New keycaps from KBDMania

Grond

24 Nov 2011, 22:34

I'm also loving the green color scheme. The font and positioning, not so much.

Findecanor

24 Nov 2011, 22:52

I think the font is great. I really dislike it when the font is too big, such as on modern Cherry keyboards.

I think that the legends could have been a bit more consistent. <Backspace>, right <Alt> and right <Ctrl> could have been right-justified. Right <Shift> could have had the arrow symbol to the left. All keys on the function row could have had the text centred both vertically and horizontally. The 1.5 wide <Control> key could have had the full word "Control" instead of the abbreviation.

harrison

25 Nov 2011, 17:45

7bit wrote:
harrison wrote:I really like the legend placement and sizing on those keys, it looks classy and clean. The colouring on the dark grey/navy (hard to tell) reminds me of an IBM board I used to have.
Does not look that clean to me!

top-left, bottom-left, buttom-right.

The designer obviously did not know what he wanted.

The design should be more consitent:
Return and Shift right have the labels right (an attempt to have some symmetry?), but right Alt and Control are at the left.
The 6 cursor movement keys could be considered function key and should be bottom-left.

Tab has the symbols to the right, shift to the left ....

But nice font and color-scheme.
:-)
yes, on closer inspection, i get what you mean. however, i don't like centred legends, but do like the though of the left hand modifiers having legends on the left bottom, righthand modifiers on the right bottom.

i'm also not a fan of the long legend on the enter key.

AbsurdMan

26 Nov 2011, 08:54

Where do you get those metallic cherry logo stickers?

Gilgam

26 Nov 2011, 12:51

AbsurdMan wrote:Where do you get those metallic cherry logo stickers?
laser cut aluminium foil i think
quite expensive...
i planned to get a cutter plotter machine to get some (metallic stickers).

i agree for the layout, it looks good at first sight but some problems arose at the second one :-)
This may be an issue for non touch typists.
QC not so good my friend !

Color scheme is very nice.

cactux

26 Nov 2011, 12:59

[Account and posts deleted on request]

DraJin

03 Dec 2011, 01:51

여기다 한글로 쓰는사람은 나밖에 없을듯 ㅋㅋㅋ
횽님~~ ㅋㅋㅋ 이뻐욤~~

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Dec 2011, 02:27

워 ^^

DraJin

05 Dec 2011, 02:07

webwit wrote:워 ^^
ooops~ ^^;

guilleguillaume

05 Dec 2011, 02:27

DraJin wrote:여기다 한글로 쓰는사람은 나밖에 없을듯 ㅋㅋㅋ
횽님~~ ㅋㅋㅋ 이뻐욤~~
Is this correct?

구글은 우리에게 도움이

I hope google is not wrong, don't want to say something bad :lol:

amasokin

05 Dec 2011, 17:06

I'm not a big fan of the white on green, but the green on white makes me throwing money at my screen so I can get them right now. Epic design.

cmh

05 Dec 2011, 21:55

I'm so jealous of these custom Korean keyboards. I especially like the green/white keycaps. Where is the shamrock at?!

Taeyoung

06 Dec 2011, 02:09

@Webwit and guilleguillaume,
Nice try! and looks like you guys have an aptitude for Korean. :-)

Taeyoung

06 Dec 2011, 02:31

AbsurdMan wrote:Where do you get those metallic cherry logo stickers?
Fortunately, I can make an order for any design of metallic stickers here in Korea. :-)

Picture courtesy of 익휴EQ/최이규

As I remember, the stickers are roughly priced at $10 each each except for the shipping and handling fee.
Last edited by Taeyoung on 06 Dec 2011, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

Taeyoung

06 Dec 2011, 02:34

sorry.. duplicated post. :-(
Last edited by Taeyoung on 06 Dec 2011, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

kaiserreich

06 Dec 2011, 02:38

Group Buy! :twisted:
But $10 aint cheap for a sticker

Half-Saint

09 Dec 2011, 12:09

No, but I still want some :)

itlnstln

09 Dec 2011, 15:46

I wonder if it's $10 per sticker or $10 for the whole sheet. I would hope it's for the whole sheet.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

09 Dec 2011, 16:03

I guess I'm somewhat old-fashioned, but I dislike people making money using others' intellectual property.
The logo no doubt is the property of Cherry Corp. and not something you can use as you like for commercial purposes.

ripster

09 Dec 2011, 16:21

Wow. That is old fashioned.

<insert any of my Chinese novelty key pics>

tsangan

09 Dec 2011, 20:57

Sell us stickers!

cactux

09 Dec 2011, 21:09

Taeyoung

13 Dec 2011, 07:43

itlnstln wrote:I wonder if it's $10 per sticker or $10 for the whole sheet. I would hope it's for the whole sheet.
That is of course $10 per sheet but not per sticker. :-)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Dec 2011, 07:57

Still it's stolen stuff.

Taeyoung

13 Dec 2011, 09:32

kbdfr wrote:Still it's stolen stuff.
Hmmm... What do you mean by that? :?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Dec 2011, 10:02

Taeyoung wrote:
kbdfr wrote:Still it's stolen stuff.
Hmmm... What do you mean by that? :?
I mean what I wrote a few days ago:
kbdfr wrote:I guess I'm somewhat old-fashioned, but I dislike people making money using others' intellectual property.
The logo no doubt is the property of Cherry Corp. and not something you can use as you like for commercial purposes.
Here someone takes advantage of the reputation Cherry has acquired over decades through high-cost quality manufacturing, marketing and advertising investment.
I wonder how you would feel if you were to start your own business, be successful with it, and see opportunists printing and selling for their own profit labels with the logo which constitutes your distinctive trademark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

Besides, the Cherry logo no doubt is protected by copyright laws, and infringement could prove to be very expensive - not only for the seller, but also for buyers.

cactux

13 Dec 2011, 10:23

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 Dec 2011, 11:05

cactux wrote:^ feel free to open a new thread regarding copyrights, good and evil. This is out of topic
Sorry not to share your views.
When I see a thief grabbing for a wallet, I don't just turn away and ask my neighbours afterwards what they think about theft.

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Dec 2011, 11:12

Somehow you started to think this is a commercial thing, instead of a non-profit enthusiast group buy. Wake me when these are sold for profit by commercial shops. Until then, nothing to see here, please move along.

mintberryminuscrunch

13 Dec 2011, 11:16

I think in this special case, the gain is larger than the loss for cherry.
while on one hand they use a trademarked/copyrighted Brand/Logo for their own gain, cherry themselves don't sell stickers and it raises brand awareness wich is also good for cherry.

Return to “Gallery”