<SPRiT Edition>MX Springs +LSS Lube Station +MX Stabilizers (In stock)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

24 Mar 2015, 15:48

DanielT wrote: Yep, I know it's a messed up situation, I've been folowing the GH thread, I even sent some e-mails in order to try and get some updates for the people who didn't get their stuff, no luck so far. I don't get this guy...
Well, anyone that believes they can take on a group buy of that size in the first place is a little nuts, so that's my best explanation.

SL89

24 Mar 2015, 16:00

The GH thread is kind of a travesty, any GB that doesn't go better then expected turns into a witch hunt, the same thing is happening to the taihao GB on there as well.

Muirium
µ

24 Mar 2015, 16:04

Too many assholes on GH.

Not to kick up controversy or anything, of course! I think it's fairly self evident.

Whether the cause for our comparative freedom of arseholery over here is simply DT's smaller size, or the keenness with which we call shit out wherever we see it, remains to be seen. I suspect there's a bandwagon effect in place at GH, such that when a thread goes nasty, everyone suits up and flames. Like all things in life, it's best done in moderation!

Stabilized

24 Mar 2015, 16:07

Yeah this is quite a tricky topic, I have to admit that I feel bad for both sides; just seems that Sprit was out of his depth when it came down to the volume of orders that he received, but he didn't deal with it well so I feel people have the right to be angry.
Then again because of the echo chamber nature of the thread it made it go a bit extreme; some one thought it was a good idea to get people to band together and pay for his air fare to Korea!

I just hope that Sprit learns from this and becomes more transparent when it comes to fulfilling orders, but I also hope that he doesn't get put off (wouldn't blame him if he did) as he did/does do some very highly quality stuff!

shreebles
Finally 60%

24 Mar 2015, 16:08

Muirium wrote: Too many assholes on GH.

Not to kick up controversy or anything, of course! I think it's fairly self evident.
We don't even need to say it, the fact that in the last months, more and more americans flock to DT speaks for itself.

SL89

24 Mar 2015, 16:09

I'm from reddit originally... I skipped the GH phase and matriculated to DT.

pasph

24 Mar 2015, 17:07

The situation now is that Sprit is a kind of martyr and all the people that are waiting from nearly 2 years are just a bunch of terrorists.
After all the money i've lost with theprof and WFD and being escaped by a hair from the DrugER scam i can't bear reading those posts.
Please consider that it's not the first time that Sprit acts this way.
I think we just have to thank the koreans that didn't want to see their reputation spoiled if that man is come back.
I'm done with GH.

Muirium
µ

24 Mar 2015, 17:18

Too much seriousness. Sounds counterintuitive, but when you watch these shitstorms they are fuelled by self righteous pompousness.

Sit down, people, sip your tea, and enjoy some snide nitpicky banter while cooler heads prevail.

pasph

24 Mar 2015, 17:34

That tea cost me $840, i really don't understand what you've said

Muirium
µ

24 Mar 2015, 17:36

You paid nothing for the tea. I nicked it from Ikea!

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

25 Mar 2015, 09:15

I must admit that I have my fun on GH, being used to DT I made some sincere remarks over there and the hell broke loose, I've learned my lesson and now know what I can do there and what not. It's not a bad place and some projects are really interesting like the latest ALPS 60% PCB prototype by Hasu (I was lucky to get in the list for such a PCB ), or JD40/45 and so on ...
But at home I feel only on DT :)

Stabilized

25 Mar 2015, 10:15

DanielT wrote: some projects are really interesting like the latest ALPS 60% PCB prototype by Hasu (I was lucky to get in the list for such a PCB )
I put my name down for that too, but I just missed the cut :(
Not sure why as I thought I should have been in with the first 9, but Applet got in before me (for some reason).

DanielT

25 Mar 2015, 10:45

Stabilized wrote: I put my name down for that too, but I just missed the cut :(
Not sure why as I thought I should have been in with the first 9, but Applet got in before me (for some reason).
It was just luck that I noticed the thread and because we are talking about something Hasu designed I said why not. Now I have to find some ALPS board to butcher if the prototype works. But I'm sure it will work and there will be a second round.

DanielT

05 Apr 2015, 09:28

Just in case someone is interested SPRiT is back and taking orders again for springs amd gold plated stab wires:)
I think in May a new batch of springs will be produced.

gianni

05 Apr 2015, 14:56

He's really back, or just his spirit?

SL89

05 Apr 2015, 16:15

I'm glad the witch-hunt on GH has subsided. I need me some super heavy springs :D

Khers

05 Apr 2015, 17:05

I got a shipping notification and an image of my parcel before the weekend, so I guess he's back!

DanielT

05 Apr 2015, 18:51

He is back, I had a long e-mail conversation with him this weekend. He had a rough winter but now is back and is shipping all the orders.
I'm glad the witch-hunt ended. Sometimes GB's move slow, look at the Tai-Hao GB almost half year later and I still don't have my set, and I guess it will take some time until I will get it.

scottc

05 Apr 2015, 18:53

Yeah, the witch-hunt mentality is pretty bad. I'm glad that we're just that little bit friendlier here on DT. :mrgreen:

DanielT

06 Apr 2015, 09:53

Europeans stopped burning witches a long time ago, while...

Khers

10 Apr 2015, 15:53

Got my order the other day! Thanks!

Theanyday

13 Apr 2015, 07:41

I started on reddit as well and basically from there came both here and to GH. Also I too have received a shipping notification.

sprit1

26 Apr 2015, 02:40

Quick IC for 55g, 62g, 85g v1.2

Hello guys!
Quick IC for 55g, 62g, 85g MX custom springs to produce mid-late May. (Both Standard & Gold ver1.2)
I'm not sure for 55g, 85g. The MOQ is 100 sets (10,000 pcs) each. Do You might need that?

Quick IC here > http://goo.gl/forms/tSoTFlM3hB : Both on Geekhack

pic : Oatburner
Gold-65g  by Oatburner
Gold-65g by Oatburner
Gold-65g by Oatburner .jpg (720.76 KiB) Viewed 9654 times

Eszett

28 Aug 2015, 04:00

My 55g is similar to MX Reds but more tight and elastic, slightly lighter than MX Browns, MX Blues (58g-60g) v1.2
My 60g is similar to MX Blues, but a little bit tighter and stable, elastic as some early vintage MX Blues v1.1
Hi sprit! I don't want to bug you, but aren't MX red springs and MX blue springs the same bottom out force?

Sankart

29 Jan 2016, 21:33

I was thinking about getting some of these springs, but since this thread has been dead for rather long (just like the one on GH) I'm a bit puzzled. Are orders still being fulfilled?

Matt_

29 Jan 2016, 21:45

Doesn't look like it according to the GH thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.4050

Sankart

29 Jan 2016, 21:55

I guessed so, but I wasn't sure since these guys seem to be in for some more complicated stuff and I just want some springs. Well, is there some other place to get some nice gold plated springs? Sadly Mkb and Zeal is out of nearly every variant so far :? .

rddm

29 Jan 2016, 22:18

send email to sprit and wait for the answer, or just do the form and wait for him to contact you. If he take too long, go for other sellere

Sankart

04 Feb 2016, 12:29

Just wanted to let you know that Sprit said he still has some springs in stock. So I ordered, paid with paypal and today I got this:
Spoiler:
I don't know what went wrong with the GB on geekhack, it seems to me, he still tries to fulfill orders.

LeandreN

04 Feb 2016, 17:41

Sankart wrote: Just wanted to let you know that Sprit said he still has some springs in stock. So I ordered, paid with paypal and today I got this:
Spoiler:
I don't know what went wrong with the GB on geekhack, it seems to me, he still tries to fulfill orders.
Seems like he is sending out new orders as fast as he can while ignoring the early GB orders.
I sent him an email right now.

Return to “Group buys”