elecplus

11 May 2015, 17:35

robpaulson

11 May 2015, 22:39

Does it come with topre switches? XD

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

12 May 2015, 05:42

Geez I just imagined if I had one and was typing on the surface of my desk. Feels terrible.

I really hope this doesn't take off doing this in school would really suck.

elecplus

12 May 2015, 16:10

I guess no one looked at the date too closely... Jan 2012!
Evidently these ideas did not take off very well :-)

Sigmoid

12 May 2015, 16:17

It kind of did, you can get these on Amazon. The customer reviews are pretty mixed tho, as you'd expect.

Muirium
µ

12 May 2015, 16:53

I used a projected keyboard in a Microsoft Store while I was in America. Honestly, it was the best feeling keyboard in the place. And that's no compliment!

andrewjoy

12 May 2015, 17:14

it kind of looks like a terrible idea to me. I mean how can you touch type on something like that , no feedback whatsoever.

Muirium
µ

12 May 2015, 17:24

It's much like a touchscreen, only way less convenient. I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather type on glass than bad domes or Cherry MY. No feedback and no travel are better to me than bad feedback and mush. But that's like choosing to be shot in the toe instead of the knee.

andrewjoy

12 May 2015, 17:26

but at least with a touch screen you get feedback if you have the vibrate function on . ( i don't as i don't touch type on a phone) and the image reacts. With this you may as well be drumming a funky beat on your desk.

Muirium
µ

12 May 2015, 17:28

I never type with that crap on. Better to embrace the fact you're typing on a cold sheet of uncaring glass than to try to trick yourself it's a keyboard. Works well for me. Faking it would not. They're different. Deal.

This is also why I like the new MacBook keyboard. It doesn't even try to be a sloppy short throw chiclet board. This is a good thing. Next to no throw is better than half measures executed poorly.

Chyros

12 May 2015, 19:19

That looks revolting. Where is the clicky?!

Return to “Keyboards”