Thanks to DT...

ShivaYash

03 Jan 2015, 19:23

Just got home after a long two weeks away in Dubai, spending time with the in-laws is always trying, but I am glad to say the DT chat got me through. I certainly read a lot about KBs whilst away, learnt about the IBM Models M and F, not to mention great comments about soldering irons. I also type this message on my brand spanking new 87u 55gram board, its really really nice, although, like with anything, it takes a little while getting use to a change, especially with such an item as a KB. The keys feel quite heavy and solid, for the time being my workhorse FILCO TKL with Blues has been put away. I hope to resolve the keycap issue with KeyBoardCo now that I am back, and will revert on all pending matters.

With best wishes,
And greetings from a very cold and dark London,
SY

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Jan 2015, 23:20

ShivaYash wrote: spending time with the in-laws is always trying
How was your mother-in-law? :twisted:

Was it like this?
Spoiler:
Or more like this?
Spoiler:

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 08:24

Haha! The first one. Silly old bat. She usually bores me with the same old repetitive stories, they are long winded. This year my tactic was to shoot back with my own long winded stories about mundane matters like light bulb wattage, summer tyres, folding knifes, keyboards, my PhD etc. I think it worked!

Mrinterface

04 Jan 2015, 12:33

ShivaYash wrote: folding knifes, keyboards
Folding knifes?

Any of these?
What a beautiful mix...
What a beautiful mix...
KeyboardKnifes.png (5.52 MiB) Viewed 3418 times

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Jan 2015, 13:41

Oh yeah spending the holidays with the in-laws can be brutal.

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 14:09

What a great collection. I snap you on the Leatherman Charge... if I spot it correctly. I have the Ti version, which I love and has been with me for some years now. Mainly I am a Victorinox man however, as my MIL soon learnt this holiday.

What model is that, top left, one from the bottom?

wheybags

04 Jan 2015, 14:20

Dayum, that collection puts my bog standard Victorinox Swiss army knife to shame

kbdfr
The Tiproman

04 Jan 2015, 14:59

Vintage stuff lovers go for the real thing.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Jan 2015, 15:13

I think I have one or two of those, bought in France when I was a kid.

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jan 2015, 15:47

I am pretty sure that's an Opinel diagonally down from the right arrow key, granted a modernised one.

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 16:07

I really want this... but can't spend any more on knifes, until I get a display case. Hate having them bundled up in a bag, not being admired, or better still used. Over Christmas, and in attempt to avoid the MIL I spent my evenings putting baby to bed and then online shopping. Picked up an ALOX Farmer for £20 delivered. A great little knife and my new EDC... everyday carry.

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 16:08

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 15.08.30.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 15.08.30.png (481.95 KiB) Viewed 3332 times

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 16:10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009 ... UO12PMHMQM

This has been in my basket for a while, just hate paying postage! A beauty.

Mrinterface

04 Jan 2015, 17:00

ShivaYash wrote: What model is that, top left, one from the bottom?
You mean the victorinox? Don't know the model unfortunately, it has been with me for ages.....

ShivaYash

04 Jan 2015, 17:32

It's lovely. And I very much enjoy your YouTube videos sir.

chzel

04 Jan 2015, 20:11

kbdfr wrote:Vintage stuff lovers go for the real thing.
No 7 carbon....my favorite pocket knife!
I'd really like a Mini Griptillian though! Some day I will justify it enough to get it!

Return to “Off-topic”