Interest Check - European Poker Group buy Round 2

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Aug 2011, 11:53

I received a couple of PMs asking for a second round of Pokers. Who would be interested - if so how many what kind?

MX Red: 70 EUR
MX Black: 67 EUR
MX Brown: 67 EUR
MX Blue: 65 EUR

Thanks

mSSM

17 Aug 2011, 11:59

Black lettering? :-)

CeeSA

17 Aug 2011, 12:03

i may interested in some more, after i check the boards from group buy R1

*Update*
not another ANSI for me, thanks
Last edited by CeeSA on 13 Sep 2011, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Lamaboi

17 Aug 2011, 12:37

I'd definitely want one with MX blues, pls.
Do you have an estimate shipping fee for poland?

Btw. what's up with those red switches? Why are they always more expensive then the other ones?

rouston

17 Aug 2011, 13:09

better to wait that everybody from the first round has received and tested the keyboard at least a couple of week in case of they would like another one than rushing things :?:

Grond

17 Aug 2011, 13:12

They're still not making or planning an ISO version, are they?

Sugoi

17 Aug 2011, 17:43

Grond wrote:They're still not making or planning an ISO version, are they?
sixty is working on that. According to him, we essentially will probably need a (much) higher number of orders so that KBC/Vortex considers making an ISO layout version worthwhile.

@sixty
I would be interested in 1x MX Red version.

However, if there are realistically good prospects for ISO layouts (you sounded optimistic in your other post) I would rather wait until you can work out such a deal. Wouldn't mind waiting for another 6 months or so.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Aug 2011, 17:59

Considering how long these took from Taiwan to here in round one, I don't think there is a way to rush things regarding this :D

Sugoi

17 Aug 2011, 18:09

I agree. Well, patience is a virtue after all. ^_~

fossala
Elite +1

17 Aug 2011, 19:21

If ISO layout would be a possibility I would take a blue, I would buy an ANSI but only if there is no chance of an ISO model soon.

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Aug 2011, 19:32

(Edit: I'm mixing up Esc lock with arrow lock. The problem with Esc lock is that it's not a DIP switch setting yet the default setting is the wrong one IMO as Esc is used far more than ~ or ` in Windows and Mac OS)

And would there be the option of nice PBT engraved keycaps? The stock keycaps shown for the US group buy are hideous! Ideally we'd have something more akin to Diatec's lush labelling, but anything is better than the defaults :)

I'd also want to hold out for ISO though. In the meantime I'd have to decide what switch to go for ... could be an excuse to try reds ... but I could be safe and go blues ... :(
Last edited by Daniel Beardsmore on 22 Aug 2011, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

lal

17 Aug 2011, 21:46

3x blue. Shocking that I would not get even *1* rubber dome HHKB for that money...

Alasdair

17 Aug 2011, 22:34

I would be interested. My preference would be blue/brown and ISO.

rouston

17 Aug 2011, 23:04

lal wrote:3x blue. Shocking that I would not get even *1* rubber dome HHKB for that money...
you mean hhkb pro 2, so a mechanical keyboard. The rubber dome is the lite...

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Aug 2011, 23:10

rouston wrote:
lal wrote:3x blue. Shocking that I would not get even *1* rubber dome HHKB for that money...
you mean hhkb2 so a mechanical keyboard. The rubber dome is the lite...
The HHKB2 still uses domes, and it doesn't have any electrical contacts. I wouldn't class it as mechanical myself.

Dome keyboards aren't all bad though – if Dell's latest one is anything to go by, a Topre switch keyboard could be pretty decent.

The advantage of the KBC Poker is the compact layout without Fujitsu's accompanying transnasal remuneration. I'm just trying to justify it as a toy. If I wanted to use it at work, blues are out.

rouston

17 Aug 2011, 23:15

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
rouston wrote:
you mean hhkb2 so a mechanical keyboard. The rubber dome is the lite...
The HHKB2 still uses domes, and it doesn't have any electrical contacts. I wouldn't class it as mechanical myself.

Dome keyboards aren't all bad though – if Dell's latest one is anything to go by, a Topre switch keyboard could be pretty decent.

The advantage of the KBC Poker is the compact layout without Fujitsu's accompanying transnasal remuneration. I'm just trying to justify it as a toy. If I wanted to use it at work, blues are out.
but hhkb ARE mechanical capacitative switch keyboards and you cannot classify them into ruber domes as well in that case. that's just a stupid troll

rouston

17 Aug 2011, 23:16

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:What assurance would we have that with Esc lock on, Fn-Esc would be tilde at long last? They definitely dropped the ball with that.

And would there be the option of nice PBT engraved keycaps? The stock keycaps shown for the US group buy are hideous! Ideally we'd have something more akin to Diatec's lush labelling, but anything is better than the defaults :)

I'd also want to hold out for ISO though. In the meantime I'd have to decide what switch to go for ... could be an excuse to try reds ... but I could be safe and go blues ... :(
I prefer the white on black ones. at least you can see something on these. It's less geeky ok but better looking overall even if not PBT...

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Aug 2011, 23:18

rouston wrote:but hhkb ARE mechanical capacitative switch keyboards and you cannot classify them into ruber domes as well in that case. that's just a stupid troll
I disagree, but let's keep this topic on topic :)

rouston

17 Aug 2011, 23:22

HHKB are not in the same league at all so no way to compare them anyway ^^

Gunny

18 Aug 2011, 09:48

I'd definitely be interested in an ISO one if it ever happens.

wupi

18 Aug 2011, 22:29

ISO with blank keys would be great. :D
Im intrested in a ISO with reds.
Last edited by wupi on 19 Aug 2011, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ascaii
The Beard

18 Aug 2011, 22:52

id be in for an iso version, red switches.

p3ci

18 Aug 2011, 23:51

ISO Red would be nice. :)

Merchix

19 Aug 2011, 09:43

Id be in for a red or blue version. If there is a ISO version will be awesome

attarian

19 Aug 2011, 12:13

If some people can not wait a few months to buy a KBC Poker, i might be able to sell some. ( if sixty doesnt mind)

paat

19 Aug 2011, 13:07

As I mentioned in the "Distribution, Refund & Repair"-thread if there is any chance for an ISO-layout, I'll order another one!

TheSoulhunter

19 Aug 2011, 14:37

Can they be plate mounted this time? :3

Daniel Beardsmore

19 Aug 2011, 14:56

TheSoulhunter wrote:Can they be plate mounted this time? :3
What would you consider to be a fair price for the keyboards if the redesign and retooling is taken into account?

I'd be happy if the top-left key was Esc normally and ` with Fn (matches normal Windows usage with the ease of cancelling things but with the need to enter ` in Linux as well at times), and if the keycaps are elegant. And of course ISO. Ideally windowed lock keys – I think iMav is ordering PBT sets without the nice windows in the keys, which is really sad.

I also realise that I'd lose numpad * (expand all child nodes in Windows) but that's a problem with any tenkeyless keyboard.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Aug 2011, 20:40

As far as I know the Esc lock function should provide the feature you requested. As for "elegant" look. The pokers we got in group buy 1 look different from the ones iMav got and the ones poker originally distributed. I don't know why, I never ordered anything different.

Daniel Beardsmore

19 Aug 2011, 20:46

Edit: sorry, getting Esc lock and arrow lock mixed up. Esc lock is the right idea but it should be a DIP switch or programmable option.
Last edited by Daniel Beardsmore on 22 Aug 2011, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”