WASD Keyboards Group Buy Order Form [US COMPLETE, EU DELIVERED]

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 21:07

All items dispatched from WASD! All US buyers expect your items soon. UK/EU allow ~2 weeks! (20/08/15).

US orders: will ship immediately if stock is present. Else, it will ship once available.
EU orders: will ship once all items are available (anticipated mid-end August).

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

After the amazing response to the interest checks I've been bombarding you all with, I thought I'd get this order form up as soon as possible!
The order form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gtnVcK ... =send_form

In short, I aim to place an order for the Europeans among us and have it delivered to me. From here, I'll forward your items to you. This is cheaper than individual shipping. There is a discount on top of this, too. Ideally, we will place an order for at least 10 keyboards. Be aware that the shipping price for European shipping is a worst-case value. For a lot of people, it will be less (e.g. shipping to France is only €22, visit https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk for quotes).

You don't have to order a keyboard, either. If you were after accessories, these can be ordered on their own at a reduced price (and cheaper shipping than quoted on the order form e.g. O-Rings would be shipped direct from WASD at $7.10). This includes custom keycap sets: for these, please provide an Imgur link in the additional items section of the form with the layout you want.

There will be a flat rate discount of 10% on all items for any non-Europeans among us who still want to be involved. Your items will be sent direct by WASD at their listed shipping prices.

This will run for a few weeks yet. If all of the items requested are in stock, the order will be placed sooner rather than later. If not, we must wait until WASD restock in mid-August. Invoices will go out around this time. Prices on the invoice could be slightly less than those quoted on the order form.

If anybody has any questions or concerns, let me know!
Last edited by pizza_is_a_lie on 25 Aug 2015, 15:37, edited 27 times in total.

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 21:43

Any interest in letting in us European ANSI guys? I'd like a Code TKL, but I much prefer ANSI. I'd tear the caps straight off it anyway!

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 21:58

I mean - I don't see why not! Unless WASD were gonna offer a discount on a particular unit, that would be fine, I'm sure of it! :mrgreen:

SL89

02 Jul 2015, 22:05

The Code was my First (Clears) and Second (Green) boards. I highly recommend them. Costar stabs, steel plate, optional backlight (white, no haxxxor lights) and a very subdued case. I cannot recommend them enough. Even after using other boards (filcos, CM, and whatnot) I find that WASD and CODE boards to be very nice.

BTW WASD also offers a (non backlit) version of the CODE with no caps (barebones) with all of the switch options for the CODE.

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 22:07

Yeah - also a very similar price!

Although, for simplicity's sake, a Code is a Code. It might be harder to orchestrate a WASD board sale where there's various different keycap requests! Though, I'm not ruling it out just yet! :)

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 22:18

Only consider the ANSI brigade if more of us show up. I'm a cheapskate, and although I was very impressed with the Code when I briefly played with one at HaaTa's keyboard meet at GitHub, I'm price sensitive indeed. Especially here in tax mental Britain.

@Sleighty: how do the caps differ on the white backlit code vs. no light version?

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 22:29

Updated main post: Early talks with WASD indicate that there may be an opportunity to recieve, at least, a 10% discount on such an order. I'll keep you all updated!

SL89

02 Jul 2015, 22:31

Pizza, I was just talking about the barebones one. No keycaps included. It would be very simple, just get WASD or CODE with ANSI or ISO. That is 4 possible variations. Nothing complicated about it. Either way, if its just the CODE. It's still a great board. Good job on trying to put this together.

Edit:

@Muirium, the CODE comes with see through caps that are backlight compatible. (POM jelly maybe?) they are rather sub par. The WASD comes with similar (non backlight compatible) caps, but i was speaking mostly to the barebones WASD which comes with NO caps.

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 22:36

Ah! Sorry, I'm so negligent towards the finer detail :P I personally don't see a problem with it. In fact, it may take the strain off both myself (who wants to make up the numbers) and WASD (who will only have a limited ISO inventory). Thanks, too :)

Muirium
µ

02 Jul 2015, 22:37

Fair enough. Much as expected then. WASD might pride themselves on the customisation of their caps, but most all of us here are too snobby to want any of their wares. We've got plenty of fancy caps of our own already, thanks.

SL89

02 Jul 2015, 22:46

They are great for what they are, possibly the best most customizable keycap maker. But its not up to DeskThority snuff. The Code ones shined very fast, I can't speak for the OG WASD ones.

pizza_is_a_lie

02 Jul 2015, 22:54

In that case, I will put it to them that it may be a mixed, yet standard, order ;-)

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 08:31

Post updated: prices from WASD confirmed :)

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2015, 11:47

£111 for an ANSI TKL Code with Clears, eh. Before customs slaps £22 VAT on top, plus a similar amount for handling? Hmm…

How big are the boxes? Perhaps I'll just do my usual and wait until I'm over the U.S. on holiday!

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 13:25

Sorry, maybe it's not clear - that price INCLUDES the shipping tax in to the UK! I'ma charge no handling, maybe only a few quid to cover my back. It'll be about £120/125 if you're in the UK!

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2015, 13:51

That's not too bad. Have you imported before? Customs have a horrible habit of slapping on random fees. I've suffered many times…

http://deskthority.net/post186348.html#p186348

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 14:16

To be honest, I've never ever been struck with fees but that's because my orders have never been large enough. I understand there's also possibly a 2.5% charge (on top of the 20% that's accounted for in pricing) on the order which I'd take as a hit personally unless I could cover it because I've rounded up my prices to the next whole unit!

Okay - just seen the picture too. I'll assume the worst: 20% tax, 2.5% charge and £8 handling. That's fine.

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2015, 14:40

That was £8 handling on a tiny little bubblemailer of keycaps. I think the highest I was hit was about £90 for a box of four Kishsavers, but I need to check my records. Fortunately I was splitting that one four ways, Jesus!

By the way: anything declared over £15 goes into customs hell. Britain: literally the worst place to import in the whole EU! They even tax gifts, and include the shipping towards the taxed value. It's insane.

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 15:26

I think it should be OK. The £8 appears to be a fixed price and the duty of 20% probably would amount to a sizable figure. If I encounter any other costs which I wasn't anticipating, I won't hesitate to contest it or what-not. Before I give the green light to this GB - if I get the interest - I'll nip down to my local Post Office and see what they say. I may even email FedEx.

kvad

03 Jul 2015, 15:31

GBP 69 for a bare TKL seems a pretty great price! For those of us in Europe, but not in the EU - is there any way to avoid having to pay double VAT (first in the UK, and then in country of destination)?

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 17:26

I've had a think about this one and I'm not too sure, I'm afraid! What country are you in?

kvad

03 Jul 2015, 18:15

I'm in Norway. There's probably some way of getting the UK VAT back when it's for export, but I'm guessing that would require lots of paper work, which probably doesn't make much sense for something like this (and possibly might only be possible if you're a business). The other option is to mark it with a lower price on shipment out of the UK, but I suppose that's not so attractive either if they are lost in transit.

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2015, 18:17

Go to the US on your holidays. Put it in your luggage. I can't tell you how I know this works. And no you can't look in my bag…

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 18:43

kvad wrote: I'm in Norway. There's probably some way of getting the UK VAT back when it's for export, but I'm guessing that would require lots of paper work, which probably doesn't make much sense for something like this (and possibly might only be possible if you're a business). The other option is to mark it with a lower price on shipment out of the UK, but I suppose that's not so attractive either if they are lost in transit.
I think this may only be the case if I was VAT registered. I don't think there would be a problem having WASD ship the item directly to you. I could do this for approximately $190 with standard int'l post or $210 priority, not including your local fees.

pizza_is_a_lie

03 Jul 2015, 19:57

Updated with early interest form!

pizza_is_a_lie

04 Jul 2015, 00:55

Some shopping around would suggest that we can make a saving of 40% on the shipping price to the UK (saving another £4/$5/€5 each approx). I'll evaluate this tomorrow and also double-check all of the prices I've provided. I'll also check for cheaper options when it comes to forwarding from the UK.

Come Monday PM, I'll aim to get accurate shipping dimensions from WASD and confirm whether these prices are in the right ball park and whether WASD would allow for a third-party courier (for those interested, it's Transglobal Express).

pizza_is_a_lie

05 Jul 2015, 16:59

Cheapest shipping I can find is as follows:

UK > UK: http://www.collectplus.co.uk/
  • £4.89 (+£3 for £150 insurance, up to 2kg & 60x50x50cm)
UK > EU: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/
  • £16.36 (up to £250 insurance, up to 2kg & LxWxH<90cm)
Both services will deliver to your door. Those weights and dimensions will definitely cover a board, at least. It should also allow some breathing room for if anybody wanted any add-ons with their order!

Muirium
µ

05 Jul 2015, 17:05

Try myhermes.co.uk they're as cheap as chips.

pizza_is_a_lie

05 Jul 2015, 17:10

Over £20 for most EU countries on their international site, £3.98 within the UK.

But, myhermes don't compensate on electronic goods! CollectPlus have a default £50 cover and will cover electronics D:

Muirium
µ

05 Jul 2015, 17:15

Yeah, shipping outside Britain gets costly wherever you look. I think I managed it for about £12 once but I forget the carrier. Perhaps Yodel?

We're not Ripoff Britannia for nought, sir. We pay handsomely for that privilege!

Return to “Group buys”