Upload multiple images at once

Engicoder

09 Jul 2015, 01:52

I just started contributing to the wiki, and am planning on adding many images in the future. Is there any way to upload multiple images as once? For a given keyboard, I usually have 10-15 images.
On the mediawiki site, I saw this extension https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MultiUpload not sure if how that would work with the meta information that is added to each image.

Thoughts?

Am I just lazy? :oops:

tactica

09 Jul 2015, 03:08

Engicoder wrote: Thoughts?
Am I just lazy? :oops:
No, you're only trying to save time, there's nothing wrong with that :) I haven't looked at the extension you mentioned, but there are ways to save time that you may have overlooked. Start with the instructions for uploading images mentioned here:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Help:Uploading_images

Notice the trick with the clipboard manager.

I suppose one could copy&paste the Filedesc template multiple times in the form as separate entries for every image, but for now you can't really upload several archives at once unless I'm missing something.

tactica

15 Jul 2015, 15:02

I just found out this extension is no longer maintained. MsUpload is stable and maintained and promises to do the same and more, but I'm not sure whether this will support the filedesc template in the middle. Thoughts?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Jul 2015, 15:27

It would be practical to have multi upload but if it does not support the template too bad. Forget it.

tactica

15 Jul 2015, 15:40

I just PM'ed Webwit, maybe he can install it and do a quick check.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 16:41

If we lose the whole wiki, it's on you!

tactica

15 Jul 2015, 16:49

Why would you care anyway :P

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jul 2015, 16:50

Not now. :geek: I'm in France, eating oysters.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 16:58

Dee-lish.

@Tactica: I made like *one* page, once. I've skin in the game too! Kinda.

Anyway, I concede that the wiki drives a lot of our overall traffic. People new to the forum* forever say they came for the wiki and stayed for the talk. Of course, they very seldom came *to contribute to* the wiki. Quite different things!

*Not me though. I came here after watching a few of Mr. Interface's videos. I liked his style and lack of stupid music and other nonsense. So I was keen to follow his link. Liked what I saw. Didn't even notice the DT wiki for a while once I was here. Which is fairly unusual and might explain a lot!

seebart

15 Jul 2015, 17:35

webwit wrote:Not now. :geek: I'm in France, eating oysters.
Ahh what a brilliant post. I love it. And we bug him with wiki stuff. :D

I did notice the wiki at fist but went to the picture threads and got blown away. The photography is a big part for me.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jul 2015, 19:36

Where's my food blog here? I can't find it. Yesterday I had some foie gras, which was great, and an Atlantic Bouillabaisse, which I regretted. My gf had a monkfish which was better. Had a heavy lunch today, enough fish food for now, so for dinner just a simple charcuterie with salad.

seebart

15 Jul 2015, 19:39

Wow upscale French cuisine. Wild duck style. Looks good.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jul 2015, 19:47

Just little sea coast restaurants really. Not a McDonald's in sight, although we just walked past a pizza venting machine. The corruption is creeping in!

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 20:07

You wouldn't like coastal Scotland. The fanciest we do here is a chip butty with salt and sauce, an Irn-Bru and a Topic. The gulls sure like it, in any case.

tactica

15 Jul 2015, 20:12

That's all very nice but this forum is for the wiki :P Please open a separate thread if you want to go on.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jul 2015, 22:01

Unfortunately the browser in this internet cafe automatically translated your message into French.

Did you say I should use the wiki to post food recipes? Hmm, that would create some nice variation.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Jul 2015, 23:24

In my continuous motivational and therefore on-topic preparation to give this mod a quick try, we today ate Normandy mussels in Etretat. Place was a hell-hole tourist trap last time I went there, over 30 years ago as a kid with my parents, and it's even worse now. Crowded with fat Belgian, German and Dutch tourists and their shitty children, eating the shitty food from tourist traps. Took the oblig pictures. Fuck they even illuminate the cliffs at night. Went to a well-reviewed restaurant just off the main streets. Mussels were great. I'll stop having fries in France, ironically they can't do it.

seebart

16 Jul 2015, 23:40

These are some serious travel updates you're giving us. :lol:

Muirium
µ

16 Jul 2015, 23:43

I'm looking forward to his trip to Torquay.

seebart

16 Jul 2015, 23:48

Muirium wrote: I'm looking forward to his trip to Torquay.
Yup that's a classic. But probably not webwit's standard.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”