Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

farinasa_

02 Nov 2015, 04:48

Finally got to sort through my caps, looks like I'm missing two from the white ERGOBASE kit:

1x 200(Thumb Key)
1x Row 4 150

mr_peck

02 Nov 2015, 09:00

I want to cancel my pre-order for HONEYB and order leftovers instead, so i've sended to 7bot :

Code: Select all

HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY|CONTROL 0
HONEY/MOD175S 2
I've received this invoice :

Code: Select all

Order-ID              |Description                 |Price|Qty|Pcs| Total
HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY|CONTROL (row 3, 1.75 units) | 5.00|  2|  4| 10.00
HONEY/MOD175S         |Modifier 1.75 stepped kit   | 5.00|  2|  4| 10.00
How can i cancel the "HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY|CONTROL" line ?

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 11:09

HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY 0
:roll:

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 11:10

I set up a FUNCTION2 kit ...
:shock:
infodroid wrote:
7bit wrote: These keys in HONEYB/FUNCTION make sense to me:
TAB, BACK SPACE, DELETE, ERASE, NO, YES, STOP, GO, OPEN, CLOSE, RUN, FN (or FUN), END, HELP.

These, I want for the fun of it:
MAGIC, XMIT, DUCK, 7BIT MODE, 7BOT MODE
I'm not sure about TAB, BACK SPACE, DELETE, END. Aren't they already in other sets?

Here are some more ideas for HONEYB/FUNCTION or similar:
ATTN
HOLD
CLEAR
CMD
KILL
ROOT
POWER
READY
LAUNCH
Which rows !!!!
:mad:

mr_peck

02 Nov 2015, 11:13

7bit wrote: HONEYB/CONTROL175/GREY 0
Thanks.

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 11:23

scottc wrote: You should be passing grep a filename as an argument instead of catting and then piping! I'm very disappointed in you, 7bit. :shock: :cry:
It is easier to add some more code to the end of line instead of somwhere at the beginning.
:P

lifeinvader

02 Nov 2015, 11:29

@7bit
How is it possible to order?
I'd really like to purchase a red ISO return key (HONEY/JRET/RED) :)

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 11:43

You need to pm user 7bot:
HONEY/JRET/RED
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address

:cool:
HONEYB_FUNCTION2_BLUE.png
HONEYB_FUNCTION2_BLUE.png (128.46 KiB) Viewed 5857 times
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/WHITE
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/GREY
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/RED
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/BLACK
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/BLUE
HONEYB/FUNCTION2/VIOLETT
Price: $35 each!
:ugeek:

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 13:23

Total madness:

lifeinvader

02 Nov 2015, 15:29

7bit wrote: You need to pm user 7bot:
HONEY/JRET/RED
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address

Thanks a lot! :D
I really appreciate it!

infodroid

02 Nov 2015, 15:30

7bit wrote: I set up a FUNCTION2 kit ...
:shock:
infodroid wrote:
7bit wrote: These keys in HONEYB/FUNCTION make sense to me:
TAB, BACK SPACE, DELETE, ERASE, NO, YES, STOP, GO, OPEN, CLOSE, RUN, FN (or FUN), END, HELP.

These, I want for the fun of it:
MAGIC, XMIT, DUCK, 7BIT MODE, 7BOT MODE
I'm not sure about TAB, BACK SPACE, DELETE, END. Aren't they already in other sets?

Here are some more ideas for HONEYB/FUNCTION or similar:
ATTN
HOLD
CLEAR
CMD
KILL
ROOT
POWER
READY
LAUNCH
Which rows !!!!
:mad:
Thanks 7bit :D R3 was a good call! I would mainly use them in the top row, in place of ESCAPE but also above numpads. With R3 they are a different profile than surrounding keys, which makes them easy to distinguish by touch.

tofagerl

02 Nov 2015, 18:11

7bit wrote: Total madness:
Is it even possible to match that to a keyboard without handwiring? And even then the plate would have to be very custom...

helveticaman

02 Nov 2015, 18:29

tofagerl wrote:
7bit wrote: Total madness:
Is it even possible to match that to a keyboard without handwiring? And even then the plate would have to be very custom...
You need to take a look at this: http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hype ... 11344.html

zslane

02 Nov 2015, 19:07

Except that R3 means they can't be used to replace the R1 function keys. I mean, FUNCTION2 would be great for giving mnemonic labels to, you know, the FUNCTION keys. But oh well.

7bit

02 Nov 2015, 21:25

tofagerl wrote: Is it even possible to match that to a keyboard without handwiring? And even then the plate would have to be very custom...
The keyboard is readily designed. All I need to do is let it be produced. Also, I still need to write the software to generate files to make the mount plate cutting machine happy.

skaloola

03 Nov 2015, 07:27

7bit wrote:
skaloola wrote: Any chance of ever seeing the hashbang or vim SA keys get produced again?

HONEY/HASHBANG (or whatever)
HONEY/VIM (4 colors + original green please =)

i want....
Green would be impossible.
:o

I've got to think about the 2 ...
Whelp, screw the VIM then. Hashbang in the existing colorways pls! That key is so beautiful

Stolen from someones post on the cappening thread I believe:

romevi

03 Nov 2015, 07:59

Maybe a gold/off-yellow?

infodroid

03 Nov 2015, 13:24

zslane wrote: Except that R3 means they can't be used to replace the R1 function keys. I mean, FUNCTION2 would be great for giving mnemonic labels to, you know, the FUNCTION keys. But oh well.
You mean the 1U keys in HONEYB/FUNCTION2? I can see why you might prefer R1 to R3. I would be happy with either. If more people prefer one than the other maybe it can be changed. ;)

romevi

03 Nov 2015, 13:45

infodroid wrote:
zslane wrote: Except that R3 means they can't be used to replace the R1 function keys. I mean, FUNCTION2 would be great for giving mnemonic labels to, you know, the FUNCTION keys. But oh well.
You mean the 1U keys in HONEYB/FUNCTION2? I can see why you might prefer R1 to R3. I would be happy with either. If more people prefer one than the other maybe it can be changed. ;)
I just want a single 1u Fn to be used with the right Shift. :(

tofagerl

03 Nov 2015, 15:43

Wait, there is no 1u fn? or just not on that row?

romevi

03 Nov 2015, 16:39

tofagerl wrote: Wait, there is no 1u fn? or just not on that row?
There is definitely a 1u Fn in that row, but I mean by itself. I guess it doesn't make sense to offer that one for sale on its own; I'll have to buy another set to get it.

zslane

03 Nov 2015, 18:42

Hey 7bit, I suppose it is too late for Round 5a to make use of the R4 SHIFT key molds that just got finished over at SP? If so, when do you suppose you'll run a repair GB for those?

jbondeson

03 Nov 2015, 21:16

If we can get the combo of proper R4 and SHIFT legends I'm definitely going to replace my Symbiosis set with a proper sculpted Space Cadet R5a set!

zslane

03 Nov 2015, 21:21

Well, we know 7bit used his own corrected SHIFT legend in the graphics he submitted. The only question is whether or not Round 5a will make use of the new R4 molds.

Norman_

03 Nov 2015, 21:34

To reiterate, will get get R4 shifts?

Do you already have any plans for the next round?
Because i would probably enjoy Space Cadet in the honeywell colorway. It's a bit late for this round, though. I'd be the only buyer.

andrewjoy

03 Nov 2015, 21:43

Round 6 is spherical dyesub PBT caps! with IBM, beamspring alps and Hi-Tec mounts. And a green f row so i can recreate my first proper computer

I loved running rings arround my friends shitty PCs at the time, ARM ftw! I could emulate there shitty dos faster than there AT :P
Last edited by andrewjoy on 03 Nov 2015, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

03 Nov 2015, 21:46

Shipping 2020…

First we have 2 years of Round 5a to go through.

andrewjoy

03 Nov 2015, 21:49

Indeed!

Also check out that number-pad ! That must be where my love of split + came from . And its unix layout!

Norman_

03 Nov 2015, 21:53

Muirium wrote: Shipping 2020…

First we have 2 years of Round 5a to go through.
Do you seriously honestly think it will take two years from now?

I'm a newbie for a 7bit group buy and i can't tell if you're sarcastic or not. There is a hard final deadline drawn in the sand, it shouldn't take that long, should it?

Muirium
µ

03 Nov 2015, 21:58

I'm in between serious and total sarcasm. We did indeed go through two full years in Round 5 before any caps shipped. Round 5a has been taking orders concurrently with the last year or so of that, but when will they be manufactured? SP seems to have a long waiting list now, and the last time 7bit submitted an order, we wound up with… what… 6, 8, 10 months of total tumbleweed? Pick a number larger than that for 5a, and add it to whenever you think 7bit will place his order. (The only one that actually matters.)

Then rinse and repeat for Round 6. Assuming there isn't a Round 5b or anything else from 7bit in the meantime. I would not be surprised if there is!

Also, Round 6 is meant to be a new design, not just a colour refresh like 5a. So I think it could easily take more than 2 years from now to ship. Possibly 3. And honestly, I wouldn't put any money against even more. It depends on 7bit's own mania for adding more kits and delaying everyone, over and over, for far longer than he ever said. And then the just as comprehensive delays we get from SP. They treated Round 5 as a lowest priority task. It took ages. Round 6 will be just as bad or worse.

And I'm not kidding here.

Return to “Group buys”