Topre spare keycaps no more

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Dec 2013, 09:45

PBT space bars are all but easy (even for the Chinese). I've seen pbt spacebars bent all over the places. Only recently they've been able to optimize production and build very nice *thick* spacebars. Indeed next year we will see very nice PBT sets.

Muirium
µ

22 Dec 2013, 12:20

Two of these Ducky space bars are PBT, by the way:
Come on, embrace the yellow, you know it's drawing you! (The white one's quite nice too.)

cookie

23 Dec 2013, 11:41

@Mu: Yummi! I'd love to have a nice thick pbt spacebar on my HHKB!
@Elrick: I can understand you, it is ridiculous that topre isn't putting pbt spacebars on their products :( If you keep in mind that good mx boards already have those the realforce and hhkb products feel kind of lame :/ But they are so nice to type on!

fkeidjn

01 Jul 2015, 19:14

Sorry, dead thread revival...

Have there been any updates on aftermarket keycaps for Topre boards?

...because my situation is rather awkward: Somehow I managed to break one-half of the keystem while pulling out the TAB key, and yes, while gently using a keycap puller (I was pulling out keycaps to clean out my HHKB for the first time after 5 years of use). So all I'm looking to replace is a black tab key for my HHKB, and I'm totally stumped on who is selling just the tab keycap. I don't exactly want to buy to buy an entire keycap set just for the tab key (I look at it in this case as buying a very expensive tab keycap...). I mean I could replace the Topre keystems for the MX-compatible stems, but that would mean buying a NovaTouch or Noppoo EC108, just for parts.

So that leads to my next question: Does anyone know if CM or Noppoo has any plans on selling Topre MX-compatible keystems anytime soon? Perhaps I could fit in those keystems and use an MX tab keycap (which means I need to do some research on the keycap profile for the HHKB), and just call it quits for the day?

While we're at it, how about any possibility of selling spare springs and membranes?? I can imagine at least Noppoo taking up that opportunity

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

01 Jul 2015, 19:59

I'm working on topre keys but they are not exact reproductions of OEM topre keys. They will be in SCM profile.
If I remember Muirium sent me a link for single replacement topre keys. You might want to send him or 002 a pm if they don't chime in on this

Return to “News”