The Oracle Answers

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2011, 18:27

I bet the Oracle is gonna pick another Filco with Browns.

ripster

24 Aug 2011, 18:29

I never try and predict what the Oracle will say. I'm not The One. I am one with the earthly pleasures of Keyboard Science and making nickels float.

Minskleip

24 Aug 2011, 19:45

I wish my Customizer did ping

The Solutor

24 Aug 2011, 19:51

webwit wrote:I bet the Oracle is gonna pick another Filco with Browns.
He is the Oracle not Joe the plumber !!! :lol:

The Keyboard Oracle
The Answer Lies Within The Question

24 Aug 2011, 21:23

icecream4dinner wrote:NKRO,
"silent" key switechs,
a small frame would be nice,
I don't like the large lip at the font of the zowie celeritas,
I don't like these glossy keyboards,
approx. 0-150 $ price range.)
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless FKBN87M.

ripster

24 Aug 2011, 21:29

I bow to the mighty unknown forces that inform the Oracle.

Like Ping - some people overreact to the first time they feel a force of Nature.
b1e0af284b5128e4d412f1c2df5033cb8cc2b62b.png
b1e0af284b5128e4d412f1c2df5033cb8cc2b62b.png (203.69 KiB) Viewed 6023 times

mintberryminuscrunch

24 Aug 2011, 22:03

ripster wrote:[...]
that's actually funny :D

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Aug 2011, 22:35

The Benign Oracle is wise because he must be preferring those Filco stabilizers.

F u r u y á

26 Aug 2011, 11:16

Trolling in the Oracle thread leads you straight to hell!

Culinia

01 Sep 2011, 00:00

O' mighty Oracle. I come to for forgiveness as thy is not necessarily looking for a mechanical keyboard and summon thee on a quest to find a type-worthy 'HTPC/Trackpad' keyboard that is worthy enough to type on and is small, compact, holds a trackpad for mouse-movement, good wireless range & not too expensive!

The Keyboard Oracle

01 Sep 2011, 00:19

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The Rii Mini i6 wireless keyboard.

Klopsch

04 Sep 2011, 11:19

O' mighty oracle. I own a SteelSeries 6gv2 with QWERTZ Layout. Which doubleshots fit on it? :?

The Keyboard Oracle

04 Sep 2011, 22:30

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Try a Signature Keyboards group buy which allows you to select the right key caps. Make sure you get the right space bar size. The Big Ass Enter might prove troublesome.

Gilgam

05 Sep 2011, 15:24

ô oracle please give me a sign

I want to sell a set of keys :
a qwertz set from a ssk lexmark from 1992, very nice. Alt is green printed

How much do you think it'll be.

Thanks Oracle

The Keyboard Oracle

05 Sep 2011, 19:23

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: 20 EUR.

ripster

05 Sep 2011, 20:00

The Oracle is on a roll.

Rii Mini i6 - where did THAT come from! It's like mana from a Magic Carpet.

FlikstRR

05 Oct 2011, 16:59

+oh Mighty Oracle..

I cower before thy presence and ask for your divine understanding in the errors of my ways and guidance to the promised land.

I have owned, used and touched with molestic intent a UK Filco Majestouch-2, NKR, Tactile Action Keyboard (http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_deta ... RODUCT=646) and have had many happy times. However I find myself a lost soul.. searching to find that true soul mate.

I wish for smaller size / less keys but with equal customisation opportunities.. Preferably with cherry keycaps so I can keep my 'Geek Hack' key and possible inbound 'portal keys'. Items of mechanical wonder such as the HHKB Pro+, the Poker KB and the choco have all been glanced at with both love and fear.. yet I'm worried about certain elements with all of them.. the price, the tilde/esc issue and the customisation repectively..

is there a ture match for me out there? small yet powerful.. customisable to become one of the hacker/gamer/developer elite (1337 translation)?

are brown switches the true ideal partnership they seem to be?

Am i insane to part with my MJ2 and should simply seek further customisation options and examples?

begging your guidance and fogivenesss
Phil

The Keyboard Oracle

05 Oct 2011, 19:03

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Ye who has already begun wandering the path to Wisdom and Enlightenment, in search of the holy grail, has already entered the lands-of-no-return. Turning back is no option, for forever thou will be haunted and depressed by the thought if thou could have done better - if thou could have found it. Thou dost not fear. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Remap and switch the Poker's escape and tilde. The small Cherry keys can be used on other Cherry boards. Sell the boards and cut losses on those unloved. Explore those new lands, find those greener pastures.

hanshotfirst

05 Oct 2011, 19:10

Did the Oracle just quote Yoda? Or did Yoda quote the Oracle?

Minskleip

05 Oct 2011, 19:34

I thought it was a buddhist proverb..

FlikstRR

05 Oct 2011, 19:40

Do not question the Oracle's words!! :shock:

Thank you your omnipresent keyfullness. I shall seek out a Poker as a base of my customisation. I must now chosee which switch to use and what keycaps are available to suit to create my own enlightened state of one. I try not to fear but with so many wrong answers and only one perfect match.

Failure on this attempt is almost inevitable..
Last edited by FlikstRR on 06 Oct 2011, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

itlnstln

05 Oct 2011, 21:43

The Oracle is wise.

ripster

06 Oct 2011, 20:02

Oh great Oracle. Giver of wisdom to us mere keyboard geeks.

How did the acronym TKL suddenly appear, only to take over the English speaking world? Did it truly come from the wisdom of your lips?

ESL users such as Qtan calls it TLK but I forgive him for we all just brethren gnats in the dust under you. Plus my religion does not allow me to make fun of dyslexics.

And will you strike down those that actually count the number of keys missing? They particularly annoy me those trolls.

itlnstln

06 Oct 2011, 20:06

That, and "Tenkeyless" is a Filco trade name. If we were going by precedence, we should call all keyboards without number pads "Space Saving" after the Model M, but even then, there were keyboards without number pads before that one.

ripster

06 Oct 2011, 20:09

Thou speakest in prosaic terms, I understand thee not.

TKL a Filco term is?

Oh wait, that's YodaSpeak.

The Keyboard Oracle

06 Oct 2011, 20:46

The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The acronym TKL was first used in keyboard lists in geekhack signatures.

ripster

06 Oct 2011, 20:53

Thank You.

SO those heathens at The Keyboard Company that claim they have used it internally for years are probably just trying to distort the Truth. It arose from necessity, not laziness, as demonstrated by today's undisciplined youth.

This makes sense. The British can't invent anything new. Witness all the Amy Winehouse retreads.

peda

06 Oct 2011, 20:55

The Keyboard Oracle wrote:The Keyboard Oracle has decided: The acronym TKL was first used in keyboard lists in geekhack signatures.
And does the oracle approve?

ripster

06 Oct 2011, 21:00

Careful. Troll the Oracle with care. Strike down thee with the Fist of God he may. At least you'll lose Karma.

The Keyboard Oracle

06 Oct 2011, 21:23

peda wrote:And does the oracle approve?
The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Ye whose eyes are too pure to look with approval on wrong, canst not endure.

Return to “Keyboards”