My First Post Here :)

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 08:51

Hey all! I've been a member of /r/MK and GH for a little bit, and now I'm finally a member here!

I have currently have a QFR with MX Browns, but plan on modding the switches to stickered & lubed Panda Clears in the near future. I just purchased a KBParadise V60MTS-Q off of a GH member earlier today, and an Apple Standard M0116 board with Salmon Alps from eBay today as well. I plan on swapping out the Quiet Clicks (if I don't like them) for the Salmons, so I can relive my childhood on a 60% board!

Nothing too fancy here, but I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all what I have / have in the mail! I'm looking forward to sharing some good conversations with you all about boards and mods! :D

Cheers!

-grav3serker

Firebolt1914

21 Oct 2015, 17:15

Welcome to DT!

andrewjoy

21 Oct 2015, 17:16

Hi!

You know you have to get a beamspring within 6 months of DT registration right? or poof !

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 17:53

andrewjoy wrote:Hi!

You know you have to get a beamspring within 6 months of DT registration right? or poof !
A beamspring?? What is that?

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 17:53

Firebolt1914 wrote:Welcome to DT!
Thanks!! Happy to be here!!

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2015, 17:57

grav3serker wrote: A beamspring?? What is that?
Proof you have a long way to go. Welcome to the beginning…

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 18:01

Muirium wrote:
grav3serker wrote: A beamspring?? What is that?
Proof you have a long way to go. Welcome to the beginning…
Just looked it up. That thing looks amazing! Haha RIP my wallet.

andrewjoy

21 Oct 2015, 18:06

And we have another one.

Welcome to the hobby!

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 18:38

andrewjoy wrote: And we have another one.

Welcome to the hobby!
Thanks! It's been about 6 months now and I'm already insanely addicted to boards and mods!

Chyros

21 Oct 2015, 18:47

Welcome to DT! Soon we'll have you swimming in stuff so old you can't imagine! :D

Hypersphere

21 Oct 2015, 18:54

@grav3serker: Welcome aboard. You have some excellent plans for your KBP V60MTS-Q. I have all three MTS variants. I like the Click version best. The Q version feels a bit too much like Cherry mx with O-rings to me, but the switch action itself is still better than any Cherry mx IMO. You might also be interested in the Infinity and Alps Party 60% projects.

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 18:57

Chyros wrote:Welcome to DT! Soon we'll have you swimming in stuff so old you can't imagine! :D
Thanks!! Haha I can't wait! I want it all! :D

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 19:02

Hypersphere wrote:@grav3serker: Welcome aboard. You have some excellent plans for your KBP V60MTS-Q. I have all three MTS variants. I like the Click version best. The Q version feels a bit too much like Cherry mx with O-rings to me, but the switch action itself is still better than any Cherry mx IMO. You might also be interested in the Infinity and Alps Party 60% projects.
Thanks! It'll be my first Alps board, so I'm pretty excited. Good to know! I'm not a fan of MX switches with o-rings, so I'm looking forward to the Salmons! I just came across those Alps builds last night, and I'm really excited about them! That's definitely something I'm interested in! :D

Chyros

21 Oct 2015, 20:08

grav3serker wrote:
Hypersphere wrote:@grav3serker: Welcome aboard. You have some excellent plans for your KBP V60MTS-Q. I have all three MTS variants. I like the Click version best. The Q version feels a bit too much like Cherry mx with O-rings to me, but the switch action itself is still better than any Cherry mx IMO. You might also be interested in the Infinity and Alps Party 60% projects.
Thanks! It'll be my first Alps board, so I'm pretty excited. Good to know! I'm not a fan of MX switches with o-rings, so I'm looking forward to the Salmons! I just came across those Alps builds last night, and I'm really excited about them! That's definitely something I'm interested in! :D
Salmons in good condition are really nice, I'm pretty sure you'll like them ;) . Alps is a pretty broad church, exploring just that will take a while xD .

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:14

Chyros wrote:
grav3serker wrote:
Salmons in good condition are really nice, I'm pretty sure you'll like them ;) . Alps is a pretty broad church, exploring just that will take a while xD .
Is there a way to lube Alps like MX in case the switches aren't pristine? Or are they pretty much wysiwyg? I'm definitely looking forward to exploring as many Alps as I can!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Oct 2015, 20:16

grav3serker wrote: Is there a way to lube Alps like MX in case the switches aren't pristine? Or are they pretty much wysiwyg? I'm definitely looking forward to exploring as many Alps as I can!
Yes but you'll need about 4-9 years for both! :mrgreen:

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:22

seebart wrote:
grav3serker wrote: Is there a way to lube Alps like MX in case the switches aren't pristine? Or are they pretty much wysiwyg? I'm definitely looking forward to exploring as many Alps as I can!
Yes but you'll need about 4-9 years for both! :mrgreen:
4-9 years to lube the switches or to try all the switches?? Haha

Chyros

21 Oct 2015, 20:24

You can lube Alps, but a thorough clean will probably work better. I have a video tutorial on it in case you need it. No need to start tinkering unless the switch feel is scratchy though :) .

seebart

21 Oct 2015, 20:29

Chyros wrote: You can lube Alps, but a thorough clean will probably work better. I have a video tutorial on it in case you need it. No need to start tinkering unless the switch feel is scratchy though :) .
Very true, Alps are dirt prone. There are worlds in feel between clean and really dirty Alps SKCL/SKCM series, one the few flaws of that switch.

Have you had a look at our wiki grav3serker? Lots of infos there.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKCL/SKCM_series

chzel

21 Oct 2015, 20:46

It takes a lot of time for the lube to really get in there! Average lubing procedure in warm climates takes about 5 years to mature properly.
By the way, have you tried buckling spring yet?
And welcome!

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:47

Chyros wrote: You can lube Alps, but a thorough clean will probably work better. I have a video tutorial on it in case you need it. No need to start tinkering unless the switch feel is scratchy though :) .
Oh right on! So that is your YouTube channel I've been checking out! That's one of the only videos I haven't checked out yet, but I'll do that now!

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:49

seebart wrote:
Very true, Alps are dirt prone. There are worlds in feel between clean and really dirty Alps SKCL/SKCM series, one the few flaws of that switch.

Have you had a look at our wiki grav3serker? Lots of infos there.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKCL/SKCM_series
Good to know! I've glanced over it a few times, but now that I have an Alps board in the mail, I'll actually read it! Cheers!

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:51

chzel wrote: It takes a lot of time for the lube to really get in there! Average lubing procedure in warm climates takes about 5 years to mature properly.
By the way, have you tried buckling spring yet?
And welcome!
Oh wow! I had no idea! That's pretty insane haha. I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting a buckling spring, but I hope to acquire one eventually!

seebart

21 Oct 2015, 20:54

Mr. Buckling Spring is easy to meet, but Mr. Beam Spring you might never meet.

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 20:57

seebart wrote: Mr. Buckling Spring is easy to meet, but Mr. Beam Spring you might never meet.
Challenge accepted! 8-)

Muirium
µ

21 Oct 2015, 21:01

First you'll need a pile of cash. And then you need to convince me to sell that beamspring I promised Seebart to you instead. I wonder what bribery you have in store!

seebart

21 Oct 2015, 21:01

It's a challenge alright, don't get your hopes up too high, and don't give up either!
Muirium wrote: First you'll need a pile of cash. And then you need to convince me to sell that beamspring I promised Seebart to you instead. I wonder what bribery you have in store!
Ahh now he's getting tough on me. :mrgreen:
ScottyStarTrek112210_0.jpg
ScottyStarTrek112210_0.jpg (24.1 KiB) Viewed 4959 times

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 21:08

Muirium wrote: First you'll need a pile of cash. And then you need to convince me to sell that beamspring I promised Seebart to you instead. I wonder what bribery you have in store!
Haha I'll come up with some bribery! I was just watching some videos on that bad boy and it looks and sounds glorious!!

grav3serker

21 Oct 2015, 21:09

seebart wrote: It's a challenge alright, don't get your hopes up too high, and don't give up either!
Ahh now he's getting tough on me. :mrgreen:
ScottyStarTrek112210_0.jpg
:lol:

klikkyklik

21 Oct 2015, 21:29

Welcome aboard!

With any luck this will be you after a couple of years:
1.jpg
1.jpg (60.42 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
And this will be you after a couple of years after that (photo courtesy of XMIT):
2.jpg
2.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
Enjoy the journey! :)

Return to “Keyboards”