[IC] Phantom-compatible plates

rsadek

03 Mar 2015, 19:19

Count me in for a 7bit. Either material is fine; slight bias for steel.
Awesome, looking forward to it!

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 19:39

Cool. I had no idea that this might be so popular...

MrMen

03 Mar 2015, 20:02

After seeing that could you change me to 7bit ?

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 20:04

Done.

mprime

03 Mar 2015, 20:23

Upon thinking about it a little more I think I'd prefer a steel plate. But I could go either way, if other people prefer aluminium.

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 20:37

I'll update the OP, thanks for letting me know!

meow a cat

03 Mar 2015, 20:45

I would definitely be in for a ANSI150 plate, in either steel or aluminum. I would prefer steel, but I would probably go for aluminum if it's significantly cheaper.

Depending on price, I could be in for a 7bit plate as well.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but will shipping to Canada be an issue? Is this an EU-only GB?

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 20:49

I've got no idea, I'll ship to Canada if you can bear the shipping costs from Ireland! Check http://anpost.ie + add a bit for foam, wrappings, etc.

This is just an IC to gauge the level of interest. :)

It's looking like most people want aluminium, so we might end up going for that. It all depends. Depending on shipping prices etc., it might even make more sense for the Americans and Canadians to break off into their own mini-GB because the cost is probably a bit cheaper in the USA.

meow a cat

03 Mar 2015, 21:44

scottc wrote: I've got no idea, I'll ship to Canada if you can bear the shipping costs from Ireland! Check http://anpost.ie + add a bit for foam, wrappings, etc.

This is just an IC to gauge the level of interest. :)

It's looking like most people want aluminium, so we might end up going for that. It all depends. Depending on shipping prices etc., it might even make more sense for the Americans and Canadians to break off into their own mini-GB because the cost is probably a bit cheaper in the USA.
You can add me as interested if you'd like, there's really no other option for Phantom plates at the moment, and it's been a long time since I've seen any other GB's.

If someone reputable wants to organize a Phantom plate GB for North America, I would be in on that in a heartbeat. I feel like there would be a lot of interest in this on GH as well.

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 22:06

I'm not on GH right now, and I don't think I'd even be able to post this there if I was due to the threshold for sales. If someone wants to post it over there and link to this thread then that would probably work. I waste enough of my time on DT without having yet another place to spend it, I'm afraid. :lol:

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 22:12

Is it possible to use a Phantom with a regular 6.25 winkey layout *and* the 7bit matrix on the right instead of the dpad?

chzel

03 Mar 2015, 22:15

Yes, the ANSI125 and ISO125 options are exactly that.

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 22:20

Oh cool, I didn't realise that. Nice, cheers chzel!

chzel

03 Mar 2015, 22:24

Let me correct myself, ALL of the plates in the "official" .zip have a "full" matrix on the right. And that's the reason they can't be used with a Filco PCB.

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 22:44

excellent, then im in.

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 22:47

So that's an ANSI125?

SL89

03 Mar 2015, 22:49

yes sorry i didnt specify

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 23:05

that's alright, just wanted to make sure for the big list ;)

iAmAhab

03 Mar 2015, 23:23

Put me down for a ISO 150 whatever material.

mprime

03 Mar 2015, 23:33

chzel wrote: Let me correct myself, ALL of the plates in the "official" .zip have a "full" matrix on the right. And that's the reason they can't be used with a Filco PCB.
Sweet. When I asked
mprime wrote: I'm interested in ANSI125 with a full numpad on the right. Not sure what this layout is called. Material doesn't matter.
that's what I was referring to.

scottc: Any rough estimates on a timeline - i.e. is there a minimum number of orders that we're waiting for? And where are you shipping from?

scottc

03 Mar 2015, 23:40

I have no estimates on anything right now - I just wanted to check interest before anything else. This is about 10x as popular as I expected already, so I'm a little concerned about the volume and whether I'll be able to handle all of it myself. I'm a little busy with life outside of keyboards right now and may be travelling in the next week or so but I aim to contact a manufacturer some time soon. I'm open to suggestions about the best route to take.

As for the rest, it was answered previously:
scottc wrote: I'm not sure about specifics yet, it would really depend on where it ships from originally! I think we'll probably end up going with a European manufacturer unless it's prohibitively expensive. I imagine that I'd just get everything shipped to me, then forward them from here.

Edit: Unless of course we have someone living in a country with cheaper shipping rates that would be willing to help out, in which case I'd be happy to talk about it!
Edit: Phrasing

meow a cat

03 Mar 2015, 23:58

I posted/linked this over at the GH IC subforum, Scottc.

All credit was given to you. If there's anything you'd like added to it, or if you would like it removed, just let me know.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69 ... 666558#new

Jersern

04 Mar 2015, 06:41

Interested in a single ANSI 125 plate. I guess material isn't really an issue as long as we keep costs low.

Acanthophis

05 Mar 2015, 00:15

Is this limited to only Phantom plates or is there a chance to squeeze in a 60% plate? :)

scottc

05 Mar 2015, 00:32

meow a cat: Thanks. It all seems fine to me.

Jersern: Added, cheers!

Acanthopis: I'm not really sure yet, but I'll take note of it and mention it when I get in touch with manufacturers!

Everyone else: I'm going to be away from home for a few weeks starting from probably Monday of next week. I can get in touch with manufacturers while I'm away, but I'll be quite busy. I suppose it'd make sense to set some sort of soft deadline for, say, tomorrow evening and then contact them with the number that we have then to get a quote for cost.

Acanthophis

05 Mar 2015, 13:37

scottc wrote: I'm not really sure yet, but I'll take note of it and mention it when I get in touch with manufacturers!
That'll be awesome, thanks already!

scottc

05 Mar 2015, 13:44

No problem!

bstafford

07 Mar 2015, 17:03

I'm interested in 2 steel ANSI150 plates. Aluminum would be OK too.

Thanks.

Daniel

07 Mar 2015, 17:52

If the prices are reasonable I would be additionally interested in an ANSI150 plate.

honoka

08 Mar 2015, 12:30

How much modding would these plates require to fit onto a QFR or Filco pub and case?
I guess I could cut or file out the plate to fit the controller just above the arrow cluster. What more? Hugs

Return to “Group buys”