The SurpriseBox Worldwide Trip 2

Ascaii
The Beard

02 Mar 2015, 00:23

Box is in Frankfurt. I am curious if it will go to customs or not.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

02 Mar 2015, 06:09

That was damn fast :D

Halvar

02 Mar 2015, 10:33

Now it could be less than two weeks until you get the notification from Zoll ... judging by our SSK shipment from Cindy. ;-)

gogusrl

02 Mar 2015, 11:22

Talked with mr.interface, i'm officially on the list.

Ascaii
The Beard

03 Mar 2015, 17:03

Box being processed by customs. I am excited to finally get it :)

DanielT

03 Mar 2015, 17:29

Cool :) Let me know if the customs hit you so that I take care of that. Oh boy the box is so close :D

fifted

03 Mar 2015, 17:34

I was going to track the package and post updates, but Ascaii has done a great job of that. :) Can't wait to see what you guys think!

DanielT

03 Mar 2015, 17:48

I think it will be epic :) And being first after Ascaii it will be interesting because he has a lot of cool things :D

andrewjoy

03 Mar 2015, 18:09

I was planning to throw an CST trackball in but they all sold :( i have other nice full products i want to get rid of :) so i will put one of them in

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Mar 2015, 19:02

tracking says it cleared customs.

DanielT

05 Mar 2015, 19:13

Uuuuuu :D Perfect :D

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Mar 2015, 18:57

I have received a slip from the evil ZOLLAMT...I will have to go there in person and try to work things out with them. I have the feeling it will be tough, since I cannot prove a value for any of this old computer junk. I think I will print out this thread and just take it along.

fifted

11 Mar 2015, 15:57

"Zollamt" is a pretty awesome word and wouldn't be bad for a villain... Anyway, good luck!

ETA: Don't print out this part of the thread! :S

7bit

12 Mar 2015, 00:02

Ascaii wrote: I have received a slip from the evil ZOLLAMT...I will have to go there in person and try to work things out with them. I have the feeling it will be tough, since I cannot prove a value for any of this old computer junk. I think I will print out this thread and just take it along.
You need an invoice.

Something like:

- Computer Keyboard, IBM Model M SSK, used $25
- key caps Clack factory $1
- switches ...

Or provide a PayPal payment receipt you made to the one who shipped.
:-)

Also: Don't direct them to DT, might not be a good idea.
;-)

Muirium
µ

12 Mar 2015, 00:09

Having to go see them sucks. Did you fill out a customs declaration, Fifted? (As far as I know, you have to for international parcels, even in America.) It's not a good sign when they start second guessing!

7bit

12 Mar 2015, 10:23

Customs declaration+invoice attached outside the package!
:o

Anything else does not work out!!
:mad:

In the other direction, ie outside of EU, at least if shipped uninsured, a minimal customs declaration obviously does work out.
;-)

Ascaii
The Beard

12 Mar 2015, 12:16

Just got back with the box. I declared it as private parcel and explained to them the concept of a sinklist. They did not want or need to see any documentation, but took the value fifted wrote on the declaration plus the cost of shipping as the total value. I had to pay 16.71€ as toll, but that was it. I was amazed when i opened the box and the people following after me will be as well. (its hard to estimate the true value, but id say we got off cheap^^)

Unfortunately, the box has grown in size to be beyond the size of a fullsize keyboard in OP. The current measurements are 51cm x 27cm x 11cm, and since I am not taking out anything big, I lack the space to put in some of my contributions. Do the people following after me mind if I use a slightly larger box, allowing me to stuff in more goodies?
Last edited by Ascaii on 12 Mar 2015, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

DanielT

12 Mar 2015, 12:18

I'm Ok with that :) The box is closer and closer :D

andrewjoy

12 Mar 2015, 12:40

i am ok with that, allows space for my contribution :)

chzel

12 Mar 2015, 14:38

Fine with me!

Ascaii
The Beard

12 Mar 2015, 19:30

New box size: 62cm x 32cm x 21cm. Plenty of space now.

DanielT

12 Mar 2015, 19:52

That's a decent size :)

Nuum

12 Mar 2015, 20:15

Sounds good!

Ascaii
The Beard

13 Mar 2015, 20:05

Okay, funny thing happened...I mentioned the sinklist concept to someone and one thing led to another...so i was offered space for a display at the 2015 re-publica in Berlin to showcase the concept of a sinklist and our community. Would anyone from DT be interested in collaborating and getting a small display ready? Due to finishing up my masters I cannot do this by myself or put a lot of time into it. The fair takes place from the 5th to 8th of May.

The motto of this years re-publica is "finding europe", so we would have to highlight the european DT scene, especially our group projects, sinklists, try bag initiatives, etc.

https://re-publica.de/

Mrinterface

15 Mar 2015, 13:27

That's actually a very nice way to show other people what those projects did given the right community.

I won't be able to physically help you with the re-publica project, since the distance is just too big, but I ( we ) could forge some kind of video where everything is being explained and condensed for visitors of the event. We would then only need a presentation computer with display and some examples of the projects we did.

Also , if this is able to start, you might want to open a dedicated thread. First line of attack would be to develop a script upon which the video would be based. So what projects, sinklists, etc would we want to showcase and how would we best do that?

Ascaii
The Beard

15 Mar 2015, 15:38

Once I get more info from the organizer I will make a dedicated thread for it :)

Ascaii
The Beard

16 Mar 2015, 10:32

update: i have selected my loot and repacked the box. I have exams today and tomorrow, but Ill try and get it out of the door tomorrow morning. worst case, wednesday.

DanielT

16 Mar 2015, 10:45

Good luck with the exams, take your time ;) I'm ready when you are. Don't forget to post your loot :D

hoggy

16 Mar 2015, 14:14

Exams, then post exams drink, then post post exams drink hangover, then post office

hoggy

16 Mar 2015, 23:36

PS good luck with the exams!

Return to “Keyboards”