Fujitsu FKB4700 "Sanyo"

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Nov 2014, 09:22

This is my new (old) Sanyo AT keyboard. It´s a branded Fujitsu FKB4700 with the Fujitsu Peerless Type 2 switch. This Peerless is clicky. The overall condidtion is good, one slider is broken and I am missing one spring and a slider for a LED switch.There is little or no yellowing. This Peerless switch feels slighty "mushy" soft to me with a medium travel and a faint click. The click varies on different keys in sound and intesity. The backplate is curved like many IBM keyboards, great for ergonomics. The way the bottom front case is formed it´s almost a short wrist pad. The way this keyboard is constructed it is quite easy to disassemble completely with little effort.This is a good daily driver for me although the Peerless switch will not enter my top five favorite.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Fujitsu_FKB4700

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Fujitsu_Peerless
IMGP7294.JPG
IMGP7294.JPG (978.68 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
IMGP7299.JPG
IMGP7299.JPG (998.76 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
IMGP7273.JPG
IMGP7273.JPG (979.19 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
IMGP7281.JPG
IMGP7281.JPG (995.3 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
IMGP7296.JPG
IMGP7296.JPG (948.59 KiB) Viewed 4833 times

Nuum

14 Nov 2014, 09:27

Is that the one from ebay? It looked like it has PBT keycaps with pad printed ABS LED keycaps, is that so?

seebart

14 Nov 2014, 09:36

Nuum wrote: Is that the one from ebay? It looked like it has PBT keycaps with pad printed ABS LED keycaps, is that so?
yes this one is from Ebay. You know the keycaps in Peerless are like IBM M. Their not a "regular" stem mount. I´m not sure about the printing.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

26 Nov 2014, 13:52

Meh, took me some time to figure things out about my one since there's only a serial number on the back.
Of course, last step of my inquiry got me here, haha.
Yours looks so much better than mine tho, so clean and without yellowing.
I think its odd how the keys feel so different to one another, some feel really good imo, others uhm not so much.

seebart

26 Nov 2014, 14:23

guk wrote: Meh, took me some time to figure things out about my one since there's only a serial number on the back.Of course, last step of my inquiry got me here, haha. Yours looks so much better than mine tho, so clean and without yellowing. I think its odd how the keys feel so different to one another, some feel really good imo, others uhm not so much.
Well from our wiki I did know it was a Fujitsu FKB4700 before I bought it. Yes the difference in switch feel and sound is very unusual, I don´t think I own another keyboard with such a fluctuation. But if you are saying yours is the same, possibly this is "normal" with Fujitsu Peerless? Is yours clicky? How well can you hear and feel the "click"?

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

26 Nov 2014, 14:39

seebart wrote: Well from our wiki I did know it was a Fujitsu FKB4700 before I bought it. Yes the difference in switch feel and sound is very unusual, I don´t think I own another keyboard with such a fluctuation. But if you are saying yours is the same, possibly this is "normal" with Fujitsu Peerless? Is yours clicky? How well can you hear and feel the "click"?
How were you able to tell, just by its looks? I'm not on that level (yet). :D
Yes, it is clicky, activation point is very close to the point of bottoming out though. Some keys are quite pronounced while others feel mushy. That feeling might be enhanced due to not having it cleaned properly yet. And I'm not sure when or if I'll find the time to do so. Hope you can make sense out of my newbie chattering.

andrewjoy

26 Nov 2014, 14:55

i like the caps and the numbered however for some reason that keyboard reminds me of this atrocious piece of garbage

seebart

28 Nov 2014, 14:12

while it´s not anywhere near my favorite, the branded Fujitsu´s are not quite on the " atrocious piece of garbage" level.
:lol:

andrewjoy

28 Nov 2014, 14:18

i am not saying it is , but it reminds me of that board because of what it looks like with the thin plastic handset at the bottom

seebart

28 Nov 2014, 14:24

ok I get what you mean. The "wrist pad" that´s not a wrist pad at all, on either keyboards.
How were you able to tell, just by its looks? I'm not on that level (yet).
yeah that and the Peerless switch obviously.

Return to “Gallery”