.5 row D delete/backspace key, it's in Color pack.
GMK put the row numbers on the mock ups.

Whoops... I thought I left the row e 1x1 \| key in ODD pack. If enough people feel they really need it I can get it back, but there is blank key. According to GMK CODE all caps version is only in A. For other row there is only version 'Code'.

Ryan_Alan

23 May 2014, 18:13

Thanks, Ivan. Good to know I won't be short!

I almost forgot about my row2: 1u (\|). I can probably live with a blank key though....

Return to “Group buys”