[IC] DANGER ZONE Keyset

Data

06 Mar 2015, 03:29

Hi guys. :) I'm not really active in this community outside 7bit's Round X threads but I thought I'd share a keyset I've been working on with help from some of the dudes at GeekHack. Let me know if this looks like something you might be interested in.

- Summary -
Polymer: ABS
Legends: Doubleshot
Font: SP Gorton Modified
Colors: BFU, GSM, YY, RAS
Profile: SA Row3 (uniform)

TKL Base Kit

NumPad Pack

Arrow Pack

Dogfighter Pack (Gamer)

RAF Pack (UK ISO)

Maverick Pack (Winkeyless, Colemak, Dvorak, Other?)

Planck & Atomic Pack

AeroDox Pack (ErgoDox)

JD40 Pack

Wingman Pack (Novelty)

Theres' a little more detail in the IC over at GeekHack if you're curious.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68563.0

Thanks for looking. 8-)

7bit

06 Mar 2015, 15:06

A PEACE key woud be nice, instead of that WAR key.
:roll:

scottc

06 Mar 2015, 15:11

LAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Data

06 Mar 2015, 15:15

7bit wrote: A PEACE key woud be nice, instead of that WAR key.
:roll:
Heh, I'm definitely adding this. Thanks. :mrgreen:

HzFaq

06 Mar 2015, 15:16

scottc wrote: LAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
:D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Mar 2015, 15:34

I wonder how much time people must spend on games to want that kind of caps on their keyboards.
And it seems to always be about fighting of some kind.
Just boring, if you ask me.
Spoiler:
I know nobody did :lol:

Muirium
µ

06 Mar 2015, 15:46

Games went from being all JUMP JUMP JUMP to all SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.

Unless you count Minecraft and all the rest of it. Which gamers prefer not to, for unspoken reasons similar to our seldom talking about the Logitechs that most people use.

Mal-2

06 Mar 2015, 19:03

Muirium wrote: Games went from being all JUMP JUMP JUMP to all SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.

Unless you count Minecraft and all the rest of it. Which gamers prefer not to, for unspoken reasons similar to our seldom talking about the Logitechs that most people use.
Pfft. Minecraft isn't just my most-played game by a large margin, it's a design tool I use for building environments for OTHER games, stories, videos, etc. I used to run my server with an extra-hard survival mode — invisible monsters, extra tough ones with glass helmets that had super speed, or the ability to set you on fire, or caused damage that armor couldn't block, just to name a few things. In return, the rewards were also much greater, and you could buff up over time (mcMMO). Even so, I was the toughest player, but would still fuck up and die a couple times a month. One of the server rules was "Difficulty has been turned up to 11. You will die. No bitching about it." This extended to the Nether and End as well. I also would wipe and re-roll The End any time someone defeated the dragon, preventing the construction of End Grinders.

For a while I had a plug-in that would also ban players from the Survival world for one hour when they died (we called it semi-hardcore mode). They could muck about in Creative, or chat with others, or whatever, but any dropped items were pretty much guaranteed to be gone forever unless they sent someone else in to retrieve them. This stopped being maintained and I was forced to abandon it.

At the same time, I let players fight but never let it devolve to Factions or Towny levels. Someone is jumping your mining claim? Go ahead and beat the crap out of them or blow them up.

The point is, Minecraft doesn't HAVE to be just a feel-good buildfest. If you made something impressive in Survival on my server, it was because you earned it.

I can also construct quite complex redstone machinery, and have showed others how to do so, but sometimes it's pointless. Why waste my time showing them how to build and stack logic gates, when they don't understand how to use them in the first place?

Muirium
µ

06 Mar 2015, 20:06

Good good. The self professed core gamers that I know (guys who grew up on Amigas and learned WASD on Quake when it first came out) have mixed opinions indeed about Minecraft. Doesn't help that it's name dropped so much now by regular people who've never played it or anything much else. There's still a lot of identity tangled up in these things. A sense that you own a name by serving your time. Something alien and irrelevant to normals, and the next generation!

Any break from the interminable running and gunning that threw me off games at the turn of the century. For a while, every other genre really did collapse into FPS.

andrewjoy

06 Mar 2015, 20:25

there needs to be more PBT sets

Data

06 Mar 2015, 22:54

Not really sure where the gaming comments are coming from, but I appreciate them anyway.

This set is aviation themed and draws heavily from fighter aircraft, particularly the F-14 and F/A-18. Hence, Danger Zone (TOP GUN). Hence, blue & yellow (Blue Angels). I know I didn't make this obvious up front. I was trying to avoid a wall of text. :)

Muirium
µ

06 Mar 2015, 23:12

Tomcats and Hornets, eh? Time was you'd fly yours with a joystick and keyboard, and you'd better keep a good eye on that jagged horizon. A lot was lurking way out in the pixel fog…

Funny how computers move on but jets stay much the same!
andrewjoy wrote: there needs to be more PBT sets
True. There's several reasons ABS is still ahead, mind.
  • Easier to design.
  • As in you just pick legends, you don't have to draw them except custom ones.
  • Pick any colours you like. Light on dark? Have at it.
  • SP isn't so great at dyesub.
  • And they don't do it at all on SA profile caps.
  • You'd better have some good vectors, because you're drawing the lot.
  • Choose your colours wisely. Light legends are out. And even Matty got caught out with Granite's internationals with blue.
For PBT, we're probably best off with BSP blanks and a separate dyesub process, like Imsto. As nominated for the DTA's:

http://deskthority.net/final-vote-f84/b ... t9309.html

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Mar 2015, 08:31

Mal-2 wrote: […] and beat the crap out of them or blow them up.[…]

Data

15 Sep 2015, 20:13

Hi DT!

I don't know if there was ever much interest in Danger Zone here, but the group buy is now available on Massdrop.

Link: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/danger-zon ... guest_open

Give me a shout if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

7bit

15 Sep 2015, 22:08

Not interested!
:o

Everybody here has already spent their money on HONEYB-madness.
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

15 Sep 2015, 23:36

Pretty much.

Also: flat row 3? That's the kind of move to make an android comment "intriguing". And you know that's not a good thing!

Data

16 Sep 2015, 17:16

Intrigue is always a good thing! :D

Return to “Group buys”