Is Geekhack down?

CLiB

29 Jun 2015, 23:30

From the GH Facebook page:
Our 8+ year relationship with our datacenter provider was terminated today. When we have a plan, we'll let you know...
Not looking good...

jbondeson

29 Jun 2015, 23:40

Was GH running on a physical or virtual server?

Air tree

29 Jun 2015, 23:51

This is quite sad, it looks like we'll be without GH for a while...

Halvar

29 Jun 2015, 23:54

This seems to be taking a few days. :(

@Admins: What do you think of renaming this ill-named thread, moving the refugee camp forum out of the "archive" subforum and moving this thread there?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

29 Jun 2015, 23:55

Did the datacenter throw a fit about the DDoS? Something seems off.

jbondeson

30 Jun 2015, 00:02

Blaise170 wrote: Did the datacenter throw a fit about the DDoS? Something seems off.
That's really not that uncommon, especially if it was hosted at a smaller data center. Just like credit card processors, when they deem you too much of a risk they cut you off.

andrewjoy

30 Jun 2015, 00:04

jbondeson wrote: Was GH running on a physical or virtual server?

I dont know , i am guessing it was physical , it would not take that long to move a VM

Muirium
µ

30 Jun 2015, 00:05

Halvar wrote: This seems to be taking a few days. :(
Yeah, not good. Can't say I understand what they're up to over there.
Halvar wrote: @Admins: What do you think of renaming this ill-named thread, moving the refugee camp forum out of the "archive" subforum and moving this thread there?
Good ideas. I just renamed this thread and popped it into the "Geekhacker Refugee Camp". I'm not going to touch that forum itself though, as it's been around forever and I don't know its story. Webwit can pick what, if anything, to do with it. At least now "GH down" searches and the forum spy lead to somewhere more appropriate than before.

kebby

30 Jun 2015, 00:26

@geekhackinfo: Our 8+ year relationship with our datacenter provider was officially terminated today. When we have a plan, we'll let you know.
This sheds some light on why they're still down.

Never mind. I'm blind and only read the comments after the one where this was already posted. :P

suicidal_orange

30 Jun 2015, 00:40

Finally breaking my silence, I was thinking this was all some big scheme with the reappearance set to coincide with the new ctrlalt site and huge Bro sale, but seems I'm wrong. Not sure I can cope with DT as my new home as the brightness of the theme makes my main monitor squeal but sounds like I'm going to get used to it! At least there's some orange in the header :lol:

Tyrosh22

30 Jun 2015, 00:41

Damn!

wlhlm
~

30 Jun 2015, 00:43

suicidal_orange wrote: Finally breaking my silence, I was thinking this was all some big scheme with the reappearance set to coincide with the new ctrlalt site and huge Bro sale, but seems I'm wrong. Not sure I can cope with DT as my new home as the brightness of the theme makes my main monitor squeal but sounds like I'm going to get used to it! At least there's some orange in the header :lol:
Hello and welcome! :)

inanis

30 Jun 2015, 00:55

That Sadster key has never been more appropriate, JD. :(

Muirium
µ

30 Jun 2015, 01:03

Real DTers browse in inverse colour mode at night. I surely do. The white gives me a headache in under a second!

jbondeson

30 Jun 2015, 01:05

I just use flux. Keeps that evil blue light away.

BlueBär

30 Jun 2015, 01:08

Muirium wrote: Real DTers browse in inverse colour mode at night. I surely do. The white gives me a headache in under a second!
You need some lighting behind your monitor then, stop hurting your eyes :o

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Jun 2015, 01:11

Lol, the refugee camp is back.

Belfong

30 Jun 2015, 01:17

vivalarevolución wrote:Lol, the refugee camp is back.
Definitely worth a few chuckles. Ha ha!

Heedpantsnow

30 Jun 2015, 01:22

Checking in for therapy :-(

Sed8op8

30 Jun 2015, 01:24

Heedpantsnow wrote: Checking in for therapy :-(
Same here :shock:

SL89

30 Jun 2015, 01:24

Muirium wrote: Real DTers browse in inverse colour mode at night. I surely do. The white gives me a headache in under a second!
night... theme... :P

Asdfjkl36

30 Jun 2015, 01:30

This makes me sad :(

pbtforever

30 Jun 2015, 01:34

:shock: Again?

This sure happens a lot.

suicidal_orange

30 Jun 2015, 01:36

BlueBär wrote:
You need some lighting behind your monitor then, stop hurting your eyes :o
What's wrong with inverse? It's much less painful than default bright white to my eyes, and I'm talking just as much about word processor/spreadsheet background colour as the theme here. The first thing I do when forced to use a new computer at work is swap the white to pale grey/green/blue (dependant on mood) so it's actually usable.

Heedpantsnow

30 Jun 2015, 01:37

I thought that it was white to match the gloves DTers use to hold their keyboards with

JaccoW

30 Jun 2015, 01:38

Sed8op8 wrote:
Heedpantsnow wrote: Checking in for therapy :-(
Same here :shock:
Wait... what nigh theme?

SL89

30 Jun 2015, 01:40

There is no night theme.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jun 2015, 01:41

You didn't find the night theme setting?

SL89

30 Jun 2015, 01:43

Are you messing with me? I can't find it anywhere. :(

BlueBär

30 Jun 2015, 02:03

I guess it's easy to miss:
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 5177 times

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”