Electronics Plus keyboard haul

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 12:44

After I have used an F122, any dream layout needs those wonderful extra top 24 and left 10 function keys.

hammelgammler
Vintage

17 Mar 2015, 15:09

Haven't tried a Model F yet but an IBM Model F Unsaver has some of the best layouts (for me of course).
I don't mind any extra keys to the left or above, only to the right as there goes my mouse.

But i think it's not that easy to get an Unsaver for a reasonable price.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 17:19

hammelgammler wrote: But i think it's not that easy to get an Unsaver for a reasonable price.
Yeah, I know...

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 17:34

I had dibs on one for $25 a few months ago, but I was too much of a gentleman about it and let it go.

mr_a500

17 Mar 2015, 20:06

Muirium wrote: I had dibs on one for $25 a few months ago, but I was too much of a gentleman about it and let it go.
Mmm.. yes, indeed. Jolly good show, what what.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Mar 2015, 20:14

mr_a500 wrote:
Muirium wrote: I had dibs on one for $25 a few months ago, but I was too much of a gentleman about it and let it go.
I'm not enough gentleman to let something like that pass. :evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 20:18

Come on good chap, she wasn't quite a bally Kishsaver! Then I really would need my head examined!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 20:43

I saw that... One of the reasons the price of 520$ is so unappealing to me is that quantalume got one from Cindy for this much and that will always be in my head. Although the board was in less than ideal condition.

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Mar 2015, 20:55

I was firster first firstest but ignored! :x

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 20:56

Redmaus wrote: I saw that... One of the reasons the price of 520$ is so unappealing to me is that quantalume got one from Cindy for this much and that will always be in my head. Although the board was in less than ideal condition.
Thoughts like that will really mess with your head. Cindy's magic. An exception to the rules of our world! I'd already had my good share of her $25 SSKs and ATs. All in better shape than Quantal's Unsaver. He did a good job fixing it up. Better than I'd have done.

But yeah, things can get mighty silly up at the other end of the aisle…

elecplus

17 Mar 2015, 21:02

Redmaus wrote:
I saw that... One of the reasons the price of 520$ is so unappealing to me is that quantalume got one from Cindy for this much and that will always be in my head. Although the board was in less than ideal condition.
Yep, I sell them cheap and as-is. That is part of the fun for you guys, cleaning and re-building :-)

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 21:04

Yup. You're a miracle worker! Adam Smith would be mightily confused.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 21:12

elecplus wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
Yep, I sell them cheap and as-is. That is part of the fun for you guys, cleaning and re-building :-)
Think you might get another unsaver anytime soon? Its a long shot, but...

elecplus

17 Mar 2015, 21:30

My recycler in Dallas is sorting out all the non-black keyboards for me to hunt through. He usually has 5-7 gaylords every couple of weeks for me to hunt through. Never know what will turn up, like these 24 SSKs!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 21:32

elecplus wrote: My recycler in Dallas is sorting out all the non-black keyboards for me to hunt through. He usually has 5-7 gaylords every couple of weeks for me to hunt through. Never know what will turn up, like these 24 SSKs!
Dallas? I live very close to Dallas. :)

seebart

17 Mar 2015, 21:33

elecplus wrote: My recycler in Dallas is sorting out all the non-black keyboards for me to hunt through. He usually has 5-7 gaylords every couple of weeks for me to hunt through. Never know what will turn up, like these 24 SSKs!
you should be made an honorary member here. Keep up the great work. :)

elecplus

17 Mar 2015, 21:34

I already paid my membership dues :-)

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I enjoy doing this!

SL89

17 Mar 2015, 21:34

We should have a lottery to guess what's in them or something ;)

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2015, 21:36

Redmaus wrote:
i would pay that for a 62 in a heartbeat, well after april when my holiday is paid for :P

elecplus

17 Mar 2015, 21:37

Men and boys, the price of their toys!

What on earth makes a metal 30 year old kbd worth $500??!!! Maybe if they were NIB or something....

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

17 Mar 2015, 21:39

elecplus wrote: Men and boys, the price of their toys!

What on earth makes a metal 30 year old kbd worth $500??!!! Maybe if they were NIB or something....
Or made on your birthday...

seebart

17 Mar 2015, 21:45

elecplus wrote: Men and boys, the price of their toys!

Rarity and demand. That's the only thing.

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Mar 2015, 23:52

webwit wrote: I was firster first firstest but ignored! :x
One of these days, one of those ducks is going to realise that it can fly, and jump the queue …

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Mar 2015, 02:33

A Chinese duck?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2015, 02:51

webwit wrote: A Chinese duck?
如何无礼!

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Mar 2015, 02:54

I have no opinion but found it entertaining ;)

Used to have a job at an office just meters from the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. Eternal line. Never a problem, all nationalities, but maybe it's just the setting.

Return to “Gallery”