The Granite aftermarket thread

Elk

12 Sep 2015, 18:11

Here are my leftovers from MD R3. Please forgive me about caps that might be upside down.

20151012 : Updated image.

I also have two ISO Enter keys (one text, one icon) in DCS profile.
20150922_153505.jpg
20150922_153505.jpg (371.28 KiB) Viewed 20647 times
Please let me know if you need anything.

Shipping in EU starts at 1 € uninsured/untracked.
Shipping to NA starts at 2 € uninsured/untracked.
Last edited by Elk on 12 Oct 2015, 15:09, edited 4 times in total.

ideus

12 Sep 2015, 19:17

Wanted:

2u backspace key, icon or text.
7u gray space bar.
ISO enter, gray, icon or text.

KaminBobby

13 Sep 2015, 18:48

looking for 7u spacebar and 1.75 backspace!

zslane

17 Sep 2015, 00:23

This is the last Granite keycap that I am looking to buy:
Granite 1.75u starburst icon modifier keycap
Granite 1.75u starburst icon modifier keycap
granite_175star.png (1.99 KiB) Viewed 21163 times
I also have a full set of RGB Text mods available for trades.

t8c

23 Sep 2015, 09:53

Looking for a 1u or 1.5u Winkey (windows 95 logo)

ideus

23 Sep 2015, 14:22

ideus wrote: Wanted:

2u backspace key, icon or text.
7u gray space bar.
ISO enter, gray, icon or text.
After some additional thought, I have decided to quit using my Granite, I have tried very hard to get used to spherical un-profiled key caps, unsuccessfully. I got back to my old worn off vintage white-on-black Cherry set.

If someone have a spare 7u GMK space bar in black, I will buy it.
Last edited by ideus on 24 Sep 2015, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Plasmodium

24 Sep 2015, 11:01

I'd like an ISO enter, preferably blue. I see from Massdrop they came in packs of two, so someone must have a spare. ;)
This is a long shot - but does anyone have a numpad kit, either...?

zslane

25 Sep 2015, 22:47

Plasmodium I would strongly recommend that you pick up ideus' set of Granite caps and augment with ISO caps as you find them (I had to piecemeal my Granite set too, from no less than four different community members).

I will say, however, that I am profoundly disappointed with how indifferent my co-workers are towards my Granite-dressed keyboard. Philistines!

ideus

25 Sep 2015, 23:32

zslane wrote: Plasmodium I would strongly recommend that you pick up ideus' set of Granite caps and augment with ISO caps as you find them (I had to piecemeal my Granite set too, from no less than four different community members).

I will say, however, that I am profoundly disappointed with how indifferent my co-workers are towards my Granite-dressed keyboard. Philistines!
My sentiment as well.

Regarding my Granite, that can cover almost two boards, is not on sale yet; but it would, and it even has a blue ISO enter.

Plasmodium

26 Sep 2015, 00:31

Thanks guys! I didn't see that comment earlier!
I'd definitely be interested if/when you're selling, ideus.

rB0rlax

26 Sep 2015, 23:03

ideus wrote:
zslane wrote: Plasmodium I would strongly recommend that you pick up ideus' set of Granite caps and augment with ISO caps as you find them (I had to piecemeal my Granite set too, from no less than four different community members).

My sentiment as well.

Regarding my Granite, that can cover almost two boards, is not on sale yet; but it would, and it even has a blue ISO enter.
I've also pieced together my granites from DT and Reddit. Still missing A-Z, Volume Up/down, Page Up, Home and End so I'm very interested as well if you end up selling yours.

Also I have these if anyone else needs anything. I'd prefer to trade.

ideus

27 Sep 2015, 04:22

The beauty of Granite is that you can have exactly the legends you need, where you need them. I have been able to secure exactly that keys I need for my board, but I have a lot of left overs...

rB0rlax

27 Sep 2015, 09:06

ideus wrote: The beauty of Granite is that you can have exactly the legends you need, where you need them. I have been able to secure exactly that keys I need for my board, but I have a lot of left overs...
Yeah, I'm filling a Tipro 128-key board with them, which would have been a mess with other profiles.

Kabouik

27 Sep 2015, 19:47

I'm desperately looking for an ISO French layout, like this one:

I won't set my hopes too high, I know it'll be hard to find that. I don't mind having the Numpad included or not. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have that, or at least the ISO-specific modifiers and Azerty alphanumeric keycaps, even if in different colours than in the picture.

t8c

27 Sep 2015, 21:09

Kabouik wrote: I'm desperately looking for an ISO French layout, like this one:

I won't set my hopes too high, I know it'll be hard to find that. I don't mind having the Numpad included or not. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have that, or at least the ISO-specific modifiers and Azerty alphanumeric keycaps, even if in different colours than in the picture.
Does the granite alphas have different row profiles? I read something about it being easier to mix and match layouts like Colemak etc.

From PMK granite page, i.e. http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/gra ... modifiers/
The set is in DSA family (short spherical top), all keys are on the same profile/angle; there are no rows (unlike the DCS family) and all keys can be mixed up to create less common layouts (colemak, azerty, qwertz, …). - See more at: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/gra ... pbPzC.dpuf

t8c

27 Sep 2015, 21:09

t8c wrote:
Kabouik wrote: I'm desperately looking for an ISO French layout, like this one:

Does the granite alphas have different row profiles? I read something about it being easier to mix and match layouts like Colemak etc.

From PMK granite page, i.e. http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/gra ... modifiers/
The set is in DSA family (short spherical top), all keys are on the same profile/angle; there are no rows (unlike the DCS family) and all keys can be mixed up to create less common layouts (colemak, azerty, qwertz, …). - See more at: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/gra ... pbPzC.dpuf

Kabouik

27 Sep 2015, 21:41

t8c wrote: Does the granite alphas have different row profiles? I read something about it being easier to mix and match layouts like Colemak etc.

Maybe they can be mixed then, but I have not any PBT key at the moment, so even if I can mix, I still need to find ISO modifiers and AZERTY alphanumeric keys (which are really rare, it seems). Or maybe I'm missing a current GB with these keys in PBT?

Plasmodium

27 Sep 2015, 23:42

DSA keys are all the same in each row, you could use them to make a completely custom layout without having mismatched profiles. This versatility is one of the reasons I am looking for a set (along with the relatively low height)!

Kabouik, have you looked at the picture at the top of this page? I'm not very familiar with AZERTY, but I'd be surprised if Elk doesn't have at least a few of the necessary numeric/symbol keys. The alphas should be interchangeable.

Kabouik

28 Sep 2015, 11:10

Plasmodium wrote: DSA keys are all the same in each row, you could use them to make a completely custom layout without having mismatched profiles. This versatility is one of the reasons I am looking for a set (along with the relatively low height)!

Kabouik, have you looked at the picture at the top of this page? I'm not very familiar with AZERTY, but I'd be surprised if Elk doesn't have at least a few of the necessary numeric/symbol keys. The alphas should be interchangeable.
It seems that ",?" is the only key among Elk's that would fit an ISO FR layout, and "<>|" could too but the third character is incorrect (no third character on the "<>" key of an ISO FR). That's only one compatible key, so even if the alphas could be later taken from any QWERTY layout, that's still a lot of keys to find for all the numeric and punctuation keys. I think my chances of finding that are pretty low and they might be a tad higher for a complete AZERTY set that someone would want to get rid of. Seems very unlikely still. :cry:
Last edited by Kabouik on 28 Sep 2015, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

vsev

28 Sep 2015, 12:29

Kabouik wrote: I think my chances of finding that are pretty low and they might be a tad higher for a complete AZERTY set that someone would want to get rid of. Seems very unlikely still. :cry:
PM'd !

Elk

29 Sep 2015, 14:01

Elk doesn't have AZERTY suitable caps for sale or trade because he's keeping those for himself :mrgreen:

Kabouik

29 Sep 2015, 14:23

Which is shamelessly selfish. :o

Elk

29 Sep 2015, 14:43

Definitely and if I were you I'd signup on massdrop and vote for Granite R4 which might happen before round 5a ships.

Just be aware that TEXT legended ISO keys might look different from the rest of the set, whereas ICON legended keys do not.

Plasmodium

29 Sep 2015, 15:07

Elk wrote: Just be aware that TEXT legended ISO keys might look different from the rest of the set, whereas ICON legended keys do not.
In what way might they look different? Variations in font, colour, size?

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2015, 15:17

Good question. I've mixed various rounds of Granite, both icon and text mod, without noticing any mismatches. SP improved the occasional legend alignment on the mono kits, that's the only minor difference I've seen.

Elk

29 Sep 2015, 15:20

See for yourself :
20150929_151438.jpg
20150929_151438.jpg (132 KiB) Viewed 20761 times

Kabouik

29 Sep 2015, 15:21

Elk wrote: Definitely and if I were you I'd signup on massdrop and vote for Granite R4 which might happen before round 5a ships.=
Do you have a link to that? I don't see any Granite R4 vote pending on massddrop.

Anyway, I might have a deal with vsev on some Granite keycaps, I'm waiting for his answer to our discussions yesterday. :)

Elk

29 Sep 2015, 15:53

Kabouik

29 Sep 2015, 15:55

Done. Thanks. Still waiting for vsev answer though, quite interested in what he might have to sell to me. :]

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Sep 2015, 15:59

You can also access Massdrop pages without having to log in by adding ?mode=guest_open to the URL:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-ke ... guest_open

Return to “Group buys”