PHANTOM Plates (Shipped)

chzel

21 May 2015, 21:45

PHANTOM Plate Group Buy

This is a Group Buy for Phantom plates (DXFs are here, bottom of page)
First of all, a big thank you to scottc for starting his IC and getting me off my ass to start this!

All layouts will be available (ANSI125, ANSI150, ISO125, ISO150, 7bit)
Materials are 304 stainless, or aluminium 1050 series.
Finish is satin/matte-ish on the top (there will be some blemishes), bottom will be brushed for deburring.

Prices will be: 15€ for aluminium and 20€ for steel.
Depending on the specifics of the order, we might get a slightly better price but don't hold your breath.

To order, PM me with "Phantom GB" in the subject and the message something like the following format:

Code: Select all

Username
Paypal email (if you need SEPA just write SEPA!)
Full address (including name)

qt material layout
a  bbbbb    cccccc
1  steel    ANSI125
.  .....    ........
x  yyyyy    zzzzzzz
They will be shipped 1st class registered mail, and you can calculate postage here. (use irregular letter).
The steel plate (ANSI125) weighs in at 270g and the aluminium (ISO150) at 100g.
Keep in mind that the aluminium ones will need reinforcement for shipping (unless bought together with a steel one) so add a minimum of 150-200g to the weight.
(As a rough guide, shipping to Europe up to 500g is 8.40€ and up to 1kg 11.20€, rest of the world 9.20€ and 15€ respectively)

Payment via Paypal (fees on you) or -if necessary- SEPA (my bank has a 4€ fee for incoming payments, so I'll have to pass it on you.)

Timeline:
Taking orders until 7/6/2015 Orders closed
Invoicing and payments from 7/6/2015 All orders paid.
Manufacturing approx. 7-10 days
Shipping will start as soon as I have the plates on hand.ALL SHIPPED

Samples:
Spoiler:

The ANSI125 is steel and the ISO150 is aluminum. Ignore the 60%!
PS:I am open to adding a universal 60% plate, provided we can find a tested plate design in time.
Register your interest in your order and we'll see.
If we can't do it this time,
I am open for a 60% GB at a later date.

PPS: If you have any suggestions fire away!
Last edited by chzel on 01 Jul 2015, 18:51, edited 6 times in total.

scottc

21 May 2015, 21:49

Wooooo! Thanks Chzel! :)

meow a cat

21 May 2015, 23:14

Ordered! Will international (I'm in Canada) orders ship with tracking by default? Not sure what the differences between 1st Class vs. 2nd Class or Registered vs. Simple are.

Thanks for running this GB Chzel!

chzel

21 May 2015, 23:22

meow a cat wrote: Ordered! Will international (I'm in Canada) orders ship with tracking by default? Not sure what the differences between 1st Class vs. 2nd Class or Registered vs. Simple are.

Thanks for running this GB Chzel!
You're welcome!
All orders will ship with tracking (Registered)! 2nd class is slower and with no tracking (Simple).

Acanthophis

22 May 2015, 10:47

I know GB is already live, but I'm now in a need for a Phantom plate. I really want to do this. Possible?

Stabilized

22 May 2015, 11:40

Just PM'd with my order, thanks chzel for doing this :D

beltet

22 May 2015, 12:27

I'm no big fan of TKL, but maybe will get one and wire up one for my friend.
Anyone know if a pro micro would be sufficient?

scottc

22 May 2015, 12:35

Probably too few pins...

Nuum

22 May 2015, 13:47

PM sent! Thanks for doing this.

meow a cat

22 May 2015, 13:50

Is it possible for us to do the Phantom plates with the short right shift? I'm not sure what they were called, I can't find them on the Phantom wiki, but I've seen pictures of them.

I know it's a little bit late to be asking this, but I forgot about it until now. :P

Acanthophis

22 May 2015, 13:58

7bit's layout has right 1.75 u shift + 1 u, but his bottom row is just too crazy :D

meow a cat

22 May 2015, 14:09

Yeah, it's a bit too funky for me. :D

Looking for one similar to this board:

I'm not sure if the short right shift exists in a layout with a full-size backspace though?

Acanthophis

22 May 2015, 14:40

You can do whatever layout you want with the switch positions provided by the PCB. Making a plate accordingly and get enough people together so cost(s) per plate is decent is another story ;)

meow a cat

22 May 2015, 14:59

Acanthophis wrote: You can do whatever layout you want with the switch positions provided by the PCB. Making a plate accordingly and get enough people together so cost(s) per plate is decent is another story ;)
Yeah, it's a bit of a shame that the Phantom can't be PCB mount, I think that would solve a lot of problems for people who want Phantoms.

After a bit more research, the layout in the photo from Glod that I posted is a WhiteFireDragon Phantom plate, so I guess it probably wasn't open-source like the other Phantom plates.

Oh well, I have no issues with having another standard winkeyless Phantom. That short right shift would make a great FN though!

Thanks again for running this GB Chzel, Phantom plates have been in short supply for a long time now! I've been wanting a second Phantom for awhile. :D

chzel

22 May 2015, 20:05

Acanthophis wrote: I know GB is already live, but I'm now in a need for a Phantom plate. I really want to do this. Possible?
meow a cat wrote: Is it possible for us to do the Phantom plates with the short right shift? I'm not sure what they were called, I can't find them on the Phantom wiki, but I've seen pictures of them.

I know it's a little bit late to be asking this, but I forgot about it until now. :P
I am afraid there will be no extra layouts at this time (with the possible exception of the 60% plate).
The company I'm using doesn't normally do small orders and because they are a connection through my work I'd rather not take advantage of their "good will".
If this works out OK, I am fine with another round, provided there is enough interest.

Daniel

22 May 2015, 21:22

Ordered :)

Theanyday

22 May 2015, 23:52

PM my order! :mrgreen:

chzel

23 May 2015, 00:46

Theanyday wrote: PM my order! :mrgreen:
:?:
Are you sure? I don't see a PM!

Theanyday

23 May 2015, 05:08

chzel wrote:
Theanyday wrote: PM my order! :mrgreen:
:?:
Are you sure? I don't see a PM!
Really? I have the copy in my email. :?: :?

Edit* I think I sent an email instead of PM. Sorry about that, you should have a PM now. :P

TBastiani

26 May 2015, 14:47

Ordered! :-D

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

27 May 2015, 11:25

Ordered! Pls check your pm :D

meow a cat

27 May 2015, 12:40

Just out of curiosity, is there an MOQ for this GB?

chzel

27 May 2015, 22:42

meow a cat wrote: Just out of curiosity, is there an MOQ for this GB?
Not really, but the more orders the better.

Acanthophis

28 May 2015, 05:53

Any news on a universal 60%?

Phill1

28 May 2015, 21:24

PM sent?

chzel

28 May 2015, 21:33

Sorry, I should have updated, so far I have PMs from:
meow a cat
Stabilized
Nuum
Daniel
theanyday
twiddle
morkl
TBastiani
shreebles
quochung1989
Phill1
Strafe

If anyone is missing, contact me!

No news yet for the 60%.

Sayso

28 May 2015, 23:24

Pm order (hmm reply is the correct word)
Ty ;)

hargon

29 May 2015, 18:41

Unfortunately, I'm searching for an ISO150 60% plate ... maybe I shoud just cut a TKL plate down afterwards by hand :twisted:

Acanthophis

30 May 2015, 14:40

Universal 60% also supports ISO150, we just need a DFX ^^

hargon

30 May 2015, 15:08

And need it TODAY :D

Return to “Group buys”