[IC] Phantom-compatible plates

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 Mar 2015, 12:33

It's made for Filco cases, so you would have nothing to do. I don't think it would work on a QFR though.

Nuum

08 Mar 2015, 12:47

I think the controller of the Filco PCB would collide with the plate, hence the cutout in Filco plates.

chzel

08 Mar 2015, 12:49

Yes, if you want to use the stock Filco PCB, you need to remove the part where the controller is. No other modifications are necessary!

Stabilized

08 Mar 2015, 15:09

Should fit into a QFR case with the modification of the cutout for the controller (or that's what I assume anyways).

Aren't the only differences between the QFR and the Filco the removable cable and the LED placement?

honoka

08 Mar 2015, 17:20

Not to flood the thread, but I can get both my Filco and QFR plate out and examine them for differences.
If it's not too much modding required, I'd buy 5 ISO125-plates. More if needed for MOQ. If anyone has any good input, please PM me. I've been soldering/desoldering my damn boards for too damn long.

Ostrich

08 Mar 2015, 19:19

chzel wrote: Yes, if you want to use the stock Filco PCB, you need to remove the part where the controller is. No other modifications are necessary!
So I should be able to get an ISO125 into my MJ2 TKL if I dremeled out the place for the controller, shouldn't I?
Aluminium would be a lot easier to dremel I think.

I'm just interested in the mounting holes and compatibility if I decided to get the bpiphany pegasus hoof controller.

Also, what is the estimated price tag for a plate, scott?

Arcoril

10 Mar 2015, 01:21

Interested in anywhere from 2-4 ANSI125 plates depending on cost. I'd prefer steel, but aluminum is okay too. I'm in the US, so if shipping is prohibitive then I'm willing to wait until there's a regional buy for North America.

M1K3L08

11 Mar 2015, 15:56

I'd be interested in an ISO 150 Plate, doesnt matter what material

scottc

11 Mar 2015, 16:08

Sorry everybody, like I said previously I'm going to be quite busy for the next 2 weeks or so, so I won't be paying close attention to this thread. I'll update the OP and answer everyones' questions then!

Re: price - I'm not sure yet, but I will keep you updated once I get a chance to continue with this.

TBastiani

12 Mar 2015, 19:11

I'd be interested in 2 steel ANSI 150 plates.

Edit: Steel is my preference. But I'll get alu otherwise.

mprime

14 Mar 2015, 00:52

Does anyone know if this would be the same plate that was a GB on Geekhack (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39410.0) a while ago? I.e. would they be the exact same dimensions?

chzel

14 Mar 2015, 01:21

They should be, they will probably use the same cad files.

CyriusG

17 Mar 2015, 22:12

Would like to change my material from aluminium to any material.

the pokemon kid

19 Mar 2015, 11:48

Scratch that! A local business to me is going to make me one relatively cheap!
Last edited by the pokemon kid on 20 Mar 2015, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Xandr

20 Mar 2015, 12:48

Sign me up for a ISO150 plate. Either material is fine.

Dr.Coffee

24 Mar 2015, 03:29

I'd like one ANSI125(Filco style) Steel mounting plate please.
Last edited by Dr.Coffee on 25 Mar 2015, 01:03, edited 2 times in total.

morkl

24 Mar 2015, 10:28

Sign me up for 1xISO125 and 1xANSI125!

Danboard

28 Mar 2015, 23:36

Very interested in a steel ANSI150! :D

Theanyday

02 Apr 2015, 01:27

I could be in for a 7bit plate. I'd be ok with either steel or aluminum, no preference at this point.

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 20:21

Hey everybody,

First, I'd like to apologise for not really paying as much attention to this recently as I wanted to. I was first away from home for a few weeks, and since I've been back I've spent pretty much all my time looking for a new job. Since I'm currently jobless (Booo! Get a job, hippie!), I neither have the time to keep organising this nor the money to actually build my own Phantom right now.

That said, it looks like there's a lot of interest, so would anybody like to take this over?

Stabilized

02 Apr 2015, 21:03

Sorry to hear that your jobless at the moment!

How far did you get? Did you manage to get some quotes from some laser cutting firms or did you have any in mind?

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 21:17

Ah it's no problem, just very time-consuming trying to find something good!

I hadn't been in contact with anyone yet since I was away for a while and just back a week ago. I had planned to get in touch with http://www.lasermaster.co.uk/ (who are meant to be quite good), and www.laserteile4you.de/home.html (who 7bit recommended, but I don't speak German).

I also had a handful of individual plates cut through QWERTim, who was great. I think he had it bundled in with some of QWERKeys' switch testers, but it was really cheap. I meant to contact him but he's not been active recently.

elecplus

02 Apr 2015, 21:18

@scottc, please see PM :-)

scottc

02 Apr 2015, 21:27

Thanks, I got it. :)

Pby

05 Apr 2015, 14:55

@scottc, good luck with the job hunt.

I'd be interested in an ANSI150 in any material.

Jersern

17 Apr 2015, 08:48

Will this still go ahead? Really want a plate for my Phantom which has been sitting aside for quite a while now.

scottc

17 Apr 2015, 12:38

From above:
scottc wrote: Hey everybody,

First, I'd like to apologise for not really paying as much attention to this recently as I wanted to. I was first away from home for a few weeks, and since I've been back I've spent pretty much all my time looking for a new job. Since I'm currently jobless (Booo! Get a job, hippie!), I neither have the time to keep organising this nor the money to actually build my own Phantom right now.

That said, it looks like there's a lot of interest, so would anybody like to take this over?
Nobody has volunteered to take it over and I still don't really have the time right now.

I have worked out a new job, but I'm now going to be abroad for the next 2-3 months as a result so I can't take it on now.

rsadek

18 Apr 2015, 08:20

What would taking it over entail?

scottc

18 Apr 2015, 11:41

Talking to manufacturers, handling money, receiving plates, sending them to everyone.

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2015, 11:45

GBs are fun!

Return to “Group buys”