Post your keyboard/keycaps!

scottc

17 Oct 2015, 23:00

Wahey, nice one Hz! Very exciting. :D Is that a big-ass enter I see you're going for on the lower board?

Muirium
µ

17 Oct 2015, 23:03

Looks like it. Yikes! Those vintage caps had better be worth it. I've got a nice set of mint Alps doubleshots myself, with that accursed Big Ass…

How are you modding Hasu's PCB to accept such non-ANSI aberrations?

HzFaq

17 Oct 2015, 23:20

It is indeed big ass, the 2nd PCB is going to be a normal ISO. No modding needed for the big ass either, the switch position is the same as the normal ANSI one.

Muirium
µ

17 Oct 2015, 23:26

Ah, good point. That's what I dislike about Big Ass so much (besides for the doubled-up stabs it so often used on Alps). You lose a whole key, which it sits on like a fatty on the bus. That's no backslash, either, that's where backspace ought to be!

But the ISO board: that's beyond Hasu's PCB, right? Or I could be thinking too narrowly about that recent GB.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Oct 2015, 23:43

OK this is a little off topic but I got something fun on this Wang 724 I'm using right now; I give you...
Spoiler:
...a tiny enter in the num pad section! Isn't it adorable?
IMGP1046.JPG
IMGP1046.JPG (404.34 KiB) Viewed 10348 times

Muirium
µ

17 Oct 2015, 23:59

F32? We need moar funckshone keys!

Do you have this board hooked up to a computer? I wonder how that Cancel key shows up.

seebart

18 Oct 2015, 00:05

Muirium wrote: F32? We need moar funckshone keys!

Do you have this board hooked up to a computer? I wonder how that Cancel key shows up.
Sure I'm using it right now. Unfortunately the "Cancel" key does not show by default, but help is on the other side. :mrgreen: Hmm these orange Alps feel nice.
complete-clean.jpg
complete-clean.jpg (311.18 KiB) Viewed 10329 times

QQ轻轻

18 Oct 2015, 09:35

[One Hundred] ft Redscarf III & Lightsaver v2

More pictures of the build log in my album here: http://imgur.com/a/pfbC0

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

18 Oct 2015, 12:15

Very nice board. Are those LYN caps ? From the TX1800 GB? Those purple dyesubs are matching the rest of the board really nice.

QQ轻轻

18 Oct 2015, 14:29

DanielT wrote: Very nice board. Are those LYN caps ? From the TX1800 GB? Those purple dyesubs are matching the rest of the board really nice.
Thanks >_<
Yup, those are LYN Caps.
I get from a quick GB from EC forum.

Stabilized

18 Oct 2015, 22:47

Completely missed out on the TX1800 GB and the LYN caps.
Really like those keycaps, do you know if LYN do their own dye-subbing? Would be interested to see how they compare to IMSTO dyesubbed Gateron Cherry caps.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Oct 2015, 22:53

Hammer case (with some wool felt inside), FaceU PCB, lubed Cherry MX black with 62g springs, dye-sublimated OG Cherry caps, SIP sockets, alu plate, Pexon cable (double sleeving).

Typing sound :
Last edited by ramnes on 19 Oct 2015, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.

Prelim

18 Oct 2015, 23:02

looks and sounds great!! ;)

scottc

18 Oct 2015, 23:10

Beautiful, ramnes!

HzFaq

18 Oct 2015, 23:12

Holy shit that's nice, good job dude.

Muirium
µ

18 Oct 2015, 23:18

A FaceU that actually works? Impressive!

Now just flip that spacebar around and everything will be peachy…

HzFaq

18 Oct 2015, 23:50

Welp, here it is; PT ISO, big ass enter, orange alps :D.

Only problem is, the screw holes in the plate aren't big enough.

So now I have to desolder it, re-drill the holes in the plate, paint it again and put it back together...

Muirium
µ

18 Oct 2015, 23:53

I'll never excuse Big Ass, but that split right Shift makes this one eminently useable keyboard once you get it together. Quite how anyone suffers a 60% without HHKB style, I dare not imagine…

HzFaq

18 Oct 2015, 23:56

I only use that key as a layer lock, so it's doing double duties as #~ on tap (the key I lose as a result of the big enter) and layer lock on long hold. The menu is also a toggle switch, but I think I'm going to get rid of that and save it for the 2nd PCB. I do kind of want a split backspace though...maybe I'll do that once I've got it back in parts :D.

So fucking gutted about those screw holes though...

photekq
Cherry Picker

19 Oct 2015, 02:15

Looks great ramnes!
Muirium wrote: A FaceU that actually works? Impressive!

Now just flip that spacebar around and everything will be peachy…
Actual FaceUs don't suffer any issues.. Only some of the "replicas".

But yes, he should flip the spacebar back ASAP.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

19 Oct 2015, 07:15

HzFaq wrote: Welp, here it is; PT ISO, big ass enter, orange alps :D.

So now I have to desolder it, re-drill the holes in the plate, paint it again and put it back together...

60% with a BigAss :o i love it!!! you said the switch is in the same spot as ANSI enter but what about stabilizing it?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

19 Oct 2015, 07:51

Thanks Prelim, scottc, HzFaq, photekq!

And µ/photekq, I just can't go back to a normal spacebar, I've been contaminated... :(

HzFaq

19 Oct 2015, 08:36

sth wrote:
HzFaq wrote: Welp, here it is; PT ISO, big ass enter, orange alps :D.

60% with a BigAss :o i love it!!! you said the switch is in the same spot as ANSI enter but what about stabilizing it?
There's a normal ANSI enter horizontally around the switch and then a tiny 1u Costar stabilizer vertically above it, you can kind of see it here. It's an absolute fucking bastard to get the key on properly...

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

19 Oct 2015, 10:04

@Muirium: faceU boards are not bad at all, I've had 2 with no issue, alinh had one again with no issues, my guess is some of the later boards were junk and that's why there were so many issues.
@HzFaq: the board looks great :D I envy you for the short right Shift, it's perfect this way, all the work paid off ;)
@ramnes:love your 60%, Hammer case is one of the best designed Alu cases. Have to get me one of the nice Pexon cables, it's high time for one :D

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

19 Oct 2015, 11:13

@HzFaq -- ahh i didn't look close enough at your plate when i saw the picture this morning.
someday i would love to make a 60% with bigass, if only to rile up Mu.

HzFaq

19 Oct 2015, 17:58

Oh yeah, that too :D.

I was going to try and mod a more "normal" plate so I could use the split right shift caps, but though screw it and went with something a bit different. I would like to replace the PT caps with some UK ones at some point but I'm in no rush, I kind of like the extra legends on the PT ones :D.

Stabilized

20 Oct 2015, 14:19

@ramnes: wow, absolutely beautiful pics and keyboard! Had some nice weather today in Aberdeen and instead of going outside you inspired me to stay in and try and get some pics of my keyboard.
Not sure if they are quite on the same level in terms of quality though :lol:

b.Face (v. 1.0), BBB acrylic case, 55g lubed Gateron clears, Hammer Olivetti caps:
More pics:
Spoiler:
Apologies for the depth of field on that last one, might a bit over the top!
Last edited by Stabilized on 24 Oct 2015, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

20 Oct 2015, 14:19

That's the best looking pic.

Stabilized

20 Oct 2015, 14:24

I thought that too until I looked at it fullscreen in Lightroom and realised that only about a corner of the outside keycap is actually in focus.
Then again if I stopped down any further you might see the mess of cables on my floor ;)

seebart

20 Oct 2015, 14:25

That's the best looking 60% I've seen in a while. Awesome colors.

Return to “Gallery”