IBM SSK club!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

14 May 2015, 00:44

If you had one like halvars or monster toys, you could use the power button on the keyboard to turn your tv on! :mrgreen:

andrewjoy

14 May 2015, 00:47

the ones with the big buttons are my favourite

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

14 May 2015, 01:07

Yeah the one that larryniven has is the nicest.

Really want to know what contacts he has in china...

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 May 2015, 19:26

Here is my SSK which I use at work since about a year in its natural habitat. Don't judge our funky cable management!

It fits just perfect:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 May 2015, 19:31

Stop sending me pics of red buckling spring artisan caps!

chzel

30 May 2015, 19:42

Beautiful pics Madhias!

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 May 2015, 20:33

chzel wrote: Beautiful pics Madhias!
Thanks! I thought about a server room session for a long time, and today I found some free time to make a fast shooting. It is our server room, which is now way too big, since everything runs now on VMware vSphere, two servers, some storages and enclosures, a firewall, a spam firewall, a switch, and that's it.

On the last pic is the place where the Compaq G80-11900 was which I used for a keyboard customizing session.

HAL

30 May 2015, 20:58

very nice pictures

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

30 May 2015, 21:17

Very nice pics but why do you have an artisan cap on a board that just sits in a server room? :/

chzel

30 May 2015, 21:21

It doesn't just sit there...It's getting used there! And I guess it's a controlled environment, so it's not going anywhere!

snoopy

30 May 2015, 21:39

Nice! How many people asked 'what does the roboter key do?' :-)

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 May 2015, 22:03

Haha, the roboter key! Actually the keyboard is used two floors down, and everything is done remotely. Up there is just a DELL rubberdome, because I took the Compaq with Cherry MX Browns with me :)
chzel wrote: It doesn't just sit there...It's getting used there! And I guess it's a controlled environment, so it's not going anywhere!
With redundant air conditioning!

andrewjoy

31 May 2015, 03:17

Madhias wrote: Here is my SSK which I use at work since about a year in its natural habitat. Don't judge our funky cable management!

It fits just perfect:

ooo what rack-mount try is that I WANT ONE! I need a second SSK then when i move on from my current job i can leave it in the rack, whoever notices how awesome the SSK in the rack is get the job.

E TwentyNine

13 Jun 2015, 00:34

Rack mount is likely why the industrial SSK's exist, they fit perfect in those trays.

Snowdog993

30 Jun 2015, 04:36

I suppose I can post my SSK's.

Lexmark 1397961 SSK
IBM 1392934 SSK

There are a lot more pictures at http://snowdog993.imgur.com/
Enjoy!

nickheller

30 Jun 2015, 04:48

Here's mine :)

CommonCurt

30 Jun 2015, 04:49

1991 SSK restored by Phosphorglow with his custom controller, and USB-B input.

nickheller

30 Jun 2015, 04:50

CommonCurt wrote: 1991 SSK restored by Phosphorglow with his custom controller, and USB-B input.
Nice! I had phosphorglow restore mine too! I stuck with the stock controller though because for some reason I like the way the coiled cable looks.

Snowdog993

30 Jun 2015, 05:06

I guess I forgot to mention Phosphorglow on those pictures. Shame on me! He did both of my SSK's and several other keyboards I have. I believe the Imgur album gives him a bit of PR there. Take a look!

nickheller

30 Jun 2015, 05:08

He does great work, he'll get all of my future model m's.

CommonCurt

30 Jun 2015, 05:22

nickheller wrote:
CommonCurt wrote: 1991 SSK restored by Phosphorglow with his custom controller, and USB-B input.
Nice! I had phosphorglow restore mine too! I stuck with the stock controller though because for some reason I like the way the coiled cable looks.
Thanks. Yeah he does top notch work. I probably would have just went with the stock controller if the one in this board didn't need to be replaced. I do like having the USB-B input though :D

nickheller

30 Jun 2015, 06:09

CommonCurt wrote:
nickheller wrote:
Thanks. Yeah he does top notch work. I probably would have just went with the stock controller if the one in this board didn't need to be replaced. I do like having the USB-B input though :D
Pretty sure the custom controller is programable also. I did not know I wanted that until I started using my HHKB, now I really want caps lock to be control. I can just use autohotkey though, just gotta figure out how to use it.

CommonCurt

30 Jun 2015, 06:21

Yeah, it's programmable. I usually don't need programability in a TKL, but it's still nice to know it's there if I do.

nickheller

30 Jun 2015, 06:26

That's a nice bro cap as well, hopefully I can grab one for mine in the upcoming sale.

Madhias
BS TORPE

20 Aug 2015, 22:30

Another picture of my SSK, this time on a doka plate.

The caps are only for the picture, I could not use it without legends though.

HAL

20 Aug 2015, 23:26

Madhias wrote: Image
Very nice. Tell us about that cable:
Pexon?
How long is it?
PS/2 or USB?
What?
When?

Cool ... drool

Hypersphere

21 Aug 2015, 00:09

@Madhias:
Here is my SSK which I use at work since about a year in its natural habitat. Don't judge our funky cable management!
At least you have some differently colored cables. I have a setup akin to yours, but the cables are all yellow!

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Aug 2015, 08:58

Hypersphere wrote: @Madhias:
At least you have some differently colored cables. I have a setup akin to yours, but the cables are all yellow!
We are moving to a new office in about 2 months, to an as our boss says "sexy" office. There we will have better cable management, let's see how long it will be like that then! We don't have a big setup, a big switch, some small switches, a small vSphere environment with about 15 servers on two ESX servers, SAN, some enclosures, and soon also a VDI!
HAL wrote: Very nice. Tell us about that cable:
Pexon?
How long is it?
PS/2 or USB?
What?
When?

Cool ... drool
It's really a nice cable from Pexon, color is copperhead with a techflex carbon sleeving, maybe a little bit too short, it is 2ft long/short - but goes then directly to the hub of the screen, so no big deal. USB! I made a rather... creative USB mod, with a Teensie.
Spoiler:

snoopy

21 Aug 2015, 09:26

Madhias wrote: Another picture of my SSK, this time on a doka plate.

reminds me that I want to order some blank keycaps for my ssks. Nice board!

Khers

21 Aug 2015, 14:39

snoopy wrote:
Madhias wrote: Another picture of my SSK, this time on a doka plate.

[SSK image]

reminds me that I want to order some blank keycaps for my ssks. Nice board!
Reminds me that my blank keycaps for my SSK are in California with Mu's brother :cry:

Return to “Gallery”