Damn, I really need an AT !

Khers

26 Sep 2015, 15:58

vsev wrote: Damn, I really need an AT !
Ditto!

hammelgammler
Vintage

30 Sep 2015, 18:18

Could somebody post a comparison of a few alu cases and a HHKB in their height difference?
Maybe it's just my point of view, but the most 60% Alu cases seems to be a lot higher then a HHKB.
Note that I mean the height from the table to the top of the spacebar. Would be nice to know what's the closest in height to a HHKB. :)

Edit: Or could at least someone measure the height of their Alu cases, especially someone with a Hammer Shell Case?
image.png
image.png (54.96 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
I know the measurement above ist not quite important, the height from table to spacebar would be much more important! :)

jou

05 Oct 2015, 18:23

Now that I have a proper tenting solution (instead of a bunch of business card boxes) for my Ergodox, I have a nice place to put my beer down
IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1231.jpg (172.16 KiB) Viewed 5551 times

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

06 Oct 2015, 12:09

My NerD60 [CTRL]ALT edition with Purple JTK mods and Cherry WOB, the Esc is a SLS Green ESC (Bro Caps) gift from azhdar ;) I have to swap the spacebar with a green one and it's perfect.
I have to say JTK caps are very nice, you don't feel any difference to GMK caps, texture, thickness just right. Very nice caps. My set was a gift from BunnyLake.

Prelim

06 Oct 2015, 12:17

looks great Daniel! ;)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

06 Oct 2015, 13:10

it strikes me that i have not posted to this thread in a while. my hhkb is in full-on hot mess mode:

DanielT

06 Oct 2015, 13:15

This was my inspiration:

scottc

06 Oct 2015, 14:21

Wow DanielT, that's amazing! I love the look of it. I wish I'd gotten a set of JTKeycaps now...

Azhdar

06 Oct 2015, 14:27

DanielT wrote: My NerD60 [CTRL]ALT edition with Purple JTK mods and Cherry WOB, the Esc is a SLS Green ESC (Bro Caps) gift from azhdar ;) I have to swap the spacebar with a green one and it's perfect.
I have to say JTK caps are very nice, you don't feel any difference to GMK caps, texture, thickness just right. Very nice caps. My set was a gift from BunnyLake.
I have the green 6.25u spacebar of your inspiration, if you' don't have a source yet for it, I will send it your way.

DanielT

06 Oct 2015, 15:46

@Azhdar: Thanks ;) I already have the green spacebar, I don't have it at the office, and I was eager to see the purple mods on the board :) Thanks again :)
@scottc: these caps are really very good, I have to admit I was pretty sceptic about the quality but after I saw them and now type on them I have to say these are awesome, top quality for the price. Nothing like Tai-Hao or some other thin ABS caps, these are very good. I think BunnyLake has some extras, and I think at some point there will be also on the [CTRL]ALT store.

DanielT

06 Oct 2015, 16:20

sth wrote: it strikes me that i have not posted to this thread in a while. my hhkb is in full-on hot mess mode:
Spoiler:
That's one crazy HHKB :lol: I love it, you still need some caps to replace everything with artisan caps :D How do feel those resin caps compared to the stock PBT caps ?

Muirium
µ

06 Oct 2015, 16:22

Is the red spacebar one of Matteo's PBTs?

Now I've got the little official Esc and Control kit, I need to shoot some pictures. Too wet and dark here to tell for sure, but it looks like Matteo's colour matching was pretty good for both blue and red.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

07 Oct 2015, 08:55

DanielT wrote:
sth wrote: it strikes me that i have not posted to this thread in a while. my hhkb is in full-on hot mess mode:
Spoiler:
That's one crazy HHKB :lol: I love it, you still need some caps to replace everything with artisan caps :D How do feel those resin caps compared to the stock PBT caps ?
resin caps are really all over the place. it depends on the maker and sometimes on the key. i'd say click clacks are the absolute best for typing on ( :o :o :o ) with 'Hot Keys' being a close second. unfortunately topre stems are pretty hard to replicate and people haven't seemed to figure out that a compression fit inside the barrel would be a lot easier and snugger than trying to replicate topre's snap-fit (which is acchievable mostly through the type of plastic and industrial manufacture).
also to note, some of these are actually topre keys - the yellow keys (except the top row) as well as the blue and red in the upper righthand corner, and the control are all topre mass-produced.
Muirium wrote: Is the red spacebar one of Matteo's PBTs?

Now I've got the little official Esc and Control kit, I need to shoot some pictures. Too wet and dark here to tell for sure, but it looks like Matteo's colour matching was pretty good for both blue and red.
yep that's matt3o's. i'm using the blue one now. 8-)

sethk

14 Oct 2015, 04:00

I got a G80-1000HDU in the mail thanks to ramnes :)

The first thing I did was swap the LEDs from green to red, and then I also added in-switch lock LEDs. I also put a super black on Escape.

PCB Texture:

PCB Traces:

Grey Pipeline:

Dual Lock LEDs:

andrewjoy

14 Oct 2015, 10:40

Look at the traces! They turn so tight all the electrons will crash into the side of the trace!

Topre Enthusiast

14 Oct 2015, 10:46

andrewjoy wrote: Look at the traces! They turn so tight all the electrons will crash into the side of the trace!
Are you trying to give the gaming peripheral companies even more pointless fluff to bleat about?

andrewjoy

14 Oct 2015, 10:52

Its totally true :P. Its also a problem if a PCB is installed upside down ! All the electrons will just fall out!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Oct 2015, 12:40

sorry Alps Police. linear browns are too good to keep pent up in a chunky, boring old terminal board*.

*please note qualifiers chunky, boring and old do not apply to all terminal boards, just the one i pulled these from

Muirium
µ

14 Oct 2015, 12:43

Hasu's PCB and a nice case, I presume? Looks like what I had in mind myself, before I got the shits on starting yet another custom!

HzFaq

14 Oct 2015, 12:47

Nice! I'm going to try very very hard to get mine finished this weekend...I've been saying that for at least 2 months now I think, but I've finally got my plates to fit the case so just need to sand and paint them, then do the assembly :D.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Oct 2015, 13:01

Muirium wrote: Hasu's PCB and a nice case, I presume? Looks like what I had in mind myself, before I got the shits on starting yet another custom!
Yep. using a custom plate with hhkbish layout.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Oct 2015, 13:07

sth wrote: sorry Alps Police. linear browns are too good to keep pent up in a chunky, boring old terminal board*.
Ha I knew it sth! :evilgeek: But seeing the result it's more than worth the sacrifice! Very nice and with those linear browns quite individual.
*please note qualifiers chunky, boring and old do not apply to all terminal boards, just the one i pulled these from
Noted and appreciated!
Last edited by seebart on 14 Oct 2015, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Oct 2015, 13:08

i just couldnt resist. i love linear browns!!!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Oct 2015, 13:09

In this case not a sin, but beware of the wrath of vintage Alps! :evilgeek:

scottc

14 Oct 2015, 13:09

God damn sth, that looks delicious. Really wishing I'd held out for an ANSI AEK now. :cry: Let's hope my blue Alps AT102W-style monstrosity is as elegant!

DanielT

14 Oct 2015, 13:17

scottc wrote: God damn sth, that looks delicious. Really wishing I'd held out for an ANSI AEK now. :cry: Let's hope my blue Alps AT102W-style monstrosity is as elegant!
AT102W can look very nice ;)
Spoiler:
@sth: the board looks perfect. And with linear Alps :D

Khers

14 Oct 2015, 13:21

That looks really nice, sth! Exactly what I was hoping not to see, now I wish I'd jumped aboard the alps party.

Muirium
µ

14 Oct 2015, 13:40

Where did you get that metal case? And any chance of a side elevation shot?

Return to “Gallery”