Triumph Adler Typewriters, Typewriters, Typewriters....

foxtrott

23 Jul 2014, 20:35

Hello,

Some beautyful Doubleshots, Dyesubs :o .. und Crap ! :mrgreen:

1. Triumph Adler CompacTA 600 DS

Thick Dyesubs.. fits on MX !!

the side diverter; or as they say in English?

2. Triumph Adler Gabriele 7007L

Thick Dyesubs.. fits on MX too !

3. Gabriele Cyclo :oops:

Crap.. unfortunately :roll:

4. Triumph Adler Gabiele 9009

I love it !! Old Doubleshots.. Fits perfekt on MX :shock:

****************************************************************************************************************************

i love this Caps.. on my Keyboards.. ;)

can complement these types in the Deskthority wiki?
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Triumph-Adler

who manages this list?

I have some more here I will probably also sell ...

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Jul 2014, 20:45

Very nice. Ive had a 600 and 7007 before, but the 9009 was new to me...nice finds! There are also QWERTY versions of these caps :)

Nuum

23 Jul 2014, 20:55

Indeed very nice! I have some dyesubs from a TA BSM 100 myself, some day I'll clean them and actually use them, too. Maybe on the FaceU!?
The color combination with the purple mods looks quite interesting, not sure if I like it, but it's interesting. We need some darkish blue mods for these!
If you have some of these doubleshots for sale, I'd love to take a set. Have always been watching these on Ebay, but I didn't want to sacrifice the typewriter behind them just for keycaps. The only one I bid on failed, because the seller threw it away accidentally.

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Jul 2014, 21:53

You mean like this color? :P+
g80_uknown_board_switch_caps.jpg
g80_uknown_board_switch_caps.jpg (239.91 KiB) Viewed 15139 times
Spoiler:
g80_unknown_board.jpg
g80_unknown_board.jpg (344.5 KiB) Viewed 15138 times

SL89

23 Jul 2014, 21:59

the caps on that Triumph Adler Gabiele look so nice... low pro but scooped!

Nuum

23 Jul 2014, 22:01

;) , yeah, the original color of the Triumph Adler Cherry boards of course fits very well. Something like the new Leopold navy blue ones would fit quite nice, too, that's what I was thinking of. Unfortunatly the Leopold set doesn't contain an ISO enter.

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Jul 2014, 22:18

Nuum, I have no proof that this is a TA board. The TA 3000 boards are on record, this one isn't.

Nuum

23 Jul 2014, 22:22

Oh ok, didn't know that, but it has exactly the same color scheme as the G80-3000 from TA and the typewriters.
Who made the keycaps for the typewriters? They are a little bit smaller than Cherry profile ones and also they don't have the supports around the stem.

Daniel Beardsmore

23 Jul 2014, 22:51

foxtrott wrote: can complement these types in the Deskthority wiki?

who manages this list?
Anyone is free to edit it.

SL89

23 Jul 2014, 23:11

Nuum wrote: ;) , yeah, the original color of the Triumph Adler Cherry boards of course fits very well. Something like the new Leopold navy blue ones would fit quite nice, too, that's what I was thinking of. Unfortunatly the Leopold set doesn't contain an ISO enter.
I meant the 9009 but dat blue is nice too!

bazh

25 Jul 2014, 05:57

Yeah the blue and grey color mix of TA is so nice. Also anyone know when these typewritters were manufactured? I find these keycaps are a bit smaller than those of Cherry keyboards (or now GMK things), the double-shot mold is quite diferent also.

Findecanor

25 Jul 2014, 09:44

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
foxtrott wrote: can complement these types in the Deskthority wiki?

who manages this list?
Anyone is free to edit it.
All edits are tracked in the History for each article. I have done the most edits. I copied the list from the Geekhack Wiki, and then added a typewriter now and then when I've seen threads like this one.

Mikelittoris

25 Jul 2014, 19:09

Saw this on the Swedish site blocket.se might also be dyesubs, altought the wiki says yellowed keys have been spotted, and pbt don't yellow.

IvanIvanovich

25 Jul 2014, 19:49

The 100 is the same as the Cyclo in the OP. Not Cherry and pad printed.

foxtrott

26 Jul 2014, 13:10

Gabriele 100 fits NOT on MX.. crap

bazh

26 Jul 2014, 13:33

you can tell by the look of the keycaps, they have round corners bottom. But I wonder who made those too because the legend look much like what we call "Cherry legends"

Findecanor

26 Jul 2014, 17:28

Those are often called "Amstrad" switches because the same switches were found in Amstrad computers, but I wouldn't think that it was Amstrad who made them.
Of the Gabriele line, only those from the 7007L are known to be MX-compatible.

foxtrott

04 Aug 2014, 19:21

New one:

TA Gabriele 9009 C ! Dyesubs..

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Aug 2014, 15:23

Shit typewriters. Good keycaps, though.

Nuum

18 Aug 2014, 17:50

How does the color of the keycaps of the TA Gabriele 9009 C compare to Cherry dyesubs/doubleshots? They seem to be almost the same color as the black on white/beige ones.

gianni

23 Aug 2017, 14:30

Ascaii wrote: Nuum, I have no proof that this is a TA board. The TA 3000 boards are on record, this one isn't.
What do you mean? They are smaller in what way? The top-typing surface?

AdrianMan

16 Feb 2018, 11:40

Got something new for the wiki to complete wiki/Triumph-Adler:

Triumph Adler SE 515

keycaps back:

So it would be : (Cherry MX-compatible) - Blue on white/beige/grey whatever that color is :lol: - Dye-sublimated

gianni

16 Feb 2018, 12:03

No scoops or homing in the keys? It seems that there are no scoops in any of the TA keycaps.

AdrianMan

16 Feb 2018, 12:40

gianni wrote: No scoops or homing in the keys? It seems that there are no scoops in any of the TA keycaps.
Seems not, the keycaps are in the mail towards me, I will take a closer look when they arrive

DevilZmods

04 May 2020, 18:05

Here's another colourscheme of the 9009 that I didn't even know existed. Blue on grey with the same lovely typewriter profile. I hope the caps are not yellowed too badly and clean up after an ultrasonic bath when they're here.
Screenshot_20200503-174626.png
Screenshot_20200503-174626.png (782.88 KiB) Viewed 9749 times

swampangel

04 May 2020, 18:14

Oh that is nice. I can imagine that unyellowed it would have a nice clean modern look.

I have a set of those in dark brown and I got a plate cut, but I goofed on the bottom row and I haven't had the patience to take the dremel to it or the money to just order a replacement.

Return to “Gallery”