IBM SSK club!

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2015, 14:43

As are mine!

I should be there to get them all in January.

chzel

21 Aug 2015, 15:45

Muirium wrote: As are mine!

I should be there to get them all in January.
September is a fine month for travel as well!

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2015, 16:21

Heh, I was just over there in the spring. Can't burn out my welcome too soon!

zuglufttier

27 Sep 2015, 14:02

Yet another standard SSK.
Attachments
20150926_0001_03.jpg
20150926_0001_03.jpg (417.36 KiB) Viewed 4712 times

meow a cat

06 Oct 2015, 15:18

zuglufttier wrote:Yet another standard SSK.
Beautiful, nothing wrong with a plain old SSK. :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

06 Oct 2015, 15:30

Absolutely! The unadorned SSK is an all time classic. Really can't go wrong with that!

Azhdar

08 Oct 2015, 12:08

Received this beauty back from Maxx@phosphorglow.net today, it used to be a dirty and sticky ANSI SSK :lol:

snoopy

08 Oct 2015, 12:17

nice! did he put a led behind esc?

vsev

08 Oct 2015, 12:18

Very nice one ! Thinking to bolt and screw mod one of mine aswell, but not sure how accurate is my experience maybe will try on another M before as I'm not entirely satisfied with the one I made.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Oct 2015, 12:23

Congrats really nice, I don`t think I`ve ever seen those page up/down symbols on an SSK though?!?
Last edited by seebart on 08 Oct 2015, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

Azhdar

08 Oct 2015, 12:25

Thanks guys.

There's indeed a led behind the esc that can be turned on/off through a key combo.

seebart wrote: Congrats really nice, I don`t think I`ve ever seen those page up/down symbols on an SSK though?!? ANSI can be soo pretty!
I do agree that the IBM french legends are kind of weird, they look much nicer on cherry :>

snoopy

08 Oct 2015, 12:42

how much did you pay for the restoration?

Azhdar

08 Oct 2015, 12:45

snoopy wrote: how much did you pay for the restoration?
Costed me about 150$ + the shipping, was quite pricey. Good thing the SSK was from cindy so rather cheap.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

08 Oct 2015, 12:50

Nice looking SSK, and the Bronin is a cool touch ;) The barrel plate is painted orange ?

seebart

08 Oct 2015, 12:51

DanielT wrote: The barrel plate is painted orange ?
Looks like it, well spotted Daniel!

Azhdar

08 Oct 2015, 12:54

DanielT wrote: Nice looking SSK, and the Bronin is a cool touch ;) The barrel plate is painted orange ?
It's actually just a sheet that sits on top of the plate, I took an extra green one because well I have a obsession with green :lol:

HzFaq

08 Oct 2015, 13:02

I would do terrible things for an ISO SSK...

Nice get dude.

DanielT

08 Oct 2015, 13:35

Azhdar wrote:
DanielT wrote: Nice looking SSK, and the Bronin is a cool touch ;) The barrel plate is painted orange ?
It's actually just a sheet that sits on top of the plate, I took an extra green one because well I have a obsession with green :lol:
Spoiler:
Oh I know you love green 8-)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 Oct 2015, 15:22

Nice one Azhdar! I really need a BS artisan...

Muirium
µ

08 Oct 2015, 15:25

I'd like a buckling spring top hat cap. We could have a run of them for DT club members!

IBM or Topre. We're that kind of club. Quite enough MX novelties out there already.

seebart

08 Oct 2015, 15:31

Muirium wrote: I'd like a buckling spring top hat cap. We could have a run of them for DT club members!

IBM or Topre. We're that kind of club. Quite enough MX novelties out there already.
Yeah I'd like to see the DT logo.

DanielT

08 Oct 2015, 15:51

seebart wrote:
Muirium wrote: I'd like a buckling spring top hat cap. We could have a run of them for DT club members!

This is easy to solve :) Decent Keyboards makes them and we could organize a small GB with a custom order. I was thinking about this the other day.

meow a cat

08 Oct 2015, 15:57

DanielT wrote:
seebart wrote:

This is easy to solve :) Decent Keyboards makes them and we could organize a small GB with a custom order. I was thinking about this the other day.
I'd be in for a DT logo IBM keycap GB! :mrgreen:

Khers

08 Oct 2015, 16:06

Me too!

snoopy

08 Oct 2015, 16:11

me too, do it! :evilgeek:

DanielT

08 Oct 2015, 16:25

I'll have to make a small plan, have to get the hang of Deutsche Post for distribution and have to see how big this can go.
The price per cap is 5$ for a order of 8 pcs. Don't want to start something without some planning :P

For starters we need the graphics for the DT logo for top print and DESKTHORITY logo for side print. With these I can make an inquiry and see what the costs would be. When I made the SUN logo caps it was 40$ for 8 caps + shipping from Japan.

If someone else wants to do this here is the link -> https://www.etsy.com/shop/DecentKeyboards

zuglufttier

08 Oct 2015, 16:57

I'd be in for a complete set of nice caps with some interesting font, something like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/202335731/ ... _active_20

But not for the price of a complete SSK...

Edit: Of course without those windows shortcuts!

DanielT

08 Oct 2015, 17:03

Well, if I start a GB it's not going to be something big. Just one cap and a limited number, something I can deal with easy and in case of problems can take the loses, something like I did with the techkeys.us mini GB. I don't have the time to deal with something big :)

fms

15 Oct 2015, 04:23

Here's mine! '87 model restored and converted to ISO/spanish by maxx! 8-) next to his bigger but younger brother :P

andrewjoy

15 Oct 2015, 11:08

DanielT wrote: Well, if I start a GB it's not going to be something big. Just one cap and a limited number, something I can deal with easy and in case of problems can take the loses, something like I did with the techkeys.us mini GB. I don't have the time to deal with something big :)

That would be Cool.

I would love a Sun , SGI, DEC, Wyse and IBM cap for model M, basicly one from all the old computer manufacturers from the 80s :).

Return to “Gallery”