Silicon Graphics Granite ISO Part number 9500904

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Apr 2015, 14:41

you have quite a Dell collection then? Impressive!

I just noticed something now, the case is warped upward between right control and AltGr. Damn! Oh well, it's not affecting the functionality in any way. Typical of me to take the entire keyboard apart and not notice that! I still would have bought it anyway.
IMG_20150401_145610.jpg
IMG_20150401_145610.jpg (961.34 KiB) Viewed 3211 times

Chyros

01 Apr 2015, 15:00

seebart wrote: you have quite a Dell collection then? Impressive!
Well they're easy to get because they're so ubiquitous I guess xD . I had two 101ws but I disassembled one of them and I had to disassemble the Salmon one too because it was pretty broken (see video). They're an interesting family though, and I like Alps switches :) .

seebart

01 Apr 2015, 15:50

the AT101 with the old logo is not that easy to come by though!

Chyros

01 Apr 2015, 22:34

Got both of mine for free :) . But yeah, they're a bit more rare. I'd defintely recommend both though, excellent stuff. I wish I had an SGI to compare them to...

fohat
Elder Messenger

01 Apr 2015, 23:40

seebart wrote:
I just noticed something now, the case is warped upward between right control and AltGr. Damn!
I had an AT101 like that. My son used it for a couple of years with no problem.

seebart

02 Apr 2015, 13:52

Chyros wrote: Got both of mine for free :) . But yeah, they're a bit more rare. I'd defintely recommend both though, excellent stuff. I wish I had an SGI to compare them to...
The SGI feels a bit more solid in build quality than the Dell but I have no proof of that. I could weigh both.

Yeah fohat your right it's just a cosmetic fault. Still slightly strange, just that one part being warped.

Chyros

02 Apr 2015, 16:08

seebart wrote:
Chyros wrote: Got both of mine for free :) . But yeah, they're a bit more rare. I'd defintely recommend both though, excellent stuff. I wish I had an SGI to compare them to...
The SGI feels a bit more solid in build quality than the Dell but I have no proof of that. I could weigh both.
Do they differ in construction somewhere? Plates thicker or made of another material maybe? The SGI is supposed to be just about the toughest Alps board after the Omnikeys, from what I've heard.

seebart

02 Apr 2015, 16:20

I'll take a look in the next couple of days. Maybe tonight.

SL89

02 Apr 2015, 17:20

Is the 'speckled' like finish actually a finish or paint or something or is that just the type of plastic for the case?

EnthusiastDude

08 Oct 2019, 12:19

Hi all, do you know if the german SGI keycaps are PBT dyesub? The lettering is not cursive so I am wondering if they are completely different or just not cursive.

Myoth

08 Oct 2019, 12:20

They are pbt dye sub, just not italic

Return to “Keyboards”